Σ 1.5 Bugs&Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
Meddle
Vampiress
39 | 5
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
when playing barb i have FPS lag and increased CPU usage when facing uldy.

happens regardless of the number of edyrems on screen. i can be vs 0 edyrems and uldy on screen and lags like mad. i can be vs 30 edyrems and uldy is offscreen and no lag.

happens regardless of video mode. sound disabled.

only happens on my barb. exacerbated by having a stance active. only happens near uldy.

regular cpu usage is 2%-5%, but my CPU usage goes to 20% on barb upon entering the room and gets even higher while uldy is near

with extensive testing it seems that the lag only begins if i am both near uldy and playing my barbarian. once that has happened, removing myself from uldy's vicinity does not remove the lag. my cpu usage is 5-10x higher than normal and FPS is chugging. there is no lag until i go near him but once i do, removing myself from the area doesn't help at all. CPU usage remains in the 15-25% region even when i'm in another zone. leaving the game is the only way to end the lagfest.

edit: just noticed the power usage on task manager is strangely high

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

i'm sorry i couldn't be more decisive with my conditions but i am beyond confused. the only conditions seem to be that i'm playing my barb and that i'm vs uldy. i have tried with and without stances, with and without set bonuses, with every video mode and the results are the same. abnormally high CPU usage , very high power usage and low framerate. in 30 uldy kills, maybe two or three have been without lag for any length of time.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
You should post your skill plan and item build as well, otherwise this information is kinda useless unless you have exactly the same issue with barb while doing this fight completely naked and with no skills distributed.
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
The Proc Gift of inner fire on
Berserrker
Berserrker
Backsword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (130 - 144) to (138 - 153)
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 526
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
1% Chance to cast level 2 Gift of Inner Fire on Striking
+(2 to 3) to All Skills
+(18 to 24)% Bonus Damage to Bloodlust
+(18 to 24)% Bonus Damage to Mark of the Wild
60% Attack Speed
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
+1 to Bloodlust
+1 to Gift of the Wild
Socketed (3)
interrupts the attack animation. Not a major thing but kinda annoying.
suchbalance
Team Member
1757 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Meddle wrote: abnormally high CPU usage , very high power usage and low framerate. in 30 uldy kills, maybe two or three have been without lag for any length of time.

I tested with your setup and I'm not getting any exceptionally high lag compared to normal Glide usage. 20-25% on the main thread, when some other places spike to 35% - like Andariel's room, which is one of the biggest laggers usually. I've a reasonably old ryzen 1600 @ 3.8 GHz on this machine.

Two suggestions for you:
1) Delete the glide3x.dll in your d2 folder, then run the game under direct draw mode (without the launcher)
2) Sometimes windows can assign D2 to a virtual thread, which is less performant than a physical one. You can open task manager while the game is running, details tab, right click on game.exe, Set affinity and untick all apart from Core 0

With both of these I did an uldy kill and thread usage never went above 7%.
Meddle
Vampiress
39 | 5
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
suchbalance wrote:2) Sometimes windows can assign D2 to a virtual thread, which is less performant than a physical one. You can open task manager while the game is running, details tab, right click on game.exe, Set affinity and untick all apart from Core 0

thank you very much for taking the time to help me with this (rare?) issue.
i'd like to reiterate that it was only an issue for my barbarian, for whatever that's worth.
i tried #2 and did a solo run with barb and immediately saw results. my framerate didn't drop a single frame below my glide settings even once.
i tried it again with my assassin clearing the path and my barb finishing it off. two instances of game.exe running. it worked flawlessly still.
i'm not sure what use the "delete glide.dll" and "run without launcher" steps are when using d2draw but #2 solved my issue so i won't be testing this.
thanks again for the help. please buff trophy drop rates on long fights :oops:

edit: nvm still experiencing some big fps slowdown in the odd game
Kurne
Stygian Watcher
42 | 3
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
whirlpool still bugs a good bit of the time. sometimes uses mana but doesn't show visuals nor does any damage. othertimes visuals still appear but mana usage doesn't go down nor does any damage. seems still has some problems :( tested with tu hard leather armor and spearazon
lobox
Skeleton
2 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Trap Assassin Feedback.

I would like to talk about Traps Skills (end game) I played a Big trapsin 2 seasons ago, I managed to get Best in slots possible and push the character to the limit. Unfortunately, after asking around and read the patch, there is no balance/change for the trapsin. Trapsin is doing well early and mid game until level 141. To be able to push beyond 141 you need an insane amount of end game items and umo's.

