Satanic Mantra Set 3 Piece Bonus

Discuss Median XL!
Splargh
Grubber
324 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
hey,

the sets got reworked 2 or 3 patches ago, so any stats that are in there should be targeted at current builds (and not old skill trees that got reworked since).
This leads me to my question about Satanic Mantras 3 Piece Bonus:

Satanic Mantra
Satanic Mantra
(Necromancer Summoner Set)

Till We Have Heaven In Sight
Through Death's Veil
Lend Me Thy Light
Archangel Dark Angel

Set Bonus with 2 or more set items:
+75% to Summoned Minion Life
+200% to Summoned Minion Attack Rating

Set Bonus with 3 or more set items:
+2 to Necromancer Skill Levels
+50% to Summoned Minion Damage

Set Bonus with complete set:
+3 to Necromancer Skill Levels
+1 to Maximum Necromancer Minions
+25 to Void Archon
+17 to Dark Power
+100% to Summoned Minion Life
+50% to Summoned Minion Damage

What's the deal with the Snake Stance? The only thing I could see it synergizing with is extending the poison duration of veil kings plague grasp (and thereby its dmg, since it doesn't trigger frequently). But that seems at odds with the +max summons the set gives, which benefits non-veil-king-builds much more. Is there some other synergy I am missing?

1: Is the interaction between Plague Grasp and Snake Stance any good? Has somebody tested it? Doesn't seem that good on paper.

2: Has Marco talked about his intentions behind this set design? I couldn't find anything regarding the snake stance, only him arguing that the +max summons is good for knight/jinn summoner.

Looking forward to answers,
sincereley
Splargh
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
It were on set from the times when slow effect wasn't base level synergy so purpose was in adding not just poison damage but also slow to necro summons (don't remember clearly but i guess so). Currently this stance is kind of "pointless legacy". Even at skill lvl of 34+ there won't be any kind of really noticable poison damage added and 5% slow target is kind of nothing worthful.