Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Necroglycerin wrote:Today I also found a Warrior*s Robe, maybe I*m going to play around a little with Ecstatic Frenzy

It can spawn on Crafted Barb Shields too.
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
L H wrote:
Necroglycerin wrote:Today I also found a Warrior*s Robe, maybe I*m going to play around a little with Ecstatic Frenzy

It can spawn on Crafted Barb Shields too.

Yeah I will try myself at a shield and other poison crafts tomorrow, still a lot to do for the barb
sweetzor
Skeleton
2 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
How much defence do you have with this skill tree? i tried it and imo the bonus from shamanic trance is not amazing, i prefer to use spirit guide instead for the extra defence bonus, have you tried? whats your reasoning for picking shamanic trance?

aerial wrote:"Final form" of "best" thrower spec I came up with, I think it is snake version.

Build: max snake + synergy, shamanic trance, block passive, 1pt: MK, immortal, thundergod, spirit walk. Rest of points into other summon tree skill, we don't have points to hit the cap of shamanic trance damage bonus, but we want as much as we can.
Use spirit walk for movement (duncraig), so there is no issue with sword requirements of WW.

Gear:
weapon: crafted axe with max damage, spikenova proc, other rolls that are good: +barb skills, poison pierce, you also want it to fit 30 level req worth of MO after reaching 200% ED. So you 20% DS from MO, and extra 10% DS from vizjun umo, for total 30%.
chest: sots or khazra (i prefere 2nd)
shield: shimmering craft (-10 base roll +16 from shrine+bless), or invictus
helm: fal xis for maxblock with 0 base dex, great speeds, or craft with -15 base res + craft mods, 3rd option auhe helm
gloves/belt/boots: poison pierce crafts, -31 max for gloves, 26 for belt, 16 for boots

you want -120 enemy poison resist
don't look at amatoxin oskill from auhe helm, it adds very little damage
Personally I prefere to lose -res from helm and chest (use khazra and xisfal there), and get the -res from crafted slots, since there is no really great uniques that we can put there, we would end up using just str/dex crafts in those slots, if we went for pierce helm and sots, which imo are just worse than khazra+fal.

Barb like this is tanky enough to farm all the hardest zones (don't need 50% DR), and you 1 shot all non poison immunes with stampede, while still rocking very solid phys damage, having crapload of ED from shamanic trance and those ~4-5k str. This is why there is no real problem of not using STR crafts in every crafted slot, it doesn't cost us much damage, relative to our total EWD.
+skills help a lot with snake damage, so it scales well with all charms and upgrades
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
sweetzor wrote:How much defence do you have with this skill tree? i tried it and imo the bonus from shamanic trance is not amazing, i prefer to use spirit guide instead for the extra defence bonus, have you tried? whats your reasoning for picking shamanic trance?

Do you have max block? His defense isn't such a big issue since he has max block in the setup.

The way he invests into Shamanic Trance and Spirit Tree (as I'm sure he's tired of explaining, since he's done it like 30 times now) is because you can get about 30-35% Enhanced Weapon Damage per hard point with 66 pts invested in the tree, putting you at the cap value of 2,000% EWD.
seelenstein
Stone Warrior
31 | 1
Is the cap value of 2k ewd all ewd together (+(included charm bonus) or is the cap only for this skill?
So I've 500 ewd without skill and with skill 2300 is it already above cap or can I've up to 2500 than? :)

Greets and thanks for all the knowledge here :)
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Btw you only need one UMO, because it really isn't worth to use 3, regular DS mo is fine, vizjun doesn't offer much more. It is just the way to go over cap for regular mo, because you can only use 5 normal ones (20%DS).
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Yeah I have to find one to start with :D

Btw, how did you guys deal with bosses with this spec? For example dest baal was pretty annoying because it took me a while to kill him although I was overgeared. It was not really a challenge, just boring. And Bear Claw or Rebound didnt seem to make that much of a difference
Sliwka
Pit Knight
109 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
The best I could have crafted with a ton of creepies http://i.imgur.com/K3hNqyj.jpg Personally I think
The Whistling Death
and
Triune's Blessing

Triune's Blessing
Barbarian Shields

'VenSilVenSil'
Runeword Level: 100
+(1 to 2) to Barbarian Skill Levels
1% Base Block Chance
Adds 10-15 Damage
250% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds 313-508 Poison Damage over 2 seconds
+10% to Poison Spell Damage
-30% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
Maximum Poison Resist +2%
are better. It's difiicult to reach -120 enemy ress only with crafts.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
You can't even make that shield, it doesn't work, you get all shields rw instead of barb only.
Unique axe is terrible, physical damage is way too low, for it to be worth using. Yeah you reach pierce cap, but your physical part of each stampede, will be ~1/3 of what it should be.
Shimmering crafts are still probably most powerful source of poison pierce, so not sure how you concluded they aren't good to reach 120 pierce.
Helm is -15 base + 16 for craft+bless, gloves same, shield and belt are 10+16, and boots are 16. Not counting chest because there is sots.
With all that you don't need waste weapon slots for pierce, you get as high base damage possible weapon (with good proc), and ideally invictus shield, for 10%DR and ~500-700% weapon damage. You want to trade "bad" slots for poison res, such as gloves and belt for example.
Sliwka
Pit Knight
109 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Did not know that Triune's Blessing is bugged. Already bought 3 poison runes. I noticed The Whistling Death has small physical dmg (crafted is better) so I have to rework my psn pierce (because I was using whisling death which has 50 psn pierce). Yea I am aiming to use sots but helm will be Xis Nasrudin.
What I mean with crafts it's difficult to make perfs because we need perfs to reach psn pierce. I was only able to reach - 16 enemy poison in boots so far. Have to craft belt and gloves now but rolling -3 to -8 numbers.