Throw Barb 2017?

Discuss Median XL!
Ntf1015
Gravedigger
183 | 0
In early game, what should my gear be mo'd and socketed with?
Im currently using tu balanced axe, tu tiara, tu splint mail, tu chain gloves, tu heavy belt, tu gilded shield and honorific boots. Rings are crap mo'd with resistance and ammy is crap with +1 to all skills. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Just beat baal and about to go into terror. Thanks in advance
pokiedude
Cultist
22 | 0
L H wrote:
pokiedude wrote:any of you guys encounter a bug where throw skills aren't usable? i can overkill just fine but when i try to use any others, the projectile doesn't move. I know its an active projectile because i can kite enemies into it and they take damage. It just sits where I was standing when I threw it.

You're using Lightning Arena

aww man! I love lightning arena... does it stop all projectiles? or just bug out throw skills.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
pokiedude wrote:
L H wrote:
pokiedude wrote:any of you guys encounter a bug where throw skills aren't usable? i can overkill just fine but when i try to use any others, the projectile doesn't move. I know its an active projectile because i can kite enemies into it and they take damage. It just sits where I was standing when I threw it.

You're using Lightning Arena

aww man! I love lightning arena... does it stop all projectiles? or just bug out throw skills.

It's a known bug with barb throwing skills while LA is active.
Shade
|
Is there some knack / method for doing the Butcher? I can't find a way to get him onto the pentagram thing without teleport. Or do I need to wait until I get a teleport charm before I can do BR Challenge?

Actually it's not easy staying alive without summoning constantly - then once a pentagram appears... he's attacking them not following me. I tried summoning 1 at a time but that always leads to death since sooner or later he spots me and ignores anything I summon after he's got me in his sights. :(

EDIT Also the TA part killing 2 priestesses within 30 seconds without teleport will be hard?
I tried Terror Fauzt and he seemed to take a lot of damage but he was only about level 100 at the time and wasn't able to use Stampede yet, maybe I'll go try that again now I'm about to hit 120 and Stampede works well. Any tips would be much appreciated.
Edited by Shade 6 years.
ZeroForte
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
Shade wrote:Is there some knack / method for doing the Butcher? I can't find a way to get him onto the pentagram thing without teleport. Or do I need to wait until I get a teleport charm before I can do BR Challenge?

Actually it's not easy staying alive without summoning constantly - then once a pentagram appears... he's attacking them not following me. I tried summoning 1 at a time but that always leads to death since sooner or later he spots me and ignores anything I summon after he's got me in his sights. :(

You can get teleport (blink) in
Pax Mystica
Pax Mystica
Staves

'Tir'
Runeword Level: 10
+1 to All Skills
+7% to Spell Damage
+(2 to 5) to Blink
Elemental Resists +(11 to 15)%
(11 to 13)% Magic Find
runeword. Very easy to get.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
get judgement day charm, use Edyrems. they die fairly easy, room usually gets covered with pentagrams when i use them and are summoned fast enough, but ofc you can use any summon as long as they arent too tanky. i just prefer Edyrems because they always made my life easier there.
Shade
|
ZeroForte wrote:You can get teleport (blink) in
Pax Mystica
Pax Mystica
Staves

'Tir'
+1 to All Skills
+7% to Spell Damage
+(2 to 5) to Blink
(11 to 13)% Magic Find
Yes thanks for the thought - I should have mentioned it but I did try that but it didn't seem to work because:

1. The time to switch weapons seemed too long (the pentagram isn't there very long) and

2. You have to keep teleporting to stop any minions rushing towards him so he ends up fighting them before he gets to the circle. With only 20 charges you don't get many goes at this.

Maybe it's my lack of co-ordination :(
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Shade wrote:
ZeroForte wrote:You can get teleport (blink) in
Pax Mystica
Pax Mystica
Staves

'Tir'
+1 to All Skills
+7% to Spell Damage
+(2 to 5) to Blink
(11 to 13)% Magic Find
Yes thanks for the thought - I should have mentioned it but I did try that but it didn't seem to work because:

1. The time to switch weapons seemed too long (the pentagram isn't there very long) and

2. You have to keep teleporting to stop any minions rushing towards him so he ends up fighting them before he gets to the circle. With only 20 charges you don't get many goes at this.

Maybe it's my lack of co-ordination :(

Only use 2-3 summons at a time, enough to get the pentagram.

Blink farther past it so he can be lured further towards the penta. Once he's in it, summon a few quickly on him to keep him busy inside it, then use your attacks.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
edit: ninja'd
Shade
|
Thanks guys, I'll persevere :) After all... I can have as many goes as I like and I only have to kill the little git once.

I was just worried that I was missing some cunning plan that everyone but me knew.