Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Early game use overkill, it is strongest with bad gear, and at that point you dont care about having maximum aoe.
You can easily farm 500 signets at nithlathak using overkill/
Nicolas72
Jungle Hunter
25 | 1
aerial wrote:Early game use overkill, it is strongest with bad gear, and at that point you dont care about having maximum aoe.

Just switched to overkill+wolf stance.
The lying character screen reports a lot less damage but,oh my, are bosses so much easier now.
Thanks for the advice.
Tedddy
Sasquatch
61 | 1
Nicolas72 wrote:
aerial wrote:Early game use overkill, it is strongest with bad gear, and at that point you dont care about having maximum aoe.

The lying character screen reports a lot less damage but,oh my, are bosses so much easier now.
Thanks for the advice.

Your killing them with the crushing blow now, the last 15% will be slow though
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Nicolas72 wrote:

Thanks for the advice.

for next time also consider a merc - a1 priestess or bloodmage are both good vs bosses
edit: actually meant to say ranger, not priestess
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Marco wrote:
Nicolas72 wrote:

Thanks for the advice.

for next time also consider a merc - a1 priestess or bloodmage are both good vs bosses

Bloodmage is ok, though Necrolyte Hailstorm will EASILY outdps him in every case. A1 Priestess, if you can even keep the bitch alive, seems to have more AoE based skills. I would recommend Ranger over Priestess in every case if you need the dps.
kij
Jungle Hunter
28 | 1
Nicolas72 wrote:Always wanted to try a throw barb..currently I am stuck in Act4 Dest. Stampede does not really bother Diablo. His spawns do drop like flies tho.
Using a crafted balanced axe with decent damage (decent for me at least 380max throw)
Truce,Erewan,Invictus,Feather gloves and some abandoned crafted boots.
I've tried for single targets but it just does not get the job done in any decent amount of time. Duriel was even worse lol.
With wolves I have 156k def and my ar is around 26k.
Been switching between snake and wolf as well as kraken but the difference is negligable.
This either means that a throwbarb is only really viable with rather high end gear or he is more for area clearing than boss fights.
I dont even want to imagine how baal would be alike if I ever get there lol.

With truce rw, erawan, invictus, crafted helm gloves boots and balanced axe (438 damage after jah`s, blessing and mo`s with shower of rocks proc) socketed everything with lah runes i have max block, 98k ar (13 points in stamped and maxed wolf), 10k hp and 300k def with wolves. With a switch crafted sword using stormblast and a bloodmage merc allowed me to finish destruction with no problem. Currently farming TA with ease as I am looking to get more sigs before trying harder ubers.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Good part about bloodmage is, they are easy to gear, just some simple pierce crafts with energy sockets. One teleport when struck item, like circlet rw, and they can't die. Unlike other mercs they cast spell that heals them to full hp (and you if you stand near them). Otherwise there would be better damage/aoe mercs, but it is harder to keep them alive.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
aerial wrote:But overall barb is fun class, there is lot of flexibility in skill tress, you can keep trying slightly different variants of builds. I have a lot of fun with it, nice playground if you like switching builds.

This!

Never been a huge fan of barbs but this season it was my first char. He just soared through acts until Terror Act 4-5 I started to have problems with killing power, my merc (Priestess) seemed to do the most of the killing.

Now that I have moved to SP I've been abusing offline tools like crazy and tried various builds. Seems to me that the most easy/least item depentant way to get to Dest end and easy/medium charms is a summoner/throw hybrid. Maybe kinda lame as it's essentially a summoner with you as an axe thrower from behind. I myself maxed Runemaster (needed the def, later GD), Shamanic Trance, Protector Spirit, Spirit Guide and Wolf Stance, one pointer Iceburst/Thunder Slam and a few points to Immortal and Stampede, merc was a1 priestess but any of a3 mercs would propably have been better since I maxed Protector...
Of course when you have some nice sacred bases, shrines and signets under your belt it's time to ditch the summons and go full-on Stampede -mode.

Barb has so freaking many good skills and especially passives so Marco if you don't mind in the next patch could you raise the skill signet cap to 500?
Ntf1015
Gravedigger
183 | 0
Is there a suggested point where going throwing would be beneficial or can i start off going straight into the tree?
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
I did test fal xis barb helm. Those fhr/fbr/frw boosts are nice, not gonna lie, but you lose quite alot of psn damage, which feels bad. It looks like gg helm for wolf stance spec, but for snake one auhe seems way better. 280 fbr breakpoint is gg though, so its time to craft mf jewels with it, I guess :D