Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Squiggoth wrote:3) What are the mechanics for leech ? I could only find that the ratio changed with difficulties, but nothing on actual mechanics :
Is it instant ?
Does it work with all kind of damage ?
=> Answered : Leech is instant, and is the summed total of all your "Percent Life/mana Stolen" mods from gear or skills.
The %age leeched is only base on physical weapon damage, and no other sources.
Furthermore, leech efficiency varies depending on below factors :
- Normal Effecitiveness : 1/4 th.
- Nightmare Effectiveness : 1/7th.
- Hell Effectiveness : 1/15th.
- Bosses have a 40% reduction to leech in all difficulties

I remember hell effectiveness being like 1/40 or 1/50, and not 1/15. But thats not what im making this comment. Leech is very ineffective vs bosses, and not because of the leech resist, but because they have a damage divisor stat, which means that any dmg taken is divided by that number, thats how they can make bosses tanky and it allows them to make bosses with effectively infinite hp. The higher/tankier the boss is, the higher this number is, and that is why leeching from bosses is pretty much impossible.

Squiggoth wrote:9) What's the difference between EWD and ED ? Both can be MO'd unto a weapon and it's pretty confusing.

ED is a local modifier, ewd is global. That means ed increases the damage on the weapon, while ewd increases your total physical damage done by your weapon (which also includes any added dmg from other items).
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Does that mean that %WDM is applied multiplicatively on the total all the above ?
If a skill reads "90%WDM +158 magic dmg" and my weapon has a 120 average dmg, that means the skill will hit for 0.9*(120+158) (not considering resistances obviously, or other bonuses) ?

As for EWD and ED, if I understand right, it's two different multiplicative bonuses, with ED only affecting base dmg, while EWD affects also the bonus flat min/max dmg ?

1) Yes. The wdm is the last piece of the puzzle, and it affects flat elemental damage added to weapon as well, even flat elemental damage coming from the skill itself. The only thing that is unaffected by it is chance of crushing blow.

2) Yes ED affects the base damage, which is why it's so strong. Essentially it's 3 steps to damage calc:

(weap base * ED + flat from any source) * EWD * DS

Obviously deadly strike is just a chance for double damage but "10% DS" can be read as "10% total (phys) damage". And it applies before %conversion.

Note that EWD is the sum of multiple stats with a different name which are all EWD synonyms. Such as:
- Enhanced Weapon Damage
- Strength/Dexterity Damage Bonus
- Weapon Physical Damage: +X% (from skills)
- Physical Damage: +X% (not spell ofc, also from skills)

I remember hell effectiveness being like 1/40 or 1/50, and not 1/15.

The leech penalties in the topic are correct
Squiggoth
Vampiress
39 | 0
Thanks a lot for all your answers !
I last edited first post with answers and topic can be closed.
Meddle
Vampiress
39 | 5
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Squiggoth wrote:
5) On several skills, you see both WDM and an elemental bonus. Is it then considered as 2 different part for mechanics ?
=> Answered : Modifiers for weapon damage are applied as follows:
1: Ethereal Bonus (50% base damage on weapon)
2: %Enhanced Damage (%ED)
3: +Flat Damage.
4: %Physical Damage, this includes %EWD from items, %damage from skills / passives and buffs and str/dex factor, which are all ADDED up into one buig multiplier (%dmg = %EWD + %physdmg + %dex/strbonus)
5: Deadly Strike (if it rolls successfully, x2 all damage up until this point)
6: %Conversion is applied.
7: +Flat elemental damage from weapon/gear/skills.
8: %WDM of skill used."

=> So flat bonus from skills are added in step 7, and total multiplied by %WDM in step 8

I think you have this wrong. Flat elemental damage from weapon/gear/*skills* means skills such as way of the Phoenix which are adding damage to your character's attack. A skill like Charged Strike does %x wdm plus x-x lightning damage. That lightning damage wouldn't be modified by the skill's %wdm. AFAIK

1) Yes. The wdm is the last piece of the puzzle, and it affects flat elemental damage added to weapon as well, even flat elemental damage coming from the skill itself. The only thing that is unaffected by it is chance of crushing blow.
ah shit maybe I'm wrong. Although charged strike is a poor example because it has 100% wdm. Are you sure that's how it works marco? I'd trust him more than I'd trust my answer here ^^
pinkhub
Prowler
15 | 0
Hello I would like to ask what are the break points for faster hit recovery? is it the same for all characters?

How about faster block rate?
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
pinkhub wrote:Hello I would like to ask what are the break points for faster hit recovery? is it the same for all characters?

How about faster block rate?

They are different for each character. There is a speed calculator in the mxl tools, check it out.