Discuss Median XL!
adamo68
Abomination
147 | 57
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Howdy I am currently running Stormclash on my Druid and I had a few points laying around. My Reward skill I took was Force of Nature. When I increased the level from 1 to 10; the damage on my character screen and tooltip for stormcrash did NOT increase.

Could someone please explain to me how Force of Nature is intended to work, or is this a bug? Thank you so much!
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
adamo68 wrote:Howdy I am currently running Stormclash on my Druid and I had a few points laying around. My Reward skill I took was Force of Nature. When I increased the level from 1 to 10; the damage on my character screen and tooltip for stormcrash did NOT increase.

Could someone please explain to me how Force of Nature is intended to work, or is this a bug? Thank you so much!

FoN gives you Str Factor to Spell Damage. The granted Value is only affected by the slvl ans has big dimisnishing returns. it caps out in the high 700s low 800 range for SF. This Stat only increases your Spell Synergy by actually having a decent amount of Str and is capped at 200% anyways.
So you did not got any damage/ only low damage increase cause the low SF gain together with your current str value probably did not actually increased your Spell Synergy.

For some more details you can have a look into my Spell Damage guide
It is not up to date on all buffing skills but the FoN table and the overall calculation is still valid
snowbird
Core Lord
359 | 79
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Unholy armor should make me invulnerable but i still take some damage from kabraxis green strike and quite big damage from anomly's same attack
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
snowbird wrote:Unholy armor should make me invulnerable but i still take some damage from kabraxis green strike and quite big damage from anomly's same attack

unholy armor/sacred armor hasn't made invulnerable since sigma started
snowbird
Core Lord
359 | 79
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Crash wrote:
snowbird wrote:Unholy armor should make me invulnerable but i still take some damage from kabraxis green strike and quite big damage from anomly's same attack

?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
snowbird wrote:
Crash wrote:

?

if it says you become invulnerable with unholy armor active, but you still take damage, then you aren't invulnerable :-]
snowbird
Core Lord
359 | 79
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Crash wrote:
snowbird wrote:
Crash wrote:

?

if it says you become invulnerable with unholy armor active, but you still take damage, then you aren't invulnerable :-]

actually i can ignore all sammy attacks while its up xD only those two deal damage on me. I assume its because the amount of incoming damage is too huge, cause they deal less damage while the armor is up anyways.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
its poison damage
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Some feedback from a person I tried converting to the median faith:

- the game still looks bad, despite the higher resolution.

My opinion on that: I don't mind an older look if the gameplay is right. I do have to agree though that the current highest resolution isn't quite HD. There are ways to increase it beyond the current point, as D2Multires proves. According to this modder here it's possible if you change the UI. However, the interface is already different compared to standard Diablo 2. So was this in the back of your head when you reshaped the UI? Is there anything related to a higher resolution in the works to make the game more appealing to new players that are scared off by the old-fashioned looks of this game?

- Early game balance is off.

My opinion on that: We started out on TSW and I suggested a cold sorc to him, while playing a claw sin myself. Unfortunately, I died when he went AFK in the Underground passage normal (totally my fault, since I wasn't used to the upgraded HP of enemies with more players in the game and let myself get swarmed with those poison zombies, while being unable to kill the enemies fast enough with the starter weapon) while he 1-shotted everything with his frozen nova skill with 1 point invested.

Well, we didn't even reach act 2, where the fun begins, because he was bored that quickly from 1-shotting everything. And to this day we haven't played Median again.

On a different note: Please, really, please, fix the mercenary revival bug in act 1. I just started median for the first time in about 2 months to continue my Death Shards necromancer, and wanted to start the first ubers. Managed the first 2 easier than other characters I tried so far, then headed to andariel. VK died too quickly against her despite maxed Death Pact and Iron Golem (I was suggested VK is the perfect tank. But it seems he still need lots of investment... Iron Golem died within seconds, too and this huge cooldown on Iron Golem is quite ridiculous actually. (would be great to reduce it to 5 seconds) And at last, my mercenary died after tanking andariel for 20 seconds. I went to town after taking about 7-9 minutes to bring andariel down to 20%, because for some reason even though my hit rate against Andariel is 90%, while only 65% against the butcher, the butcher was hit a lot more often than andariel with Death shards. Then I went to Kashya, misclicked. Pewpewpew. Merc can't be revived in this game anymore. This is so frustrating, so excuse me if I'm venting my steam. Either I do the absolutely useless Q2, that wastes time and gives nothing at all except a fix for a bug and gives andariel eventually enough time to regenerate to 100% again, or restart the game to begin with, all while wasting huge amounts of gold to revive the merc over and over again every 20 seconds. That bug was such a bummer that I instantly lost all interest in the game again. It'll probably be a few weeks to months until my desire to play the game again starts getting back...
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
ParticuLarry wrote:Some feedback from a person I tried converting to the median faith:

- the game still looks bad, despite the higher resolution.

My opinion on that: I don't mind an older look if the gameplay is right. I do have to agree though that the current highest resolution isn't quite HD. There are ways to increase it beyond the current point, as D2Multires proves. According to this modder here it's possible if you change the UI. However, the interface is already different compared to standard Diablo 2. So was this in the back of your head when you reshaped the UI? Is there anything related to a higher resolution in the works to make the game more appealing to new players that are scared off by the old-fashioned looks of this game?

- Early game balance is off.

My opinion on that: We started out on TSW and I suggested a cold sorc to him, while playing a claw sin myself. Unfortunately, I died when he went AFK in the Underground passage normal (totally my fault, since I wasn't used to the upgraded HP of enemies with more players in the game and let myself get swarmed with those poison zombies, while being unable to kill the enemies fast enough with the starter weapon) while he 1-shotted everything with his frozen nova skill with 1 point invested.

Well, we didn't even reach act 2, where the fun begins, because he was bored that quickly from 1-shotting everything. And to this day we haven't played Median again.

On a different note: Please, really, please, fix the mercenary revival bug in act 1. I just started median for the first time in about 2 months to continue my Death Shards necromancer, and wanted to start the first ubers. Managed the first 2 easier than other characters I tried so far, then headed to andariel. VK died too quickly against her despite maxed Death Pact and Iron Golem (I was suggested VK is the perfect tank. But it seems he still need lots of investment... Iron Golem died within seconds, too and this huge cooldown on Iron Golem is quite ridiculous actually. (would be great to reduce it to 5 seconds) And at last, my mercenary died after tanking andariel for 20 seconds. I went to town after taking about 7-9 minutes to bring andariel down to 20%, because for some reason even though my hit rate against Andariel is 90%, while only 65% against the butcher, the butcher was hit a lot more often than andariel with Death shards. Then I went to Kashya, misclicked. Pewpewpew. Merc can't be revived in this game anymore. This is so frustrating, so excuse me if I'm venting my steam. Either I do the absolutely useless Q2, that wastes time and gives nothing at all except a fix for a bug and gives andariel eventually enough time to regenerate to 100% again, or restart the game to begin with, all while wasting huge amounts of gold to revive the merc over and over again every 20 seconds. That bug was such a bummer that I instantly lost all interest in the game again. It'll probably be a few weeks to months until my desire to play the game again starts getting back...

A bug that can be fixed in less than 5 minutes completely killed your motivation to play median? ohh boy. I don't even bother with a merc on my chars until im level 115. I do agree on the balance though.