Why Players X command is disabled in SP?

Discuss Median XL!
Bestendigo
Lava Lord
95 | 21
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ChuckNoRis wrote:give Sigma some more time to evolve . It will eventually be the best mod ever created , just that it needs a lot of work to polish all rough edges and the Dev team is small. They are doing what they can. I believe that your impression will change in about 2-3 years from now.

I didnt say Sigma is bad. It's very good mod and i have plenty of fun playing it, but i loved more old MXL 2012, last version developed by Brother Laz. Maybe it's nostalgy? Idk. Sigma has its flaws, i've searched the forum and i found some threads where people complain about various stuff, and its normal because everyone has his own point of view and nothing is perfect, including MXL Sigma, but no need to be rude to them. Sigma fans take it too serious.

Making same drop for SP and TSW and enabling Players X command would be much better option than increasing drop by 5% in SP. Drop rate of Median XL 2012 was perfectly balanced for SP, it was not overwhelming but also u didnt need to grind all ur free time in order to find anything useful.

Istaryu wrote:I have roghly 2-3x as much sigs consumed in sp compared to on tsw by the same lvl. Enough said.

I didnt mean just sigs, sigs are not a problem. Nihl on Hell drops always 2 so 10 runs and alrdy 20 sigs consumed. Even for my 125 lvl Sorc farming NIhl is no challenge at all, one run takes around 2min, one hour and 60 sigs consumed. TU/SU/Set/general item amount drop rate is almost the same in SP so I just keep walking with poor gear because I cant trade with anyone, or I just need to grind for weeks or even months to find items that will allow me to make hard ubers... even 400 sigs wont give me the power to face hard challenges without decent gear.

Scalewinged wrote:Pure luck-based battles and 1shot bosses that supposed to be "impossible" in early-mid gear is very balanced, agreed

I dont remember any pure luck-based battles and 1 shot bosses in MXL 2012. Maybe we played different versions... Even K3k was harder to farm in MXL 2012 than Sigma right now.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1443 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Bestendigo wrote:
Istaryu wrote:I have roghly 2-3x as much sigs consumed in sp compared to on tsw by the same lvl. Enough said.

I didnt mean just sigs, sigs are not a problem. Nihl on Hell drops always 2 so 10 runs and alrdy 20 sigs consumed. Even for my 125 lvl Sorc farming NIhl is no challenge at all, one run takes around 2min, one hour and 60 sigs consumed. TU/SU/Set/general item amount drop rate is almost the same in SP so I just keep walking with poor gear because I cant trade with anyone, or I just need to grind for weeks or even months to find items that will allow me to make hard ubers... even 400 sigs wont give me the power to face hard challenges without decent gear.

Are you a stormtrooper? Because you missed my point so damn hard that i cant even fathom it. I didnt kill Nihlathak a single time, all those sigs were from sus/sets. So drop rates are directly proportional to sigs consumed, you are just simply wrong.

Tus and runewords can carry most builds up to and including 120. Some 120 ubers are tricky with bad gear, but nothing really difficult. Even some of the 125 ubers are doable with tus, but you should have found some shrines to craft items with, or found some items from duncraig to use, craft good jewels, or farm teganze for xis/elemental runes etc.
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
IMO, the best way to successfully get good gear in SP is to play several diff characters/builds. you play one until you can collect either most pieces of a good set or an endgame weapon for any build, then play that build with that gear ubtil you collect good items for another build, switch again, and so on until you can get one build geared enough to comfortably farm places like dunc, fauzt and/or teganze.

builds like melee necro, summon necro, malice necro, holy caster paladin, melee sorc, trap assassin can be extremely good farmers just with their respective sets
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Oh hell no. To do all this farming with one char and switch to next one as soon as you get some shiny weapon - no no no. I mean, you can do all that grind all over again, but in reality it is better to stick to original char and invest some time/effort and customize it. Get more mf, get merc, progress towards new charms, get new charms, ect. You will understand your char better, learn game mechanics and gear will drop eventually. On the other side there are a handfull of builds that do ok with TUs, runewords or crafts.
Bestendigo
Lava Lord
95 | 21
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Istaryu wrote:Are you a stormtrooper? Because you missed my point so damn hard that i cant even fathom it. I didnt kill Nihlathak a single time, all those sigs were from sus/sets. So drop rates are directly proportional to sigs consumed, you are just simply wrong.

