I've been playing Median in 2D for years

Discuss Median XL!
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Since we have the launcher I decided to change it to 3DFX Glide. My mind was blown. I know it's nothing to you guys cause I'm sure everyone plays on that setting but for me seeing it the first time was like wtf.

The colors and the way everything looks is just amazing. I'm blown away. It's literally hard to play the game now cause I'm not used to it. Almost like a whole new game.

cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Colors in glide look so fugly it's unbearable.

The best looking d2 you can get is widescreen mod with perspective set ON, but it causes graphical artifacts (at least for me), however it looks amazing.
suchbalance
Team Member
1757 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Glide is love, glide is life. The colour contrast is a bit too much with the "no gamma" setting personally for me, I like to have that disabled, use shader gamma and set in game gamma value to around +10-20%.
thanosdk
Rust Claw
85 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
I was playing with glide for long, but yesterday watched a stream with zyphrus, he is using DDraw, I just reverted to it and man, cant go back to glide after that. Glide is not bad of course, mouse capture and colored lighting is nice, but original is much much better for me.

Here are the settings I was using with glide. Those seems to be the most commonly used:

Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Makes screenshots with desktop visible without placing an illegal MH icon there
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
I can't stand glide colors too much garbage on screen to focus for me. It does look pretty for gameplay videos though
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Nitz wrote:Makes screenshots with desktop visible without placing an illegal MH icon there

What?
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
i tried tinkering with it a bit and it resets my global color settings every time i make a game. so fuck that shit lol ddraw4lyf
Willshaper
Grubber
339 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Effective wrote:
Nitz wrote:Makes screenshots with desktop visible without placing an illegal MH icon there

What?

Yeah I'm not sure what he means. Not sure he means it either since he uses the sarcasm text..

But the only "mh related thing" on the desktop is the D2gfx.dll which i would guess is the one that's modified to allow multilog.
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ShadowDawn wrote:
Effective wrote:

What?

Yeah I'm not sure what he means. Not sure he means it either since he uses the sarcasm text..

But the only "mh related thing" on the desktop is the D2gfx.dll which i would guess is the one that's modified to allow multilog.

That's been there long before I installed the launcher and played. I used to dabble in open bnet making mock sorc's for fun and believe that's the one to make open bnet char loading 10x faster. Wouldn't need it for Multilog anyway since the launcher does it :)