We talk about 10-20k TG of rare umo's and ssu early on with constantly trading and sniping them, a lot of work to be able to push a little further the character to replace the Vizjun set ( you can't change the set until you have almost everything, otherwise you downgrade.. That being said, there is not enough items early/mid game to gear more than 1 or 2 competitive trapsin.

My point is, even with all best in slots + umo's you can't kill Phoeboss after t14, you still need 20-30 min to kill Phoeboss in t11-t13. The single target is too low, don't get me wrong her survability is decent ( even if the Barb in t15 1 shot me ) but this is not the issue. The issue is the low dmg which make every fight difficult. Imagine fighting Phoeboss for 30 min when a Pally with worst items can do it in 5 mins. ( exemple )

Survability : Great
Aoe Dmg : Good
Single Target : single target dmg is pretty bad

My Suggestion for next season : shockwave dmg needs a buff / balance high level scaling.

Sorry about the grammar, english is my second language.
Ywinel
Pit Knight
108 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
It may be not current patch feedback but rather overall:

1) Some parts of levelling process are too quick. Mostly 110-120, just getting charms and farming few areas aside gives more than needed, It happened to me to get lvl for next dungs without getting all current charms.

2) Item drop in multiplayer is pretty bad. I know, i know, there must be some kind of balance but current situation is disrupting my thoughts. Lack of luck is pretty disappointing and mf being core element of your build makes it worse. It feels like forcing you to go building around mf, not around having fun. Drop rate is just affecting players' attitude and makes too big pressure on play style.
When mf is standard and everyone has 200-300 of it then it's like nobody having mf, except the newbie players of course, they are hopeless :D . In my opinion magic find deserves nerf and monsters drops should be buffed.( that is all about multiplayer of course, singleplayer is fine).

3) Muling (: . I know it's not so easy to just fix plugy but it doesn't change the fact that one of the most demotivating things in this mod occurs right when you just join game and see that whole inventory and stash are completely full. In addition, muling process is so dull that it exhausts me completely. I'm giving up on multiplayer rather quickly and it's one of the main reasons.

I dare to say that in current state singleplayer is better than multiplayer. You have offline tools at least, even if it's separate app it saves you from pain. Drop is fine and there is no latency - damn this one is a beautiful thing :) . Switching to singleplayer doesn't change the way you play too much. People in multiplayer usually farm solo and fight bosses alone too. Multiplayer role is rather trading, levelling and using party drop boost(maybe not necessarily equivalent to "farming together" ^^ )
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1444 | 59
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Ywinel wrote:It may be not current patch feedback but rather overall:

1) Some parts of levelling process are too quick. Mostly 110-120, just getting charms and farming few areas aside gives more than needed, It happened to me to get lvl for next dungs without getting all current charms.

2) Item drop in multiplayer is pretty bad. I know, i know, there must be some kind of balance but current situation is disrupting my thoughts. Lack of luck is pretty disappointing and mf being core element of your build makes it worse. It feels like forcing you to go building around mf, not around having fun. Drop rate is just affecting players' attitude and makes too big pressure on play style.
When mf is standard and everyone has 200-300 of it then it's like nobody having mf, except the newbie players of course, they are hopeless :D . In my opinion magic find deserves nerf and monsters drops should be buffed.( that is all about multiplayer of course, singleplayer is fine).

3) Muling (: . I know it's not so easy to just fix plugy but it doesn't change the fact that one of the most demotivating things in this mod occurs right when you just join game and see that whole inventory and stash are completely full. In addition, muling process is so dull that it exhausts me completely. I'm giving up on multiplayer rather quickly and it's one of the main reasons.

I dare to say that in current state singleplayer is better than multiplayer. You have offline tools at least, even if it's separate app it saves you from pain. Drop is fine and there is no latency - damn this one is a beautiful thing :) . Switching to singleplayer doesn't change the way you play too much. People in multiplayer usually farm solo and fight bosses alone too. Multiplayer role is rather trading, levelling and using party drop boost(maybe not necessarily equivalent to "farming together" ^^ )

1, I dont understand how that happens. Maybe you farmed more instead of going for charms, not the leveling process' fault.
2, That is why you have hundreds of people to trade with.
3, PlugY, or more specifically, stash tabs are single player only, it never worked on any realm ever due to limitations of the game's engine. You have to mule in single player too, unless you use offline tools.

Good luck finding specific items in single player without farming for weeks/months.
LOKI666
Abomination
146 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
The bug in Lab 12 Navi or others are teleporting to strange place outside the map. Now i know where to look but first time took me 20min to find him. :D