Why Players X command is disabled in SP?

Discuss Median XL!
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
They don't care what you do in SP, but keep it off of the forums ffs.
Gorakil
Sasquatch
61 | 0
notforkeeps wrote:They don't care what you do in SP, but keep it off of the forums ffs.

no=)
Arionic
Abomination
147 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Gorakil wrote:Players x ? What about this Image?
I have no idea why do they care wtf am i doing in sp.

New seasons mean new items, which means new builds to test. Trading items freely in SP and testing builds in SP means that you aren't doing it in multiplayer. You aren't farming for or spending $$ on TG and supporting the game.

I don't have time to farm stuff. I barely have time to play. I usually spend 30$ a season on TG when I play that season. I learned the hard way during Sigma season 1 that testing builds online is a ridiculous waste of money and time. I made 6 different characters hit 120 just to test the best build using the Hammer of Johlm before I found out it was broken. I work and have the cash, but i've also made sure that I have everything I will ever need in SP just in case I get some crazy build idea, and can easily find the new items pretty quick.

Even builds that aren't new each season can be easier to test. The players x command would make things drop a bit more.

to the OP, if you really want players 8, find a way to get 8 characters into hell. Host a local tcp/ip game on one copy of diablo 2. Download sandboxie and once it is installed, right click your d2 Icon and click "run sandboxed" - do this 7 more times. You can join your own tcp/ip game and have 8 characters in one game.

Since Sandboxie isn't a modification and used by people in MP, it's fine.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
You don't need sandboxie or any other third party program to open then game 8 or more times from the same pc
Arionic
Abomination
147 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
ChuckNoRis wrote:You don't need sandboxie or any other third party program to open then game 8 or more times from the same pc

You "shouldn't" need it.
I do, otherwise I always get the "you can't open more than one copy of diablo 2" error. I've seen a number of people report this as well.
Gorakil
Sasquatch
61 | 0
Arionic wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:You don't need sandboxie or any other third party program to open then game 8 or more times from the same pc

You "shouldn't" need it.
I do, otherwise I always get the "you can't open more than one copy of diablo 2" error. I've seen a number of people report this as well.

works fine for me. You need to start it with game.exe not launcher though.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Gorakil wrote:works fine for me. You need to start it with game.exe not launcher though.
yes, that's how it's done . you may also lan 2x via launcher and 6x via game.exe for the total of 8

Arionic wrote: I've seen a number of people report this as well.
i am sure they are new around here