MXL 2017 - Any cheap untwinked/honorific/crafted build can farm duncraig?

Discuss Median XL!
locked21
Sasquatch
66 | 0
Have anyone succeeded in finding such a build? I'll play SP in my college break and even in pre-mxl2017 I had some trouble farming dunc with most builds, except maybe wolf, but I heard that now he's weak, and it would be nice to see you guys opinions on other options!
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Watching Mahi's stream, I noticed he did Tran Athulua and Duncraig with a throw barb (rampage) with ease using very little gear. If I remember correctly, he had 3 dex craft to grab high sources of ar% and Kra RW body armor, SU balanced axe and a Dementia belt (which he luckily found just before). That's what I've personally seen, but Mahi claims he was doing all that with ease too even before he found the Griefbringer and the Demention, with just crafts.

From my personnal experience, bowzon is the character that could do duncraig the easiest to start finding lots of sets/SU's, but that was during the time that you could use 3 honorific and spam -% enemy resist, I'm not sure if bowzon works now that you can't double your tri-ele dmg throught MO's.

Wolf like you mentioned is very good in these places, but it's probably the most item dependant build in the game. He requires a very high dmg weapon (Shark RW in weapon, meaning he needs lvl 121) as well as very hard to find armor/jewelry pieces.

Just a quick note btw, after grinding for hours, Mahi found that TA now just drops way more sacred uniques than Duncraig and it's way easier too. Many characters can do TA with little to not gear, for instance totem necro, melee necro and throw barb to name a few. That place becomes efficient to grind when you can slap Lum runes and mf% MO's on your gear.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
locked21 wrote:Have anyone succeeded in finding such a build? I'll play SP in my college break and even in pre-mxl2017 I had some trouble farming dunc with most builds, except maybe wolf, but I heard that now he's weak, and it would be nice to see you guys opinions on other options!

https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1644

Clawsin and Throwsin have no problems farming, the most expensive item here is 4 or 6 poison runes.
TheUnderling
Monkey King
256 | 1
More SUs in TA than in Duncraig? How?
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
TheUnderling wrote:More SUs in TA than in Duncraig? How?

Easier kills = faster kills. Faster kills in TA (which has more density than dunc atm) = more drops = more % of drops.

You can farm TA with casatersin (fireball sentry) which stun locks the amazons. EZst clears ever.
TheUnderling
Monkey King
256 | 1
Wulf said that Mahi noted that TA gave more drops per run with disregard to killspeed, since Wulf later said that "it's way easier too." Please explain.
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
TheUnderling wrote:Wulf said that Mahi noted that TA gave more drops per run with disregard to killspeed, since Wulf later said that "it's way easier too." Please explain.

Other than that I dont know. He says that ''mahi claims'' that the drops are higher, if its not because the clearspeed, I cant really tell, dont know what marco did on the drop rate for TA.
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
If you have good gear and can farm dunc fast it's way better for su/hour than ta. Also drops higher qlvl stuff. Ta is pretty great this ladder though
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
also @locked21 i can vouch for nitz limpet guide. He uses the most terrible gear to progress through the game. Its a good way to learn how to play untwinked, i used it as my template for my sin this ladder. Electrofield sentry also got a buff this patch and evilpotato and a lot of others have had some good luck with that instead of limpet. The way you play the character should be virtually the same as LL so you can basically follow nitz guide and just replace the cold damage gear with equivalent light damage pieces.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
The reason why TA is better sacred unique wise is because 1- you can clear the map much faster and 2- more characters have access to TA too since you do not have to teleport to a brand new room where barrels and 5k dmg per hit mobs wait for you. New duncraig map is also super cancer for characters that are squishy.

Maybe in the super lategame where your character has perfect gears and charm, dunc ends up giving you more SU's but for an untwinked character scrambling for items, TA is a better use of your time. Mahi had no trouble whatsoever in clearing both the uberlevels, and TA still gave him more loot. It kinda surprised me to be honest.

Here's his current items and skillplan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UlvoGye-q8