The Void, how to succeed everytime?

Discuss Median XL!
Avoid
Stone Warrior
31 | 1
Hi, I am currently on my 10th attempt at The Void, I succeeded after the 3rd attempt how ever I was unaware that you must be relatively close during or slightly after both the bosses die to obtain the buff, so naturally since I was off screen as they died, no buff was obtained and I failed.

Back in Ultimative version, I had The Void on farm, with 100% success and as far as I can tell, the fight has not changed.
I can't remember how I used to do this, surviving the 15-18 minutes before having to move Mendeln into Rathma is no problem.

I have a few issues such as:
1. Failing to move Mendeln into Rathma in time, most times this is because Mendeln likes to get stuck in a corner, I am unsure how to unstuck him even with placing a summon on the other side, it seems like I just end up cornering him. (see )
2. Dying to the dark blast that puts you at 1 hp, if you get hit by this, due to the amount of damage going around at least my character is a for sure death, this only happened a few times at the start and my movement is better to avoid this now.
3. Moving Mendeln into Rathma too early, usually by accident because once he is there, it can be hard to move him out before he gets blasted.

Does anyone have some pro tips on how to succeeded this fight more often than not? as I said, I used to be able to farm this consistently, I obviously found a way to do it to almost perfection, but I can't remember how I did it since that's like 4 years ago now.

Thanks in advance.
wewenako19
Balrog
121 | 0
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR_AN- ... nsg/videos , try this bro hit like and subscribe to his channel
misscarriage
Cultist
20 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I farmed the trophy in this uber this season, so I could give you some advice:

1. Once Rathma is low on hp but not quite low enough for you to bring Mendeln over to him, just leave Mendeln alone. When you're ready to finish the fight and you go back to get Mendeln, he shouldn't be touching any walls. Teleport behind him, and he will go in the opposite direction.

2. You shouldn't get hit by this often, but if you do, what worked for me was immediately chugging pots and dropping aggro - tho I still died a couple times here and there.

3. Even though a lot of poeple will tell you otherwise, I don't think it's good to let Mendeln close to Rathma on purpose until the end of the fight. This way, if you lose control of him he won't die out of nowhere, because he needs to get hit 5 times. If he gets close to Rathma don't run up because you will most likely die, just spam summons on top of him until he's far enough for you to put him back in a corner.

Also, slow works on both of them and it's really helpful.

Side note - I had no idea Mendeln could drop trophy frags until I got 2 of them from Rathma, so if you're farming this for the trophy just kill Mendeln and restart
wewenako19
Balrog
121 | 0
misscarriage wrote:I farmed the trophy in this uber this season, so I could give you some advice:

1. Once Rathma is low on hp but not quite low enough for you to bring Mendeln over to him, just leave Mendeln alone. When you're ready to finish the fight and you go back to get Mendeln, he shouldn't be touching any walls. Teleport behind him, and he will go in the opposite direction.

2. You shouldn't get hit by this often, but if you do, what worked for me was immediately chugging pots and dropping aggro - tho I still died a couple times here and there.

3. Even though a lot of poeple will tell you otherwise, I don't think it's good to let Mendeln close to Rathma on purpose until the end of the fight. This way, if you lose control of him he won't die out of nowhere, because he needs to get hit 5 times. If he gets close to Rathma don't run up because you will most likely die, just spam summons on top of him until he's far enough for you to put him back in a corner.

Side note - I had no idea Mendeln could drop trophy frags until I got 2 of them from Rathma, so if you're farming this for the trophy just kill Mendeln and restart

is it true that i just need kill mendelyn to get trophy fragment i though i need to kill them both?
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
wewenako19 wrote:
misscarriage wrote:I farmed the trophy in this uber this season, so I could give you some advice:

is it true that i just need kill mendelyn to get trophy fragment i though i need to kill them both?

You don't need to kill Rathma, Mendeln also drops fragments. Easiest trophy to farm - just kill Mendeln fast and restart.
wewenako19
Balrog
121 | 0
ILoseControl wrote:
wewenako19 wrote:

You don't need to kill Rathma, Mendeln also drops fragments. Easiest trophy to farm - just kill Mendeln fast and restart.

thanks for tips bro appreciate it , bcoz killing them both kinda exhausting and time consuming
Avoid
Stone Warrior
31 | 1

Thanks for the advice I appreciate it, but I just can't see how this can be done 100% of the time, pretty sure his AI changed since I played last.

