Dungeon Lockout

Discuss Median XL!
xMudkips
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
Dungeons should unlock upon the boss kill.

I just killed Bartuc, then went to grab my charm and died from literally nothing, and could not take my portal back in to obtain what was rightfully mine. So now I have to waste more time making my way to the dungeon, and fighting him again in hopes I don't get screwed over again.
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Now imagine how crappy it'd be if you died after an actual uber... cough... Laz... cough

Based on a true story
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Bartuc is actually an uber and not the easiest one. Would like to see every uber get a lockout or some sort of better reward system for deathless boss kill.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
xMudkips wrote:Dungeons should unlock upon the boss kill.

I just killed Bartuc, then went to grab my charm and died from literally nothing, and could not take my portal back in to obtain what was rightfully mine. So now I have to waste more time making my way to the dungeon, and fighting him again in hopes I don't get screwed over again.

You died to the uber's mechanic, not to nothing. When a blood golem dies, it places a trap that explodes after like 2 seconds. When you kill bartuc, all the golems die, so all of them will leave a bomb on the ground and explode at the same time. Grab the charm fast or stack max fire res and go for 90.
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Istaryu wrote:
xMudkips wrote:Dungeons should unlock upon the boss kill.

You died to the uber's mechanic, not to nothing. When a blood golem dies, it places a trap that explodes after like 2 seconds. When you kill bartuc, all the golems die, so all of them will leave a bomb on the ground and explode at the same time. Grab the charm fast or stack max fire res and go for 90.

Pretty much this. The uber folds to perfect bloodstones.
xMudkips
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
It's nothing if I can't see it, so unless they want to update that mechanic visually, I died to nothing and I think that's a fair statement.

Really felt cheaped out of my time is all, I don't play HC because I'm just not that great of a player, and I don't mind dying to a mechanic I can see/understand and play for later without outside help.
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
I think there might be a bug where specific effects become invisible, but it happens very rarely. I've died the same way before from Bartuc (in high teir labs), invisible novas during the Yshari boss, and also from Laz (possibly invisible deathstrike?). If you are playing on TSW, it might also be lag. Either way, it sucks! But with the bloodstone strat it shouldn't be so bad to do another run.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
xMudkips wrote:It's nothing if I can't see it, so unless they want to update that mechanic visually, I died to nothing and I think that's a fair statement.

But it's not invisible, it looks like a chest.
xMudkips
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
Marco wrote:
xMudkips wrote:It's nothing if I can't see it, so unless they want to update that mechanic visually, I died to nothing and I think that's a fair statement.

But it's not invisible, it looks like a chest.

There was no chest. So it was either a big or some nasty desync.
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions

Really felt cheaped out of my time is all, I don't play HC because I'm just not that great of a player, and I don't mind dying to a mechanic I can see/understand and play for later without outside help.

I've had this issue only when there is a bigger space. I was fighting the unstable anomaly in the labyrinths. I wanted to avoid some attack and ran away from the anomaly, then quickly came back to attack again, after which I just died to something that is not rendered on my screen. But I find this acceptable, because it does not happen so often.

The area of bartuc is pretty small and this cannot happen, unless you leave the area and quickly enter again. Here we speak about something really different. You were once in the area, the spells were cast or were to be cast shortly. You leave as to "avoid" the attack, but the spell is still casted and is just not rendered. While it's not rendered, it's not really unexpected that you will take that damage. You can consider that this is a way of the game to tell you that you require resistances or a big amount of hp. When you come to later ubers, you'll need exactly that. This is a more gradual curve. I thus think that you are not right to expect it to be any other way. So get geared and play the game.

In my case I cannot expect that this will happen, as there is no indication that such spell is ever casted. As I already said it, I do not really care about it, as it does not happen often and can also be avoided easily.