Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Crosby4HyG wrote:I wanted to resurrect this thread briefly. I still plan to play Non Ladder for the foreseeable future, as do several of my friends. My reasons are at the beginning of this thread. Are there any development plans on the horizon that could require another full realm wipe? I'd really like to know about these plans sooner than later from the dev team if at all possible. Thanks for making such a great mod, 2.0 has been awesome thus far.

You should always expect that eventually there will be another wipe. As the devs make progress on the game, big changes that make previous items/skills/etc incompatible with new updates are inevitable. There have been many wipes in the past and likely to be many more in the future. You'll know when to expect them as soon as the rest of the community knows.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I play SP mostly, with occasional ladder (early season, then usually switch to SP or do something else with my time). I hope SP won't be removed, as some people seemed to suggest that they "wouldn't mind".

I like to play as many characters/builds as possible and ladder doesn't make that viable. Mainly I like to try them and see how far they can get in the game.

SP gives me the chance to skip the grindy parts of the game, like collecting 400 signets in an area I only want be in for 5 character levels (Torajan Jungles). Or getting a heap of arcane crystals for some boring jewelcrafting. Even jewelcrafting itself can be partly skipped over, or at least minimised.

I can see some point in these activities being time consuming for ladder, if it's assumed that everyone on ladder is there to take part in "the race", but in SP they just get in the way. Basically, I know I can do them, so I want to quickly get to the parts of the game where there might be a challenge.

TL;DR. Basically there are lots of ways to save time across multiple characters and builds in SP that fit better with what I want to do with the game.

I might feel differently about ladder if there were sensible ways to team up with people who want to do the same thing in the game as I do at a given moment in time, but it seems ladder is most enjoyable for those who can play with people they already know in real life.

I find it hard to believe that SP is not popular. I seem to remember reading a forum post a couple of years ago saying that SP was the bigger community.
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jammy wrote:
Crosby4HyG wrote:I wanted to resurrect this thread briefly. I still plan to play Non Ladder for the foreseeable future, as do several of my friends. My reasons are at the beginning of this thread. Are there any development plans on the horizon that could require another full realm wipe? I'd really like to know about these plans sooner than later from the dev team if at all possible. Thanks for making such a great mod, 2.0 has been awesome thus far.

You should always expect that eventually there will be another wipe. As the devs make progress on the game, big changes that make previous items/skills/etc incompatible with new updates are inevitable. There have been many wipes in the past and likely to be many more in the future. You'll know when to expect them as soon as the rest of the community knows.

I do understand that change is inevitable, the 2.0 wipe was necessary for obvious reasons. I'm more asking about the relative short term. I.e. are there current talks among the devs that implementing TSW shared stash in the upcoming patch might require a realm wipe?

I ask this question because 99% of median players aren't affected by realm wipes (most play ladder), so it's I think much easier to overlook realm wipes as not a huge deal on the collective whole. It makes a huge difference to a small percentage of us though. The wait time between Sigma release and 2.0 was roughly 3 years I think. I'm just trying to get a sense on whether that's the kind of wait that the devs are planning before the next big realm reset. Thanks!
Jammy
Mangler
480 | 126
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Crosby4HyG wrote:
Jammy wrote:

I do understand that change is inevitable, the 2.0 wipe was necessary for obvious reasons. I'm more asking about the relative short term. I.e. are there current talks among the devs that implementing TSW shared stash in the upcoming patch might require a realm wipe?

I ask this question because 99% of median players aren't affected by realm wipes (most play ladder), so it's I think much easier to overlook realm wipes as not a huge deal on the collective whole. It makes a huge difference to a small percentage of us though. The wait time between Sigma release and 2.0 was roughly 3 years I think. I'm just trying to get a sense on whether that's the kind of wait that the devs are planning before the next big realm reset. Thanks!

I see. There has been no talk as of now that another wipe is coming anytime soon. That may change tho, so just keep an eye out.