Discuss Median XL!
adiabloplayer
Bone Archer
75 | 3
Just out of curiosity. For me, it's Unholy Melee Paladin because:-
Superbeast looks cool.
The set is OP.
Tons of regen and life on attack.
I enjoy the idea of a Paladin turning to the dark side(of the force) to protect the good.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1291 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Bowzon: Potentially great, require some skill to play, funny. Currently trying pure elemental for even more fun.
Nagisin: Veeery hard and require kind of lot of patience, sometimes (alot) it's just a ripfest but there's smth behind that keep luring me to this build.
Totemnec: Breezy build compared to others listed - very easy and smooth and don't really require anyhow expensive gear until mid-late.
Windbarb: Loved this one since very first Sigma where whirlwing started to proc on melee skills and till now. It's just funny! Still wanna try some kind of elemental-ful spec utilizing BH.
Firesorc: One more build from very past that i liked even before flamefront buffs when it was "trash". I just like to "shotgun" fireballs and her huuuuge hp regen.
Ratt: Just mentioning because that's the thing i playd right from time when it appears in MXL and till now.
And to mention pals because it's only missed char... let's say UHC.
Currently just thinking about other "sick" build possibilities.. like maelstorm-ama maybe :) Or smth else.. Wanna try to make a use of
Icebird
Icebird
Flying Knife (4)

Throw Damage: (5 - 7) to (7 - 8)
One-Hand Damage: (5 - 7) to (7 - 8)
Required Level: 10
Required Dexterity: 53
Item Level: 10
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Dexterity)%
1% Chance to cast level 2 Shackles of Ice on Striking
Adds (3 to 4)-(5 to 9) Cold Damage
+(18 to 40)% Enhanced Damage
-(4 to 6)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(1 to 2) to APF-20 'Maelstrom' MkI
Cold Absorb 2%
8% Magic Find
Socketed (1)
Throw Damage: (24 - 27) to (27 - 31)
One-Hand Damage: (18 - 20) to (19 - 22)
Required Level: 23
Required Dexterity: 84
Item Level: 36
1% Chance to cast level 6 Shackles of Ice on Striking
Adds (11 to 13)-(26 to 33) Cold Damage
+(64 to 86)% Enhanced Damage
-(7 to 9)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(3 to 6) to APF-20 'Maelstrom' MkI
Cold Absorb 3%
13% Magic Find
Socketed (2)
Throw Damage: (56 - 62) to (64 - 71)
One-Hand Damage: (33 - 37) to (37 - 41)
Required Level: 41
Required Dexterity: 169
Item Level: 51
1% Chance to cast level 10 Shackles of Ice on Striking
Adds (41 to 50)-(121 to 130) Cold Damage
+(109 to 132)% Enhanced Damage
-(10 to 12)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(7 to 11) to APF-20 'Maelstrom' MkI
Cold Absorb 4%
18% Magic Find
Socketed (2)
Throw Damage: (76 - 83) to (85 - 93)
One-Hand Damage: (44 - 48) to (48 - 53)
Required Level: 50
Required Dexterity: 337
Item Level: 77
1% Chance to cast level 12 Shackles of Ice on Striking
Adds (91 to 100)-(211 to 260) Cold Damage
+(132 to 154)% Enhanced Damage
-(13 to 15)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(12 to 16) to APF-20 'Maelstrom' MkI
Cold Absorb 5%
20% Magic Find
Socketed (2)

In total i don't really like that "tankymetabuilds" that need no skill, no gear, no patience and also provide no fun but easy slide thru whole 80% of game without even realizing what you realy doing and killing all the feeling of game IMO. They all used by me only in very rare situations and only for farming.

PS: All listed builds meant to be played untwink and from pure zero/lvl1(6/12/18/24) :mrgreen:
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
I like to play with totemancer, UHM paladin, stormcrow assassin and bow druid. I play always single player and untwink from the beginning.
Edited by nemmate 3 years.
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Bowzon - breezing through difficulties, but requires some skills for ubers.
Javazon - this was probably my favorite (RIP Ultimative when it was last good). Never played it early game. Its more of mid-game character. Needed some basic crafts and charms to hit certain breakpoints. Endgame the char that I enjoyed farming with the most. It was mainly fauzt and vizjun runs. Early game Java has always been clunky and not fun.
Poison/Cold sorc - Lorenado with procs on kill setup- real fun for farming, and its an amazing boss killing character as well.
Melee barb- not amazing for farming, but can farm on high player count just as easy as p1. Good boss killer. With the right endgame items can become a walking tank with pretty destructive powers.
matdoo
Cog
239 | 29
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Vizjerei Fury
Vizjerei Fury
Short Spear (Sacred)

