Drop Bias

Discuss Median XL!
Revelations
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
Due to the rarity of Fire or players' unwillingness to part with it, I'm farming it myself. K3K is listed as having a set item drop bias.
So before we get too deep into this, does that mean it has a higher probability overall of dropping set items, or does it mean that a higher number of magical+ sacred items that drop will be set? What I am essentially asking is, does anyone have an understanding if it takes priority on a list or replaces another drop.
Also, does Magic Find operate the same in Median as in standard Diablo 2, or can it increase the probability of seeing high tiered items as well? Do we know how it works specifically?

Now to the issue at hand:
I've ran K3K ~15 times, half on terror, half on destruction, in an attempt to evaluate the viability of actually farming this sh*thole for set items. In those 15 runs, I can count on one hand the number of set items I have seen drop with 360% magic find.
Frustrated at this, I recall always seeing a set item drop in TA Terror when doing my black road. To note, I have not attempted TA Dest yet.
I have ran TA (has a drop bias for Unique Items, which actually does seem quite apparent) a total of 22 times. 18 of those times with 360% magic find, 4 with 120.
Oh those 18 runs, the drops of set items per run are as follows:
► Show Spoiler

That's 29. Nearly averaging 2 per run, and K3K isn't dropping f*ck all. What gives?
Majhin
Cultist
23 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
It's funny bc TA/dunc actually drops more set items than K3K
vinetu
Destroyer
7 | 0
When u walk for dest nihatlak. Can find more unique items than TA :D
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
1.) the density and amount of enemies in Tran is many multiples higher than k3k
2.) magic find increases the chance that an item will be magic. If an item has a higher base chance to be magic, then in turn, it has a higher chance of being rare, which in turn has a higher chance to be unique/set.
3.) a set drop bias doesn't guarantee you'll get more sets. There's just a better base chance that a magical sacred item will be a set. Slightly.
4.) farming in this game is all about quantity and kill speed. The more monsters that you kill = the more chances an item drops, versus stacking 2000000% MF and increasing the base drop chance very minimally (there's a chart somewhere that shows the effectiveness of magic find. Quirinus made it. You should be able to search for it and have it pop up.)
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
L H wrote:1.) the density and amount of enemies in Tran is many multiples higher than k3k
2.) magic find increases the chance that an item will be magic. If an item has a higher base chance to be magic, then in turn, it has a higher chance of being rare, which in turn has a higher chance to be unique/set.
3.) a set drop bias doesn't guarantee you'll get more sets. There's just a better base chance that a magical sacred item will be a set. Slightly.
4.) farming in this game is all about quantity and kill speed. The more monsters that you kill = the more chances an item drops, versus stacking 2000000% MF and increasing the base drop chance very minimally (there's a chart somewhere that shows the effectiveness of magic find. Quirinus made it. You should be able to search for it and have it pop up.)

Density and killspeed. K3k has the big problem of being forced to kill totems before killing the skeletons so that slows down killspeed. Nevermind the density, TA wins by miles on top of the size of the map requiring less time to recreate games and get setup.
xzmnick
Abomination
153 | 0
Marco make K3K great again
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Well that's weird. In T TA I usually get around 10 set items per run with around 200 mf. Are the SP droprates really that much higher?
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
yep they are much higher
Hiehvorak
Pit Knight
100 | 6
in my playthrough with only 40% MF in Dest TA I got more Sets and SU than when having 160% MF, when I'm playing with higher MF it seems the drop more biased toward TU than the other.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hiehvorak wrote:in my playthrough with only 40% MF in Dest TA I got more Sets and SU than when having 160% MF, when I'm playing with higher MF it seems the drop more biased toward TU than the other.

TA has a unique drop bias. Not a sacred unique drop bias. It simply affects the chance that an item will be unique, not the tier of the item.