Any fun builds that use a lot of actives?

Discuss Median XL!
plookey78
Destroyer
7 | 0
Hello, im a vet d2 player and am kinda new to this mod though i have played it before but that was years ago, i think i played unholy pala caster. So basically, I am looking for a fun build that can do all content but one that's not a one skill spammer built around just one skill. Something similar like a fishymancer in vanilla diablo, that uses summons, corpse explosion and has curses for pretty much every situation. Thats just an example ofc, any class and theme will do.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I'd say one of the builds that require the most active skills is an assassin build around naginatas.

You have Barrier strike as a pretty good option for killing, especially since the barrier itself hits many times a second, making it really strong in melee areas.
However, you can also build it with broadside as a low-cooldown attack that brings lots of single target damage on the table.

The best way to play Naginata sin though is by prebuffing with the 2 short-duration buffs Shadow Refugee and Bloodbath, kill some things and then spam Hades Gate for a continous stream of screen-wide AoE attacks with a huge weapon damage modifier and knockback I believe (it's been a time since I used it the last time). For single target enemies you still have Crucify. And if dealing with that many skills isn't enough, you can also use Blink for a short-duration stun, Vampiric Icon for good semi-permanent life regeneration (though you'll need to know how to use this skills since only the cross leeches) and you can also use Psionic Scream for itchy situations.
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ParticuLarry wrote:and knockback I believe (it's been a time since I used it the last time).

Not anymore.
plookey78
Destroyer
7 | 0
Thx for the suggestion on the naginata assassin. Trapsin seems cooler to me though with various traps she has, how is she in this mod? Also played summon necro a bit and i kinda like it, always enjoyed playing summoners. So im kinda torn between trap assassin, and summoner builds, specifically necro, pala, barb. Any suggestions, experience with these?
Another thing, im thinking of getting more actives trough Oskills, can i get more buffs, auras on my summons through them, or summon skills themselves?
Fululf
Gravedigger
196 | 11
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
plookey78 wrote:Thx for the suggestion on the naginata assassin. Trapsin seems cooler to me though with various traps she has, how is she in this mod? Also played summon necro a bit and i kinda like it, always enjoyed playing summoners. So im kinda torn between trap assassin, and summoner builds, specifically necro, pala, barb. Any suggestions, experience with these?
Another thing, im thinking of getting more actives trough Oskills, can i get more buffs, auras on my summons through them, or summon skills themselves?

Haven't tried trapsin myself in median, but what I've heard is it's great for leveling, but then falls off pretty fast around lvl 120 or so. This might have been "fixed" in recent patch(es), so some1 who's played it can correct me on this if it's not accurate anymore.

For summon build I think the barb is a solid one, and there are ways to enhance your summons. U can use stances to buff them, which won't require alot of skill switching other than when u wanna respawn/tele I guess.
And u can get lots of various summons by using corner stone of the world with +1 to a random skill. These are usually pretty expensive though, but it's an option I guess..

U might also wanna look into neutraldin, there's a guide on the forum that u can check out.
It requires alot of skills to be recasted, so u have to be active. It's mostly a build for farming, so some boss fights will probably be rough with this build, but paladin is a solid char and u can respec to other pala builds if u are ok with that to be able to solo more of the content.

Hf gl with whatever char u choose, but I do think a paladin might be a good place to start since they are versatile imo. (:
Dumda
Stygian Watcher
40 | 0
plookey78 wrote:Thx for the suggestion on the naginata assassin. Trapsin seems cooler to me though with various traps she has, how is she in this mod? Also played summon necro a bit and i kinda like it, always enjoyed playing summoners. So im kinda torn between trap assassin, and summoner builds, specifically necro, pala, barb. Any suggestions, experience with these?

On summoners i would say
Summon necro is somewhat similar to vanila if you play it the farm variant, the hawk is somewhat like a summon caster
Summon pala my favourite, cuts thru the game until like 125 after you start to see the disadvantages of the summon nature best starter and summoner build imo
Summon barb i found it hard, irritating and inferior compared to the other 2 it might be just me or it not being my style, but seemed harder to start with and barely better if better at all on uber stages
God_of_Magic
Pit Knight
113 | 6
Neutral Paladin?

Lots of actives? O ya!
Fun? Open to debate for some.