Throw Barb 2017?

Discuss Median XL!
Tedddy
Sasquatch
61 | 1
mahitovec wrote:
Tedddy wrote:Do you guys think you should max overkill if you are using it? Or are the points better placed else where

Theres zero reasons to use overkill this patch. Just use stampede. If you really want to go overkill, sure, you will need some hard points into overkill, otherwise your AOE going to be a joke. Do not max it though, just ~10-15 points. Problem of overkill is that it deals awful damage to targets in melee range and it is simply worse than 1 point stampede.

Could u post your skill layout, I tried stampede and it doesn't do enough damage. I'm clearing Dcows and most Uber's in seconds with overkill right now. With stampede it took me 1 min to just kill TA preistess
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
use iceburst to kill single targets
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
@Tedddy Check out this video please, Im showing gear and skillpan in there:
► Show Spoiler
Tedddy
Sasquatch
61 | 1
Thank you
neonsol
Imp
5 | 0
Tedddy wrote:
mahitovec wrote:
Tedddy wrote:Do you guys think you should max overkill if you are using it? Or are the points better placed else where

Theres zero reasons to use overkill this patch. Just use stampede. If you really want to go overkill, sure, you will need some hard points into overkill, otherwise your AOE going to be a joke. Do not max it though, just ~10-15 points. Problem of overkill is that it deals awful damage to targets in melee range and it is simply worse than 1 point stampede.

Could u post your skill layout, I tried stampede and it doesn't do enough damage. I'm clearing Dcows and most Uber's in seconds with overkill right now. With stampede it took me 1 min to just kill TA preistess

I had the same experience, where stampede doesn't really do that much damage compared to overkill. Probably needs more + skill.
HohoHaha
Pit Knight
106 | 10
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
How would you skill a throw barb using snake stance? I find that between daedalus and spirit guide I don't have many points left to put in eagle stance for synergy, or if it is necessary at all.
loc89
Cultist
23 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
So what shrines are you using for you crafted gear then... is it quiet shrines or Dex shrines?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
HohoHaha wrote:How would you skill a throw barb using snake stance? I find that between daedalus and spirit guide I don't have many points left to put in eagle stance for synergy, or if it is necessary at all.

0 daedalus, or 1pt, if you going for dual wield with sword offhand for whirlwind, to run duncraig (works better than shield version).
Otherwise there is not enough points for daedalus.
This skill has increasing returns, so either max it or don't put points in it.

Normally I'd max snake+eagle, block passive (for deadly strike), and then as much as possible in spirit guide, 10 into wolves (for 3 of them).
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
aerial, how much def you have with this setup?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Over 300k with shield and block.
But for duncraig sword offhand is better, and runemaster. Then you hit over 1mil no prob.
Low hp is bit of an issue, you also dont have 50% DR, but it is still enough there.
Only prob are those silly small rooms, 3s teleport not enough.
I was considering even carrying blink oskill item on switch, to specifically use blink in those rooms, so you stun these guys before they can throw. Only for those teleports.