Discuss Median XL!
Demonlord
Cog
201 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Cheno wrote:
nazh202 wrote:
You're right, but I think Cheno is not wrong either, just in his perspective. I agree the last few charms are powerful, but I think he just gets discouraged by the huge investment necessary for those achievements. After all we all have different purposes playing this game. Having no motivation to complete the hardest ones doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong :mrgreen: Cheers :mrgreen:

Sorry mate but Demonlord obviously gets to decide whats worth my time and whats not, glad we got this cleared out. I don't think the 125 and 130 bosses are hard, it's just like you said, I get discouraged when I figure out how much I need to change my build/items in order to proceed. Xazax is an example where I can change maybe 1 or 2 items and I'll have enough damage to do him comfortably but Uldy and lab 10+ is just not worth it, in regards to time spent. I'm not saying that the game has to change for me, it's just that point where item constraints starts to kick in for me. It's great if some people enjoy that, there aren't a lot of games around where you need to rethink your approach as much as Median, most games it's just about swinging your stick hard enough.

Thats not what i ment all i was saying is all that +skills and other perks those charms give adds up to huge gains for your build that you just completely give up on.. To each their own but at the same time you ever thought maybe thats one of the reasons some of these bosses give you such issues? Because you not only give up on them but, wont even attempt to progress any of them one by one for the massive gains they hold. Especially at that point in the game when your probably 135-140 and very little else room to grow with your build. going from say 75 on your skills to 80+ is pretty big and each one along the way is noticeable.

Saying you wrong might have been misspeaking and my apologies but, yeah im all about trying to get as much out of my builds as possible as well as trying to accomplish everything the game has to offer if possible. All i was saying is pushing the last couple super difficult ubers end up worth it not only in satisfaction of completing them but also the benefits they give as well. At the very least a single kill per league. But, getting nearly all or all of them down also makes subsequent attempts even easier from the gains as well. For most builds anyway. Theres also the fact some builds are going to struggle on some content way more than others. Such as Melee for example.. some Melee builds are tough to get some of these things done no doubt about it.

But, absolutely no argument on the frustration that can come from making failed attempts over and over till you get them down. I think that wears on anyone including myself. But i dont give up forever just for the day come back tomorrow and throw a few more corpses at the issue with different approaches till i find something that eventually works. Thats all i was saying as apposed to just giving completely up and not even bother attempting. And as far as Lab goes.. the rewards do not match the effort you put in that place. I dont think anyone will disagree with that short of never actually trying it and pushing deep into T10+ for themselves. Again my apologies for saying your Wrong.. poor choice of words in hindsight.
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Demonlord wrote: Thats not what i ment all i was saying is all that +skills and other perks those charms give adds up to huge gains for your build that you just completely give up on.. To each their own but at the same time you ever thought maybe thats one of the reasons some of these bosses give you such issues? Because you not only give up on them but, wont even attempt to progress any of them one by one for the massive gains they hold. Especially at that point in the game when your probably 135-140 and very little else room to grow with your build. going from say 75 on your skills to 80+ is pretty big and each one along the way is noticeable.

Saying that these bosses gives me issues implies that I tried to progress them, I didn't. I complete the ones that I deem to be fairly easy to adjust to, like Xazax, Belial and Astro but otherwise pass one or two 125's and all above. I'm not saying that the charms are a waste of time and that I wouldn't get anything out of doing them, it's the time required for me to adjust a build for some of these encounters, that I don't want to spend. If I end up playing something where I feel that, for example, Uldy is within reach without too much of a hassle, then I would go for it. I don't make new characters very often and I don't feel like making new characters just so I can have an easier time on some encounters (honestly I feel like that is kinda bad game design but it's not a big deal).

Demonlord wrote:Saying you wrong might have been misspeaking and my apologies but, yeah im all about trying to get as much out of my builds as possible as well as trying to accomplish everything the game has to offer if possible. All i was saying is pushing the last couple super difficult ubers end up worth it not only in satisfaction of completing them but also the benefits they give as well. At the very least a single kill per league. But, getting nearly all or all of them down also makes subsequent attempts even easier from the gains as well. For most builds anyway. Theres also the fact some builds are going to struggle on some content way more than others. Such as Melee for example.. some Melee builds are tough to get some of these things done no doubt about it.

But, absolutely no argument on the frustration that can come from making failed attempts over and over till you get them down. I think that wears on anyone including myself. But i dont give up forever just for the day come back tomorrow and throw a few more corpses at the issue with different approaches till i find something that eventually works. Thats all i was saying as apposed to just giving completely up and not even bother attempting. And as far as Lab goes.. the rewards do not match the effort you put in that place. I dont think anyone will disagree with that short of never actually trying it and pushing deep into T10+ for themselves. Again my apologies for saying your Wrong.. poor choice of words in hindsight.

Normally I would aim for 100% completion in a game but whenever I try to judge the time investment for 100% completion in Median, it always seems like a bad deal to me. I play a lot of different games, I don't have infinite time and the last bosses seems to require insane item optimization (even more so since I currently play on single player), it just doesn't seem attractive to me. I'm not saying the game has to change to make room for me, like I said, Median offers something that most games doesn't and I think it's great that some people can find something here that they can't find anywhere else. Ultimately it's down to design philosophy and it would be insane of me to demand that the game has to be designed in such a way that it becomes more attractive to me specifically.