Weird question About the Past ( probably only mods can answer )

Discuss Median XL!
tempmail
Cog
204 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
In Median xl 1.Z9 there was a Paladin skill called Sovereignty ( gave extra damage per hit and minus enemy defense ). Then one patch later the skill was immediately removed. I was really curious why it was removed? Was it considered op?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
it was considered worthless , and was replaced with blessed life , that still exists today , for obvious reasons

the paladin had enough damage already , but was missing a passive to boost the safety of all builds
Edited by ChuckNoRis 4 years.
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
If the minus enemy defense part stacked with itself per hit, then that's probably why. One or more items with this modifier were changed because it nullified the need for AR. I'm not 100% sure though but it might be why.
tempmail
Cog
204 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
ChuckNoRis wrote:it was considered worthless , and was replaced with blessed life , that still exists today , for obvious reasons

the paladin had enough damage already , but was missing a passive to boost the safety of all builds

Actually Paladin already had Blessed Life ( lvl 24 skill ). Sovereignty was replaced by Colosseum. Still thanks for the answer.
tempmail
Cog
204 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Also I'm curious, were any holy melee paladin skills ( retaliate, hammer strike ) considered multi hitting ? If so then maybe that's why Sovereignty got removed? Also I would be curious to know if Sovereignty synergised with Doom? Extra damage per hit from Doom and Sovereignty would have probably made a powerful combo.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
tempmail wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:it was considered worthless , and was replaced with blessed life , that still exists today , for obvious reasons

Actually Paladin already had Blessed Life ( lvl 24 skill ). Sovereignty was replaced by Colosseum. Still thanks for the answer.
as i said , the paladins were missing a passive to boost all builds. Blessed life was holy only , so it was moved to req. level 90 so that the unholy can access it too

tempmail wrote:Also I'm curious, were any holy melee paladin skills ( retaliate, hammer strike ) considered multi hitting ? If so then maybe that's why Sovereignty got removed? Also I would be curious to know if Sovereignty synergised with Doom? Extra damage per hit from Doom and Sovereignty would have probably made a powerful combo.
doom could only be abused with ttad . Sovereignity did not do that, it applied to the normal hits , it did not create a missile to deal aditional damage . and no , the holy skills did not multihit . it was not the case of the removal
tempmail
Cog
204 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
ChuckNoRis wrote:
tempmail wrote:

as i said , the paladins were missing a passive to boost all builds. Blessed life was holy only , so it was moved to req. level 90 so that the unholy can access it too

tempmail wrote:Also I'm curious, were any holy melee paladin skills ( retaliate, hammer strike ) considered multi hitting ? If so then maybe that's why Sovereignty got removed? Also I would be curious to know if Sovereignty synergised with Doom? Extra damage per hit from Doom and Sovereignty would have probably made a powerful combo.
doom could only be abused with ttad . Sovereignity did not do that, it applied to the normal hits , it did not create a missile to deal aditional damage . and no , the holy skills did not multihit . it was not the case of the removal

Oh I see, so in essence Sovereignty was removed simply because it was a bad skill then. Thanks for the answer:)
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
And then, we are in 2020 with Sigma 1.4 and still so many bad oskills exist. And so many bad mods spawn on rare/crafted items. Specifically designed to make you grind those shrines ad nauseaum or cough up tg so someone will grind them for you.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Conquest wrote:And then, we are in 2020 with Sigma 1.4
maby it's just me , but so far i am looking at it as if it is some sort of a continuous public beta test , from release until today , as there are bugs and issues reported quite often , with broken things released and then quickly removed or drastically nerfed in hotfix patches . we might need a couple of years more for it to be polished properly

i see a lot of interest for adding more/new content , while imho balancing the current content is much more important .

places like the labs could have waited a bit and get some fixing done instead to the many skill trees and oskills out there that are suffering . but who am i to judge ?
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ChuckNoRis wrote:
Conquest wrote:And then, we are in 2020 with Sigma 1.4
maby it's just me , but so far i am looking at it as if it is some sort of a continuous public beta test , from release until today , as there are bugs and issues reported quite often , with broken things released and then quickly removed or drastically nerfed in hotfix patches . we might need a couple of years more for it to be polished properly

i see a lot of interest for adding more/new content , while imho balancing the current content is much more important .

places like the labs could have waited a bit and get some fixing done instead to the many skill trees and oskills out there that are suffering . but who am i to judge ?

You are Chuck-Fucking-Noris.