Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
For anybody playing poison throw barb that saw the shield as a potential upgrade, DONT MAKE IT.
It effectively halved my poison duration, pretty much killing my dps.

1 snake bite to a TA miniboss around 80% dmg with a TU shield.
1 snake bite with the "upgraded" shield, around 40% dmg.
Also, spamming doesnt seem to work properly anymore, it doesn't seem to refresh until the poison completely wears off.

The poison duration from the poison runes seems to be screwing with snake stance because my stampede got affected aswell.

TLDR; dont bother till they fix poison runes.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
whats happening there is it counts as 4 sources of poison damage instead of one
and thus in formula that counts poison duration there is division, and duration is lowered (by a lot)
dps stays same though
youtube.com/ae1337
Empower
Monkey King
269 | 3
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Is this intended? Or fixable?
Deathbringer
Sasquatch
66 | 2
I had thought it's an upgrade a few seasons ago when I tried to make a snake stance thrower and was thinking i just didn't calculate something properly, oh well good to know it wasn't me :flip:
Marcel
Stone Warrior
31 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
The sad truth is that the poison runes are just really bad. The 1 second duration hurts them and they just don't add enough flat damage/second to keep up with the big sources of poison (like snake stance, amatoxin, and curare). Not to mention snakebite, which is probably over the top at the moment.

Maybe if the poison runes had a long duration but low damage they would be interesting due to how poison duration is calculated.
Vrathmar
Cultist
23 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I think it would be interesting to see a SU or runeword with a modifier like "Apply 25% of poison damage immediately on hit". I don't know the exact numbers that would work. But that would be a interesting way to radically change the playstyle using an item. The item can be super hard to get like a SSU or SSSU.