Throw Damage: 69 to 80
One-Hand Damage: 45 to 50
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 120
You may Only use Melee, Summon and Support Skills
25% Chance to cast level 60 Trinity Beam on Melee Attack
Ignore Target's Defense
-33% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-33% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-33% to Enemy Cold Resistance
(20 to 25)% to Dexterity
(20 to 25)% to Vitality
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
Physical Resist 10%
+(60 to 100) Life after each Kill
Requirements +200%
Socketed (3)
Windform barb is the one in this season.
I've played
Wizardspike
Wizardspike
Dagger (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 37
Required Dexterity: 376
-70% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
50% Cast Speed
+(4 to 8) to Trinity Beam
+2 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Maximum Mana +20%
Regenerate Mana +30%
Socketed (2)
pally before and it was blast.
Then I decided to try
Vizjerei Fury
Vizjerei Fury
Short Spear (Sacred)

Throw Damage: 69 to 80
One-Hand Damage: 45 to 50
Required Dexterity:
You may Only use Melee, Summon and Support Skills
25% Chance to cast level 60 Trinity Beam on Melee Attack
Ignore Target's Defense
-33% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-33% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-33% to Enemy Cold Resistance
(20 to 25)% to Dexterity
(20 to 25)% to Vitality
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
Physical Resist 10%
+(60 to 100) Life after each Kill
Requirements +200%
Socketed (3)
build for Tribeam proc. I loved it.
First was UHM but I didn't liked UHM playstyle. Felt kinda boring.
So I moved to Windform to cheese 'on attack' proc on vizj fury, it actually worked quite decently.
https://youtu.be/Q2MvRsOxD1k
(Recorded some vids when it was not optimized)
After some adjustment, I'm having a good time in Fauzt now. (Thank you guys for all of hidden information)
Dumda
Stygian Watcher
40 | 0
I used to love summon pala, teached me the game and when it became boring switched to holly melee its a nice build with the 10sec buff to keep up, little bit like UHM but not as boring.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Well, I really love Twinfangstrike-sin. It's a shame that she drops off quickly since you simply lack damage at some point even with -135 enemy resist and more than 250% spell damage and lack survivability despite 60 k defense, 75% block, 4 frames animations 90% all resist and ~6k life (switching max resist gems with dex gems depending on the uber). So doing any harder ubers ist almost impossible unless you twink some essential gear that only drops in dunc, which you can't really farm with this build. Maybe it's just my gear choices that makes me fail. I'll probably try out a more proc-based TFS run at some point. But I definitely love the smooth leveling and quick attack speed of this build.

Putting that aside, I also loved lightning sorc. Tempest is a really fun and easy main spell that easily allows you to farm dunc with what's essentially Tiered unique gear.

There are quite a few other builds I like, but listing them would probably take forever.
delusion
Stygian Watcher
41 | 5
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
My all time favourite was treewarden back when you could get 5s duration on faerie fire.Procing with the trail was the most fun I had clearing any zone.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ParticuLarry wrote:Well, I really love Twinfangstrike-sin. It's a shame that she drops off quickly since you simply lack damage at some point even with -135 enemy resist and more than 250% spell damage and lack survivability despite 60 k defense, 75% block, 4 frames animations 90% all resist and ~6k life (switching max resist gems with dex gems depending on the uber). So doing any harder ubers ist almost impossible unless you twink some essential gear that only drops in dunc, which you can't really farm with this build. Maybe it's just my gear choices that makes me fail. I'll probably try out a more proc-based TFS run at some point. But I definitely love the smooth leveling and quick attack speed of this build.

you die fast because you have 6k hp. not because build is bad. sin had a lot of base life and skill buffs to make her tankier. get dual claw block and split points into vitality
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Crash wrote:
ParticuLarry wrote:Well, I really love Twinfangstrike-sin. It's a shame that she drops off quickly since you simply lack damage at some point even with -135 enemy resist and more than 250% spell damage and lack survivability despite 60 k defense, 75% block, 4 frames animations 90% all resist and ~6k life (switching max resist gems with dex gems depending on the uber). So doing any harder ubers ist almost impossible unless you twink some essential gear that only drops in dunc, which you can't really farm with this build. Maybe it's just my gear choices that makes me fail. I'll probably try out a more proc-based TFS run at some point. But I definitely love the smooth leveling and quick attack speed of this build.

you die fast because you have 6k hp. not because build is bad. sin had a lot of base life and skill buffs to make her tankier. get dual claw block and split points into vitality

That would essentially halve my damage since I'd lose -enemy resist and lots of dexterity bonus as well as spell damage. And seeing how I already can't put Duncraig mobs into hit recovery animation, I'm not that fond of reducing that damage even further. It would also hurt lifegain due to this build relying on life on attack and life after each kill. With lower attack rating I can't get back enough life per attack to handle the incoming damage, unless I have the "ignore target defense" modifier, which isn't that easy to get.

And yes, I tried claw block, but there were too many negative aspects and I had to respec back. But no worries, I'm not done testing yet. I hope I can make it work reliably in the near future. My issue with the testing is just that I usually roll a whole new character because I want to see whether it's weaker or stronger in the progression and in all ubers. Well, I'm already happy that I even managed to get to 120 with that build.