Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
kamird wrote:I've been away from d2 and mxl for a year or so(not sure how long to be honest), and i'm curious about Sigma, cause i remember looking forward to it, but i can't see even a mention of it in the Forums anymore? Can someone explain what happened? Did it fail so hard that the mere mention of it is now considered a Taboo? Or was it something else?

Sigma is the best version we've ever had. Nothing close to "failed and considered taboo". It is interesting that it is mentioned almost nowhere, but sigma has already had several patches and will continue to be improved. I don't know if Marco has ever said it will be a standalone game, I remember something about making a new engine, which happened.
revolut1oN
Lava Lord
94 | 2
kamird wrote:
Pub wrote:You thought a mod would be a stand alone game?

please read lol, i've played median before, let alone d2. I guess you're one of the peeps who's looking for conflict. Well bad news for you, i don't involve myself with petty people like that. Find someone who's willing to take up a pointless keyboard fight with you, because i'm not dealing with you boy.

Are you some kind of lunatic or troll? They guy responded in a polite manner, only asking you to clarify what do you mean. I don't get it either, current version (as the big headline in download section says) is Sigma.

Seriously, what the heck.
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ILoseControl wrote:
kamird wrote:Sigma is the best version we've ever had.

I don't believe so. I kind of don't like the direction Sigma is taking; with nerfing oskills and creativity of builds to the grave.
Krusha
Destroyer
7 | 0
mess with your gilde settings to set the colors how you want them

and take it easy you seem really defensive for no reason :shock:

this mod is easily the best there is for d2
kamird
Acid Prince
48 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
revolut1oN wrote:Seriously, what the heck.

back to you. He was not polite, he didn't even read. Just like you.
I got a solution for both of you, you two are clearly asking for a keyboard fight, go have at it between you two.
And leave others out of your childish bs. Thanks.
kamird
Acid Prince
48 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Ekital wrote:
ILoseControl wrote:

I don't believe so. I kind of don't like the direction Sigma is taking; with nerfing oskills and creativity of builds to the grave.

I'm kind of inclining to agree with it, so far playing trough and going trough the leveling, i keep noticing a lot of unpleasant things. UI is the biggest problem, healthbar is a annoying, it doesn't show the potion charge. Kurast got reverted to find the 3 organs waste of time-quest. And i get the feel that i'll see a bunch more unpleasant things.

But it's not only negatives though, i like the gold pickup system and that there are designated keys for open map and /nopickup and you no longer need to identify stuff. At first the fact that stuff didn't sell for gold was a little annoying since i got spoiled by crafting honorific gearset at act 1, but after playing for some while i see it as a massive plus, first of all the early leveling stage is a lot more interesting since you're not in perma god-mode and you don't have to pick up every useless piece of trash item to sell it for gold. Hell you don't need to pick up anything really except runes and select few items.
So i hope the good will overwheight the bad. But it's too early to judge.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Oh no, you have to do the main quest how its supposed to be, with included map reveal, which takes like 10min at most, so unpleasant.

When i first saw the name of the thread, i thought this is gonna be a rant thread, how bad it evolved to be. And here we are...
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Ekital wrote:
ILoseControl wrote:

Balancing is a huge issue for sure. However, I believe we are ultimately going in a positive direction with the goal to bring characters to relatively the same level. I can't agree with you.
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Well 99% of procs and oskills are useless and 1% of the community can do the content released past 2 years so I wouldnt quite call it the best patch ever. Sure it's moving in the right direction in some regards but that's pretty much it. Dont get me wrong I like sigma, but it's basically hardmode ultimative with less viable builds and prettier looks
Taem
Necrobot
2474 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
kamird wrote:
revolut1oN wrote:Seriously, what the heck.

back to you. He was not polite, he didn't even read. Just like you.
I got a solution for both of you, you two are clearly asking for a keyboard fight, go have at it between you two.
And leave others out of your childish bs. Thanks.

You're jumping to extreme assumptions based on your presumptive understanding of the posters intent, which is a fallacy in texting as most everyone knows. Furthermore, you are not helping the situation with your clearly hostile overtones and aggressive posturing. From my POV as an outsider, neither of the posters you assailed were being rude or condensing, while your response, on the other hand, most definitely could be viewed as such.