ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Istaryu wrote:
Ywinel wrote:1) Some parts of levelling process are too quick. Mostly 110-120, just getting charms and farming few areas aside gives more than needed, It happened to me to get lvl for next dungs without getting all current charms.

1, I dont understand how that happens. Maybe you farmed more instead of going for charms, not the leveling process' fault.

Well, it seems you haven't played many characters that hit a brick wall somwhere in early ubers. I already had it happen a few times, where I had to farm an area because I was barely able to manage that, but couldn't progress further. Sometimes you just need that one item to really improve your build, but you just can't find it due to RNG. Or maybe you're farming nilathak early on because you need at least 100 more stat points. In both cases this can rapidly happen, where you outlevel the next level stage.

For example it once happened to me when I was farming Teganze on my SMG sin for a XIS rune. Suddenly I was level 125 but I didn't even do any other 120 ubers because I simply couldn't do them without that rune. It also happened a few times earlier with other builds.

But, I agree with you, istaryu. I don't think the leveling is broken. It's much rather a balance issue since some rare and bad builds really struggle a lot even in the early ubers. In addition to that I don't think it's that much of an issue in general. Leveling a bit more isn't a hinderance. In contrast, it even improves your character. And isn't it nice to see your character progress steadily even if you can't find the item you need?
shrimp
Daystar
693 | 14
i have issue whit wildfire on bear dudu cuz sometime effective = 0 . i hit and fire dmg not harm monsters.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
LOKI666 wrote:The bug in Lab 12 Navi or others are teleporting to strange place outside the map. Now i know where to look but first time took me 20min to find him. :D

Yeah, still remember my first time knowing about this is when I killed Navi and looking nowhere for the dropped riftstone for 10 mins.....
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
TL;DR: Pinnacle snapshots, but that's a huge understatement.

Long Verson: Pinnacle only registers the initial cast of the buff. After buffing, you can adjust the total skill level, cast it again and the EF bonus from Pinnacle won't change.

I start with zero EF:

Then cast level 45 Pinnacle:

Then I put on gear with +skills and cast level 74 Pinnacle:
(notice that some other stats changed when I refreshed d2stats but EF did not.)

I also tried the reverse ie. cast at high level -> drop all gear -> recast, and EF did not change. Moreover, the 750s duration of Pinnacle cannot be extended by recasting it. Wasn't sure if this is a bug, but as of now, if you accidentally buff with low +sk gear, you can't just switch to your buff gear to recast it. You either have to wait, or die, or make ng.
Edited by NotCube 3 years.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
NotCube wrote:...

I'm curious where did you test EF bonus from Pinnacle, was it SP or TSW? With all my respect to D2Stats it's not a panacea, it's much better than LCS for sure but you should never treat it as 100% reliable source.
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
SwineFlu wrote:I'm curious where did you test EF bonus from Pinnacle, was it SP or TSW? With all my respect to D2Stats it's not a panacea, it's much better than LCS for sure but you should never treat it as 100% reliable source.

This was in SP.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Nah.... Pinnacle (as was Tiefling before) can't be "re-applied" after some patch (guess it's specially to prevent pre-buff cheese). At some patch re-casting it were working as turning off and now it's just doing nothing.. maybe only refresh duration but not sure even with this.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
NotCube wrote:
SwineFlu wrote:I'm curious where did you test EF bonus from Pinnacle, was it SP or TSW? With all my respect to D2Stats it's not a panacea, it's much better than LCS for sure but you should never treat it as 100% reliable source.

This was in SP.

Not sure whether it's intentional or not but the state which is applied by this skill doesn't belong to a distinct group and that's the reason why you can't turn it off without dying. It's based on vanilla druid shapeshifting skills hence why each state (morph) should have a proper group assigned to it, otherwise it's not gonna end well. Apart from the obvious (shapeshifting) application this kind of skills can be utilized in different way: Ecstatic Frenzy, Demonic Speed, Baneblade - none of these skills lack the ability to be disabled at your own will, I have no idea why Pinnacle is an exception from this rule.

Edit: fixed the actual (technical) reason.
Acry
Pit Knight
109 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Forewarning: I'm not the best player or anything so maybe someone has some op idea with this amulet besides MOing exp and lucky, but here's my take

Jerhyn's Tawiz
Jerhyn's Tawiz
Amulet

Item Level: 1
+(12 to 15)% Damage to Demons
+50 Life Regenerated per Second
+6% to Experience Gained
Is a cool item in theory, but the rarity is so out of place that it doesn't seem useful by the time you might get one (I didn't get one until well in multi lv.140 chars, and nearly every other SU Ring/Amulet) It has a crazy amount of MO room and could be pretty rewarding to a newer character starting out if you farmed gold and MO'd it up. Unfortunately, due to it's rarity that'll never happen unless I'm just unlucky. So the best thing to do is just use it to twink a new character if you have the gold to do once you eventually get one.. but it's alternatives are pretty hard to pass up. I'd suggest lowering the rarity significantly on this amulet maybe? Unless someone like I said has a crazy idea for it.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
SwineFlu wrote:
NotCube wrote:

This was in SP.

Not sure whether it's intentional or not but the state which is applied by this skill doesn't belong to a distinct group and that's the reason why you can't turn it off without dying. It's based on vanilla druid shapeshifting skills hence why each state (morph) should have a proper group assigned to it, otherwise it's not gonna end well. Apart from the obvious (shapeshifting) application this kind of skills can be utilized in different way: Ecstatic Frenzy, Demonic Speed, Baneblade - none of these skills lack the ability to be disabled at your own will, I have no idea why Pinnacle is an exception from this rule.

Edit: fixed the actual (technical) reason.

frenzy can be turned on and off. i was always confused why superbeast was a morph that couldn't be turned off. Weirdly, you'd unmorph when changing acts (I think that's still a thing?) but idk if Pinnacle remains buffed when changing.