SU/SSU/SSSU questions

Discuss Median XL!
AlysoN
Destroyer
6 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Sup guys Im new to the game and I want to know how you guys know if an item is SU or SSU or SSSU ? Thx 4 help Alyson
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
If you go to docs > sacred unique they are listed from left to right su>ssu>sssu..
AlysoN
Destroyer
6 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
morphed wrote:If you go to docs > sacred unique they are listed from left to right su>ssu>sssu..

Ty!
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Documentation also lists the item level.

ilvl 105 - standard SU's - they drop in later acts of normal Hell game and almost any uberquests
ilvl 120 - SSU's - they drop in Duncraig and other areas level 120+
ilvl 130 - SSSU's - these drop in areas level 130+, which are few in this game - Fauztinville, Bremmtown, Dimensional Labs tier 11+ are ones that are reasonably farmable. But don't count on these, they're as rare as high runes in classic LoD in patch 1.10. Sometimes there is not a single drop in the entire season. And some players really rack up farming mileage in there.

There are some items that have item level 115 or 125 too. Also there are items like Spirit Walker which might be only ilvl 120 but the devs deliberately reduced the drop rate to near-SSSU levels because the item is too good.
Demonlord
Cog
201 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Going by the Docs

The SU variants are typically found beginning at Area Levels of 104 and beyond, SSU variants begin dropping in Area Level 119 areas, and SSSUs start dropping in Area Level 130 areas. The Flamen staves are an exception to this rule, the ending staff being SSU.

However its worth mentioning the reason for the +1 difference most people will talk about compared to the docs is apparently Bosses in these areas are treated as +1 and also typically have higher drops rates for items in general. For example TA (Trans Anthula) can drop SSUs but only from the Bosses themselves and not from the trash itself. Thus why Duncraig is always going to be a better spot to farm 120 items since all mobs have the ability to drop SSUs. Fauzt, Brimm, and Lab T11+ are your only sources of SSSUs.
misscarriage
Cultist
20 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I’ve been wondering about this for a while, and it’s related to this topic:
let’s say we have two different bases, and both have SU, SSU and SSSU variants. Does each respective variant of both items have an equal chance to drop? Say, is the drop chance of item A SSSU and item B SSSU the same?
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
misscarriage wrote:I’ve been wondering about this for a while, and it’s related to this topic:
let’s say we have two different bases, and both have SU, SSU and SSSU variants. Does each respective variant of both items have an equal chance to drop? Say, is the drop chance of item A SSSU and item B SSSU the same?

No you have a much higher chance to get SU.
iirc, in a 120 zone, its like 80-85% chance Su, 15-20% SSU. No idea for SSSU in a lvl130 zone, but I expect its much rarer, like under 5-10%.
misscarriage
Cultist
20 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Wulf wrote:
misscarriage wrote:I’ve been wondering about this for a while, and it’s related to this topic:

iirc, in a 120 zone, its like 80-85% chance Su, 15-20% SSU. No idea for SSSU in a lvl130 zone, but I expect its much rarer, like under 5-10%.

Not my question
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
misscarriage wrote:
Wulf wrote:

Not my question

Ah mb. My guess is no because even from one piece to another, the chance of SSU is different. it isnt like a flat 15%, it varies. so i dont see any evidence why two SSU of a same peice would have the same percentage since theres so much variation. I'd bet its on an item-to-item basis, each with their own % value.

but thats my guess, not fact.
koffi
Sasquatch
60 | 0

I have understood that bases have their own drop-rates, and magic/rare/su/ssu/sssu-roll is applied afterwards. So even if there is no different chances for different su-variations,
Arrogance
Arrogance
Gothic Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (8308 - 9198) to (10078 - 11157)
Required Level: 120
Required Strength:
Item Level: 130
Restitution
(Based on Restore Percentage)
+50% Combat Speeds
Physical Resist +15%
Maximum Life +7%
Cube with Trophy Fragment: Restore +4%
25% Movement Speed
Adds 15-25 Damage
+(18 to 32) to Stormlord
5% Deadly Strike
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(40 to 50) to all Attributes
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
would drop more likely than
Tyrael's Might
Tyrael's Might
Ancient Armor (Sacred)

Defense: 11859 to 14685
Required Level: 130
Item Level: 130
Ethereal
50% Movement Speed
+100% Damage to Demons
+100% Damage to Undead
+200% Enhanced Defense
Maximum Elemental Resists +15%
Physical Resist 50%
Cannot Be Frozen
Requirements -100%
Celeri Caelesti Iustitia
Socketed (6)
, but thanks to rng you can not really know what you will find.