Then it doesnt work for me, because drop is almost the same in SP as in TSW. Maybe just slighty better. I have 124 Druid now in SP and i've got 98 sigs eaten, but like 50-60 are Nihl drop sigs. On my Sorc 125 on TSW i've got 122 sigs eaten, and also like 70-80 are from Nihl farming. I farmed Nihl little more on TSW.

Conclusion? It's almost the same. Even if i make K3k run on TSW with Sorc, then going to SP and making a run with Druid with fairly same mf (200-210%), i am finding similar amount of SU/Sets.

Maybe it's char difference? My killspeed on both is pretty similar, i am cleaning the entire K3k in around 15min with Sorc and Druid.

Honestly, i would get more sigs from farming Torajan Jungles in SP than actually finding a SU/Set.

This arguing has no point. I have alrdy wrote my opinion. Making same drop for TSW and SP and bringing back Players X command would be much better option. What devs will do? It's their choice. After all they know best whats good for their mod. Case closed.
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Singleplayer has the advantage of no seasonality. And a shared stash tool which is working great (it's not quite the same as PlugY shared stash but it works, provides an infinite storage space for your gear which you can't get on MP, you need to resort to clunky muling (although mules still can hold a large number of items, as the inventory space has been greatly expanded compared to Laz's versions of Median). I remember old Median where your inventory only had 60 slots, and the charms would take up majority of them. 2x2 scroll of kings, 2x2 legacy of blood etc.

The no seasonality thing is kinda one-sided though when it comes to item changes. Buffs do not appear, you have to re-farm the item eg. Starhawk received an orange mod adding elemental damage based on dex, a pretty good buff for this weapon (which is already focused on ele damage). But a nerf makes the item unusable, eg Shadowtwin had its veil king oskill changed, the old helmet doesn't have a working oskill at all (even though the change was just the skill level). In other cases the required level will increase to 600. Natalya's Deception changed from 42 to 55. If you were using that armor and had it maxed out on req level (this is intended way to use it!) then you'd end up with item that is likely above level 150, unusable. Yeah, nerfs don't nerf, they wreck the legacy item entirely.

Comon, if you can make retroactive nerfs, then make retroactive buffs as well ffs.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1443 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Conquest wrote:Singleplayer has the advantage of no seasonality. And a shared stash tool which is working great (it's not quite the same as PlugY shared stash but it works, provides an infinite storage space for your gear which you can't get on MP, you need to resort to clunky muling (although mules still can hold a large number of items, as the inventory space has been greatly expanded compared to Laz's versions of Median). I remember old Median where your inventory only had 60 slots, and the charms would take up majority of them. 2x2 scroll of kings, 2x2 legacy of blood etc.

The no seasonality thing is kinda one-sided though when it comes to item changes. Buffs do not appear, you have to re-farm the item eg. Starhawk received an orange mod adding elemental damage based on dex, a pretty good buff for this weapon (which is already focused on ele damage). But a nerf makes the item unusable, eg Shadowtwin had its veil king oskill changed, the old helmet doesn't have a working oskill at all (even though the change was just the skill level). In other cases the required level will increase to 600. Natalya's Deception changed from 42 to 55. If you were using that armor and had it maxed out on req level (this is intended way to use it!) then you'd end up with item that is likely above level 150, unusable. Yeah, nerfs don't nerf, they wreck the legacy item entirely.

Comon, if you can make retroactive nerfs, then make retroactive buffs as well ffs.

Why do people look at only one side of a coin? The same things means you can keep nerfed items in its original state. For example, Legacy witchhunters hood with 20% str/dex, hellreach with 140 max dmg, hammerfist with 17-37 max dmg, or lets go back even further, the umo that gave up to 1% max all res on rings/amulets.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Or Akarat charm with a trophy ....
syllab
Jungle Hunter
27 | 5
Just adding my vote to the /players X command support. I have no idea why it was removed in the first place. Next patch: manually pick up gold again. Maybe not a perfect analogy but hey .. removing functionality for what?
Gorakil
Sasquatch
61 | 0
Players x ? What about this Image?
I have no idea why do they care wtf am i doing in sp.