New Player - need advice starter builds

Discuss Median XL!
Nequam
Skeleton
2 | 1
Hi, Im not new on D2, but totally new on median XL. This mod looks amazing with a good comunity. I like melee chars, but I know on D2 to fast clear on farm sorceress is king.
I think maybe in Median XL we have more options. Can you guys suggest good builds to starting learning about mod and doable to farm late game?
Nequam
Skeleton
2 | 1
Found this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=45921
lonelycoconut
Cultist
23 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Always check the Guide Center - viewforum.php?f=40

Here are a few builds/guides I've tried myself and liked, all melee:

Melee Sorc - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=25473
2Hand Tank Barb - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=22675
Bear Druid - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=43245
Holy Pally - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=42334
2Hand Necro - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=34896
Wolf Druid - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=28045
Unholy Pally - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=40052

give some a try, you'll pick up a few things on all the item systems in the game by reading several dif guides
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I started Sigma with the Hammerzon and its a char that is rather easy to pick up with little complex mechanics that can farm common areas rather well:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=23629
bibel89
Gravedigger
181 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
welcome to real hell game. Maybe you should finish your tutorial session from normal to hell acting :)
after that, you are in the realll spicy game
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
lonelycoconut wrote:2Hand Tank Barb - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=22675

If you're gonna go with this one, check the discussion after the release of 1.5 in the thread(page 100+ I think). aerial was testing a screaming eagle + whirlpool build, it's currently cheaper and more effective than the regular 2h barb. You're running around with a throwing axe, but it's still a melee build at the end of the day, with some really nice damage, especially single target. The only real disadvantage is the lack of life leech(and more skill switching if you're not into that).
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
That barb is definetly not a tank.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
The original build isn't, since he changed it from Bear to Wolf stance(I tried it in 1.3 or 1.4 and it was rather squishy), but screaming eagle variant with Bear+Runemaster and most points in vit is pretty damn tanky. Over 1 mil def, 15k+ hp, 50%DR a bit of avoid from Immortal, and that's all easily achievable with just TUs and crafts. Add the -enemy damage/slow debuff from SE on top of that and you become really hard to kill.
Ericksonius
Pit Knight
102 | 1
I'd recommend melee sorc, you'll make it through to the 120 ubers no problem with really easy to acquire gear