I just did 3 runs and all 3 runs ended the same way, Mendeln getting stuck in a corner/wall, the first run today he was up a wall. I tried to move him, but he just keeps sticking to the wall, 2nd run same thing but I tried to bait him with summons and try to sandwich him, and here this third run I tried to do what you said, and just "leave him alone" which btw I did most of the fight, but he more often than not ends up in a corner.

Watch these 2 minutes of him just sitting in a corner/up against a wall, what can I do? If I moved him up, he would keep hugging the wall, if I moved him down he would still be stuck in a corner.

How ever I did find a "cheese" method which enables you to basically go AFK during the 18min~ of which Mendeln damages Rathma, this seems to take slightly longer than if you were to just run around, maybe 3 minutes more.

This time instead I started moving Mendeln into the middle way earlier, around the 35% mark so I had plenty of time to finally get him out, this is probably the best, but looking at literally everyone else's video, they always moved Mendeln in when Rathma was at 2-3% but this only works if Mendeln is not stuck in a damn corner :D

Also there seems to be another bug, which I lost a few attempts at, if you place your portal at the very top on the stairs, you cannot enter that portal. I know this now and I now only place the portal there when the 15 minute lockout has happened to not have the portal interfere with my movement.

Here is the cheese + kill:
Edited by Avoid 3 years.
Fululf
Gravedigger
196 | 11
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Avoid wrote:

Thanks for the advice, but I just can't see how this can be done 100% of the time, pretty sure his AI changed since I played last; just did 3 runs and all 3 runs ended the same way, Mendeln getting stuck in a corner/wall, the first run today he was up a wall. I tried to move him, but he just keeps sticking to the wall, 2nd run same thing but I tried to bait him with summons and try to sandwich him, and here this third run I tried to do what you said, and just "leave him alone" which btw I did most of the fight, but he more often than not ends up in a corner.

Watch these 2 minutes of him just sitting in a corner/up against a wall, what can I do? If I moved him up, he would keep hugging the wall, if I moved him down he would still be stuck in a corner.

How ever I did find a "cheese" method which enables you to basically go AFK during the 18min~ of which Mendeln damages Rathma, this seems to take slightly longer than if you were to just run around, maybe 3 minutes more.

Also there seems to be another bug, which I lost a few attempts at, if you place the portal at the very top on the stairs, you cannot retake that portal. I know this now and I now only place the portal there when the 15 minute lockout has happened to not have the portal interfere with my movement.

Here is the cheese + kill:

I'm by no means great at this fight (or even good for that matter), but I think u had plenty of opportunity to prevent him from going into the western corner.
If u tele west of him, he will move to the northeast. Summon something in front of him while u are behind and he will move out on the map. This has worked for me, but it's not always easy to get him unstuck if he really sits in the corner and u cant tele to a side to make him move away.
U seem to be patient about the boss though, so Im sure u will be getting consistent kills very soon :D
Hopefully u see my point and hf gl ;D
Avoid
Stone Warrior
31 | 1
Yeah I get your point and thanks!

In the video was my attempt at just leaving him be, I already tried to actively move him out in the open with summons & my character, which seems random at best.

The best method seems to keep him out in the open very early on to ensure he doesn't get stuck, but I don't see others do this, everyone else's video attempt just happens to have Mendeln out in the open, but so far 60-70% of my attempts he ends up in a corner or up against a wall. Sure you can try to push him out, but if you start trying to do this at 2-3% it might be too late.

I'll be trying to do that instead & update the thread on my consistency, thanks again all for the input.
wewenako19
Balrog
121 | 0
i always trap him in the corner the technique is when your close enough to let medeln die to rathma move away from him if his in the top right corner go to bottom or top left corner. w8 till he moves and leave the corner he leaves it bcoz hes finding someone to cast his spell u summon or blink to occupy the corner and push him away.