regarding story/lore of the mod

Discuss Median XL!
plookey78
Destroyer
7 | 0
So i have competed a decent amount of endgame content added by this mod to get an impression that the characters and places fit into the lore of diablo series but the story of you getting to them and interacting with them is somehow nonexistent. Does the character you play have some kind of special time travel powers that can teleport to random timelines to kill those characters for no apparent reason, except to get their loot ofc.?
Im not complaining or anything but just wondering if i missed something or is there some hidden meaning to everything you do after you defeat the baal that i've not yet discovered.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Every entry of the rifts and dungeons pages has a lore and strategy section in which many of the possible inconsistencies are adressed while giving some lore context regarding the ubers you're gonna explore: DungeonsRifts
Just keep in mind that some constraints came into play in the lore writing phase (bigger of which was text lenght limitations), so maybe not all your questions might find an answer but most of them probably should. Also I had to consider the original official lore-base to be known for the most part, due to the aforementioned limitations, so do not expect everything to be flashed out. Don't mind the typos if you find any