Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
this ladder im playing amazon and it appears that now the holy bolts that appear during the final fight in the void drain life like the eternal ghosts used to. without any specific setup this is pretty much deadly. the bolts will hit only a few seconds after entering the area and then they will drain hp to 1 and any attack will finish me. clearly this is very disruptive so...

what strategies did you find to counter this problem and is there one that works for amazon as well?
xzmnick
Abomination
153 | 0
TG?
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
That's not a big deal if you're talking about autoaiming white holy bolts used by Mendeln, however burn damage from the invisible traps is really high. Good amount of replenish life and full belt of potions are definitely helps there.

On the other hand, Rathma's abilities are way more dangerous in my opinion, especially his lingering AoE nova. And of course don't forget Mendeln's AI, he really tends to commit suicide way too early.

Not sure about the specific strategy for amazon, but basics remained almost the same: get high AR, 100% OW, some sort of WDM skill to apply OW (preferably AoE, easy to use and not melee), target slow. Apparently now you can't reliably get your life back (no skellies) and you need to move all the time (explosive zombies and nova spam from Rathma).

From my personal experience, this fight is slightly harder now than it used to be. Keep in mind, I'm playing SP, so I'm not sure about possible desyncs, lag issues etc.
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
ok void i dont actually understand why the life drain happens exactly but i was talking to blehh and potato and they mentioned it might be that there are invisible traps in the arena that will trigger this degen. I was doing the fight intially with a 0 def/ 0 flat def caster setup and it was extremely painful even with 90 psn/fire res and like 11k life i was just getting obliterated by the degen. I got fed up with it respecced to my wdm gear setup and farmed a bit then attempted void with this gear. I have like 3k less life than my caster gear but i have capped block and a lot of flat dr. I dont think block does anything to help in the fight since as far as i can tell the abilities are all spells but flat dr (ie what you can mo on rings) seems to work. The fight was sooo much easier wtih my wdm setup. i think that if you were going to try to itemize for the fight to farm a bunch of charms id use a lot of magic res items (some su diadem/heavy boots/tu bone shield) then the rest id make quiet crafts and make sure i can roll some flat dr on them. Try to get at least a few pieces with flat DR and tell me if it makes the fight seem easier when i did the fight i didnt bother with any specific magic res crap and it was fine, I would only waste time buying these items if you plan on farming/selling a lot of charms. Like i said I dont completely understand whats going on so this is just my experience.

edit since im a nooblord i think slow is also super worth using
Void
Void
Weapons

'Sur'
Runeword Level: 75
Adds 7-13 Damage
+(58 to 72)% Enhanced Damage
Slow Target 20%
Regenerate Mana +15%
Cold Resist +40%
Physical Damage Reduced by (11 to 15)
+(3 to 5) Mana on Striking
2% Reanimate as: Random Monster
weapon+ triune charm makes controlling mendel and rathma much simpler
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
play barb max snake stance for slow, max vita for 40k hp, use fortress win win win
candyland
Azure Drake
168 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
void seems hard
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
candyland wrote:void seems hard

Void was way harder before (XVI and earlier), except the last fight of course. Eternal Ghosts no longer shoots projectiles with burning damage, even Soul of Pride get nerfed, though Soul of Wrath is still there :mrgreen:
candyland
Azure Drake
168 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
SwineFlu wrote:Void was way harder before (XVI and earlier), except the last fight of course. Eternal Ghosts no longer shoots projectiles with burning damage, even Soul of Pride get nerfed, though Soul of Wrath is still there :mrgreen:

wow man , can you tell me more ? i cant get past scroll of envy
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
candyland wrote:
SwineFlu wrote:

Void was way harder before (XVI and earlier), except the last fight of course. Eternal Ghosts no longer shoots projectiles with burning damage, even Soul of Pride get nerfed, though Soul of Wrath is still there :mrgreen:

wow man , can you tell me more ? i cant get past scroll of envy

Sarcasm? 8k TG and 5 hundred posts, I'm pretty sure you are not a new to this game.

Edit: Forget to check registration date. Now I'm definitely sure you are new.
Edited by SwineFlu 6 years.
candyland
Azure Drake
168 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
SwineFlu wrote:Sarcasm? 8k TG and 5 hundred posts, I'm pretty sure you are not a new to this game.

iam new