My Old TSW Characters deleted

Discuss Median XL!
EggyMedian
Vampiress
39 | 5
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Hey there all, First time back after an approx. 6 month hiatus.

My old Assassin "Different" (Lvl 141 IIRC, non-ladder) seems to be missing, was there some sort of character wipe that I am not aware of? Had a lot of good things on that character such as many COTW jewels and all charms.

Would like to know what happened to her.

Many thanks

~Eggy
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Multiplayer characters that have been sitting for 180 days without being played get automatically deleted.
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
EggyMedian
Vampiress
39 | 5
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
RequiemLux wrote:Multiplayer characters that have been sitting for 180 days without being played get automatically deleted.

That really sucks... Is there no way to bring it back? It was to my understanding that characters would be kept on forever.

Quoting from this old thread : viewtopic.php?t=4445

Rishab : "1. this 2017 patch was an exception where all chars were deleted bcz we introduced a new core, this will not happen again for many years to come. From next patch, ladder chars will just turn non-ladder and people can still play them."

Was there ever an announcement about this? and for sure I remember playing before the full 6 months had passed...
EggyMedian
Vampiress
39 | 5
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
EggyMedian wrote:
RequiemLux wrote:Multiplayer characters that have been sitting for 180 days without being played get automatically deleted.

That really sucks... Is there no way to bring it back? It was to my understanding that characters would be kept on forever.

Rishab : "1. this 2017 patch was an exception where all chars were deleted bcz we introduced a new core, this will not happen again for many years to come. From next patch, ladder chars will just turn non-ladder and people can still play them."

Was there ever an announcement about this? and for sure I remember playing before the full 6 months had passed...

And to add onto this I just checked my "Last active" status on the forums which was 4 months ago... so it hasn't even been 180 days and it was deleted??
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
EggyMedian wrote:That really sucks... Is there no way to bring it back? It was to my understanding that characters would be kept on forever.
And to add onto this I just checked my "Last active" status on the forums which was 4 months ago... so it hasn't even been 180 days and it was deleted??

You've misunderstood that post, what Rishab was referring to is the compatibility between the mod core and the save files of characters from previous versions, it has nothing to do with what concerns you. As for the time of deletion I remember it being 180 days of inactivity but could be less than that, not sure to be honest. The "Last active" status on the Forums has nothing to do with online charcters, you can play multiplayer without having to be logged on the Forum.
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
aahz
Team Member
494 | 287
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Median XL Team Member
It's been like this for more than 2 years (announced in MXL 1.2 Patch log)
anyway I felt like it and had some time so I recovered your char from the backup...
https://tsw.vn.cz - TSW realm stats (& Quests, NotArmory, HC chars)
frankie2020
Cultist
21 | 0
Same as me too like that
So sad to heard that ..

remeber 180 days thats ur lifes' time lol
EggyMedian
Vampiress
39 | 5
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
aahz wrote:It's been like this for more than 2 years (announced in MXL 1.2 Patch log)
anyway I felt like it and had some time so I recovered your char from the backup...

Hey there, back a couple of hours later and I am really thankful for what you did, however I have stumbled upon something rather... strange...

This is the image that comes up when I try to go into a game, assuming I might have something that was changed from a previous patch.

Again I am thankful for looking into it and recovering my account that I worked on, just wanting to show this funny little anomaly lol
Temptaz
Gravedigger
197 | 2
Nice of aahz to recover for you. I thought there was a wipe every season and lost my toons due to that
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I get the same error when log my old sorc.