Σ 1.6 Bugs&Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
xxaj1356xx
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Cheno wrote:Are you sure this is the right game for you? Doesn't sound like you enjoy it.

Right for me? I've been playing ARPG's for years.

A good game? Somewhat - but too flawed at the same time. A game where you steamroll through everything and then out of nowhere, die to something in a regular monster pack that is extremely overpowered (and that's before even getting into the bosses :roll: ) is just comedy at that point.

It was better pre-sigma, but you're right - it's not an enjoyable game - it's become comical at this point and trying way too hard to be a mishmosh of PoE (random insta-kills, although on a much lesser scale in PoE) and D3 (make the numbers bigger!).

Good luck everyone - uninstalled.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Sounds like you are just running in head first into enemies with a squishy build. This game is not made for toddlers to just rightclick your way to victory like poe, you have to use your brain.
Edited by Istaryu 3 years.
xxaj1356xx
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Istaryu wrote:Sounds like you are just running in head first into enemies with a squishy build. This game is not made for toddlers to just rightclick your way to victory, you have to use your brain.

I have far too many better things to do in life than to study to play a video game, or spend hours trying to figure out some secret combo of gear/skill spam that works for each insta-death.

Priorities, my friend. Have a nice weekend ;)
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Been a while since I've used Ecstatic Frenzy, but I don't recall having negative defense with it, just 0. Is this normal or a recent bug?

Sandraptor
Vampiress
39 | 6
xxaj1356xx wrote:
Istaryu wrote:Sounds like you are just running in head first into enemies with a squishy build. This game is not made for toddlers to just rightclick your way to victory, you have to use your brain.

I have far too many better things to do in life than to study to play a video game, or spend hours trying to figure out some secret combo of gear/skill spam that works for each insta-death.

If it's not fun, don't play it. I died a million times to nightmare baal, got through it by dying over and over with two friends who were playing with me til baal finally died. Then I realized I didn't put the mystic orbs on my gear which looking back would have helped me tons. I got a few charms in early hell mode and made some crafts with the shrines I found and all the sudden my character was stronger. But if it wasn't fun for me I'd just uninstall so I think you're on the right track. My char has died just under 1,300 times in 2 weeks and I'm still having a blast :bounce:
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Sandraptor wrote:
xxaj1356xx wrote:

If it's not fun, don't play it. I died a million times to nightmare baal, got through it by dying over and over with two friends who were playing with me til baal finally died. Then I realized I didn't put the mystic orbs on my gear which looking back would have helped me tons. I got a few charms in early hell mode and made some crafts with the shrines I found and all the sudden my character was stronger. But if it wasn't fun for me I'd just uninstall so I think you're on the right track. My char has died just under 1,300 times in 2 weeks and I'm still having a blast :bounce:

I've seen it plenty of times with new players who stream their median gameplay , at some point there's a wall and the wall hits really hard. They don't know what to do, they don't know where to find information and sometimes, they do know where to find the information and they basically still won't read. Something that stuck with me, was when a fairly big streamer called Day9 played command and conquer remastered, he failed a mission because he didn't read the mission description. His response was that the reason why many games today have big, floating mission pointers, is because players overall trends towards not reading anything. I think to some degree, median suffers from it's own success, in a way, people don't treat the game differently but you kinda have to. The guy you replied to sent me all of his tg, so I assume that he really is done.
xxaj1356xx
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Cheno wrote:
I've seen it plenty of times with new players who stream their median gameplay , at some point there's a wall and the wall hits really hard. They don't know what to do, they don't know where to find information and sometimes, they do know where to find the information and they basically still won't read. Something that stuck with me, was when a fairly big streamer called Day9 played command and conquer remastered, he failed a mission because he didn't read the mission description. His response was that the reason why many games today have big, floating mission pointers, is because players overall trends towards not reading anything. I think to some degree, median suffers from it's own success, in a way, people don't treat the game differently but you kinda have to. The guy you replied to sent me all of his tg, so I assume that he really is done.

I haven't "quit" so to speak, but rather just approaching with the credit/mentality due - this is a comical attempt to merge Diablo 3, Path of Exile and old school puzzle-type mechanics into the same game and as expected, it's just one big field of landmines/seizures on screen with insta-deaths hidden throughout. I guess if that boosts the dev's ego or something, have a blast (-:

Like I said - it's not my hundreds of hours put into a project that has been completely cheapened by artificial difficulty through cheap shots and gotchas. If I invested that much time into something, I wouldn't perpetually release it with catastrophic flaws (unless that was the entire reason because my fragile ego needed a boost by seeing how many times I can kill the player :lol: )

You seemed decent enough, so I figured it best to give the TG to you because I just don't take this game seriously at all anymore and have only traded like one time back when the frozen orb set was new or something like that. Back before this game became an abomination, I actually did donate $10 to it now that I recall and am being totally honest/transparent - that's where my gold came from I believe. Never again though - my monthly donations now go to a mod which will remain unnamed that actually was built intelligently.
Flare
Fallen
1 | 0
Is there a way to turn off the "Nuclear Launch Detected" sound effect from the Assassin's Beacon skill? I'm playing an assassin for the first time, and I'd really like that move speed buff, but I think I'm actually going insane hearing "nuclear launch detected" every 20 seconds.

I tried deleting the .wav file itself, as well as just replacing it with a less obnoxious sound, but both methods prompt me to reinstall Median. I'm assuming the median client looks at the checksum of MXL.mpq or something, but I'm very sad :(
Birimbau
Sasquatch
68 | 4
Jitan's gate + werewolf. Fix this broken mechanic by making this skill to cost no mana. Whenever I want to teleport to make a shortcut or fix my merc position I have to turn off werewolf form, wait for 200 mana and teleport.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Found a bug doing Valthek:
When you have Yshari belt equipped (Bartuc's Blood - Mana Belt), clicking the equipped belt up while it's filled with potions will not send potions in your inventory like it would other belts. The potions remain in the belt slot (you can drink 4 per row), however if you hover with your mouse to your belt slot, they aren't brought up (invisible).

So if you need to fill invent quickly, you need to go to swap to another belt, fill up invent from vendor, then re-equip Yshari belt.

This bug makes the game COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY UNPLAYABLE! Think about those poor, tiny little potions, stuck in the belt against their will. They only want to go to inventory.