Lvl 130 + : what's keeping you busy at this point

Discuss Median XL!
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey,
I'm lvl 132 with my cold sorc (2nd char on medianxl). These are the next achievable and challenging goals I'm thinking of before moving to another character :

- Farm SU and SSU in Duncraig and Fauzt (although I got what I needed through trading, I can find items for other builds)
- Farm charms on the doable bosses (half of the 125 ones)
- Farm Occult effigies and level the char in the Labs.
- Farm UMOS and SU/SSU in Fauzt
- Keep on getting killed by the other half of the 125 uber bosses...

What about you ? What do you usually do at this point ?
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Most players do some combination of all of the things you've listed. As you progress with your items and char development you'll find that the ubers you once found difficult are now manageable. One thing to note is that it becomes very difficult to level a char past lvl 140 if you're not doing Labs. If grinding to max level isn't your thing, starting a new char is always a fun option. Otherwise, a lot of enjoyment can be found by farming the common spots like Fautz and eventually getting a great drop. Possibly building a char around that drop if it's good enough.

For me the most enjoyable part of MXL is playing with friends who just want to have fun and theorycraft new ideas for builds etc. Everyone has their own Niche and way that they have fun. Some prefer to play solo and get little to no help from others as they push and succeed at content they once struggled with. To each their own. It sounds like you have a good grasp on what content is available.

If you're ever interested, I'm part of a small community of Non Ladder players who prefer to avoid the expensive prices and competitive nature often accompanied by a new ladder season. While we do understand the appeal of playing ladder, we tend to find more enjoyment from each other's company and we freely share items based on need. You'd be welcome to join our discord if interested, otherwise no worries at all. Like I said before, to each their own.
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Crosby4HyG wrote:Most players do some combination of all of the things you've listed. As you progress with your items and char development you'll find that the ubers you once found difficult are now manageable. One thing to note is that it becomes very difficult to level a char past lvl 140 if you're not doing Labs. If grinding to max level isn't your thing, starting a new char is always a fun option. Otherwise, a lot of enjoyment can be found by farming the common spots like Fautz and eventually getting a great drop. Possibly building a char around that drop if it's good enough.

For me the most enjoyable part of MXL is playing with friends who just want to have fun and theorycraft new ideas for builds etc. Everyone has their own Niche and way that they have fun. Some prefer to play solo and get little to no help from others as they push and succeed at content they once struggled with. To each their own. It sounds like you have a good grasp on what content is available.

If you're ever interested, I'm part of a small community of Non Ladder players who prefer to avoid the expensive prices and competitive nature often accompanied by a new ladder season. While we do understand the appeal of playing ladder, we tend to find more enjoyment from each other's company and we freely share items based on need. You'd be welcome to join our discord if interested, otherwise no worries at all. Like I said before, to each their own.

Sounds great ! I don't have a competitive spirit and I'd love to experience the fun of friendly LAN games we used to play back in D2 vanilla times.
I'll join the discord group to see how it works. Right now it's complicated to find quality time as I'm either with the kids or at work, but in July i'll definitely give it a try...
Edit : on a second thought, I may just create a char on a non ladder server and see who's around when I have a little bit of time.
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Secret Nagi
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
It's not a secret anymore.

Besides main char of the patch (one with the most radical changes) usually at that point I start to get bored of the build/char I'm playing and just start anew.
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Crosby4HyG wrote:Most players do some combination of all of the things you've listed. As you progress with your items and char development you'll find that the ubers you once found difficult are now manageable. One thing to note is that it becomes very difficult to level a char past lvl 140 if you're not doing Labs. If grinding to max level isn't your thing, starting a new char is always a fun option. Otherwise, a lot of enjoyment can be found by farming the common spots like Fautz and eventually getting a great drop. Possibly building a char around that drop if it's good enough.

You have your own discord or do you just frequent a sub on the MXL discord?
akynuz
Destroyer
6 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
At lvl 132 you only done 50% of the game lmao

I am currently lvl 136 ( just started a few weeks ago ) and i feel like there is so much to do

Like farming for arcane shards + jewel to craft ZOD jewel ( EF + Spell dmg + adds ) is really hard

By the time you got all the jewels to put in your gear your char is already 140

By then all the 125 ubers will be easy peasy

And i will move onto the next challenge = 130 ubers
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Primarch wrote:

We have a separate discord for Non Ladder.
AAlpha01
Stygian Watcher
41 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Crosby4HyG wrote:
Primarch wrote:

Does non-ladder have the same content and items as ladder? I might be interested after this season. I only can play 1-2 hours a night max and I don't look forward starting over...

Send me discord info please
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
AAlpha01 wrote:
Crosby4HyG wrote:
Primarch wrote:

Does non-ladder have the same content and items as ladder? I might be interested after this season. I only can play 1-2 hours a night max and I don't look forward starting over...

Send me discord info please

At the end of each Ladder season all of the Ladder chars are rolled over to Non Ladder, including all the items. Non Ladder chars cannot exist in the same game as Ladder chars. Because the vast majority of MXL players play Ladder, the group of people to trade with on NL is quite small, and consequently the value of items becomes a lot smaller as well. PM me your discord and I'll shoot you an invite.