Loaded, Comprehensive Feedback on Median XL S25 and Onwards

Discuss Median XL!
acekard
Acid Prince
49 | 4
Chaossound wrote:
Mehasto wrote:
Chaossound wrote:I had no clue that TG actually had a fee to sell something, why? We already payed you for the TG, or someopne has. Why are you double dipping, if you're that hard up for money just increase the prices be honest and upfront with the costs of TG, the closest thing I can compare to this is D2JSP and they have never charged a "sales tax" on anything anyone has sold, it seems like a dishonest practice, as someone who is just starting in Median this really discourages me from buying any TG or bothering with the market period as I don't know the economics of the items. It also means that if you don't start by BUYing TG you can't even sell anything. Which further discourages new players from using it.

I agree that the fees do get a bit high for a new player.

Getting to know the market has been made a lot easier as you can search for the item and see a sales history sheet - very handy.

About having to buy TG - don’t agree. There’s always a market for sigs, ACs etc. - which can be grinded.

You can't sell on the market without having TG in the first place, so how are you supposed to sell if you have no TG to begin with?

at the start of each season everyone can easily make couple hundred TG per 1-2 hours by running non-stop nihlatak and sellings sigs and ACS. yes, it's boring and repetitive but if you really need tg you can do it. you can also always sell shrines. I would suggest joining discord channel, almost everyone who actively trades is using it so no point in not doing so.
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
CallMeCrazySam wrote:
Chaossound wrote:...

>remove auction fee
>every single item is sold on auction, good or bad
>have to sort through 8465132 items to find one that is auction worthy

no thnx

its literally only to discourage people from auctioning every single item and flooding that interface, auction should be for items that are.. you know.. auction worthy?

nothing is stopping people from selling through discord/trade topics and nothing is taken from those sales which is much more akin to d2jsp

Not to mention that there is ever increasing inflation of the currency, due to people donation for TG. If you don't remove the amount in circulation or do anything to keep the value steady, prices will increase over time.

Chaossound wrote:
Mehasto wrote:
Chaossound wrote:I had no clue that TG actually had a fee to sell something, why? We already payed you for the TG, or someopne has. Why are you double dipping, if you're that hard up for money just increase the prices be honest and upfront with the costs of TG, the closest thing I can compare to this is D2JSP and they have never charged a "sales tax" on anything anyone has sold, it seems like a dishonest practice, as someone who is just starting in Median this really discourages me from buying any TG or bothering with the market period as I don't know the economics of the items. It also means that if you don't start by BUYing TG you can't even sell anything. Which further discourages new players from using it.

I agree that the fees do get a bit high for a new player.

Getting to know the market has been made a lot easier as you can search for the item and see a sales history sheet - very handy.

About having to buy TG - don’t agree. There’s always a market for sigs, ACs etc. - which can be grinded.

You can't sell on the market without having TG in the first place, so how are you supposed to sell if you have no TG to begin with?

Connect with people who made WTB/WTS lists on the forum or in the trading channel on discord? You literally don't have to spend any TG on trading fees, at all. The fee is ONLY for creating auctions, which is why you generally only see more expensive items on auction, because you want people to drive up the price of whatever it is that you have. Nobody will do that if you're just trying to sell 5 shrines, you use the trading section of the forum or discord for that. Example:
Wizardspike
Wizardspike
Dagger (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 37
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 376
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Dexterity)%
-70% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
50% Cast Speed
+(4 to 8) to Trinity Beam
+2 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Maximum Mana +20%
Regenerate Mana +30%
Socketed (2)
is in very high demand, with limited supply, you post that shit on auction so 15 desperate people can fight over it. The fee doesn't matter in that case, cause the competition drove the price up.
partial
Jungle Hunter
28 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
"ninja-nerfed"

it would be cool if the devs never did this ever
partial
Jungle Hunter
28 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
also I don't see the reason characters shouldn't be strong? the challenge in this game is finding enough time to grind everything you want, no need to add needless difficulty and jank mechanics designed to bemuse the player

imo every max level character should faceroll all but the final few encounters with no exceptions

and once that max level character is completely nolife-optimized, it should be able to mostly faceroll everything in the game without question
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1443 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
partial wrote:also I don't see the reason characters shouldn't be strong? the challenge in this game is finding enough time to grind everything you want, no need to add needless difficulty and jank mechanics designed to bemuse the player

But this is what makes mxl different from poe, for example. You can just play poe with your eyes closed because mechanics are a joke there. If you want that, mxl isnt the game for you.

partial wrote:imo every max level character should faceroll all but the final few encounters with no exceptions

and once that max level character is completely nolife-optimized, it should be able to mostly faceroll everything in the game without question

But you can do that. That's one use of effigies and unique mystic orbs. Very few ppl do it, because its very expensive and it serves no purpose. You can check the showcase forum page, im sure you can find some videos there. Also, levels dont mean much, you can be lvl 150 with shitty gear and be weaker than a lvl 130 char with good gear.
Faulk
Djinn
527 | 8
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
partial wrote:also I don't see the reason characters shouldn't be strong? the challenge in this game is finding enough time to grind everything you want, no need to add needless difficulty and jank mechanics designed to bemuse the player

imo every max level character should faceroll all but the final few encounters with no exceptions

The challenge of the game is whatever the devs design it to be. A lot of ppl enjoy the challenge of difficult bosses and rifts.

Just stick to farming if that's not what u enjoy, almost every geared-out build can run fauzt/dunc/teganze easily all while still being able to find top end gear in those zones.

The fact that there is some really tough endgame content doesn't lock you out of facerolling stuff and getting loot, which it sounds like is your preference.
Coephyte
Imp
5 | 0
You cant really consider the lvl125-140 rifts/dungeons/charms as general gamecontent, i suggest you view it as "endgame challenges" instead.
ColoradoVibes
Destroyer
6 | 0
Very long thread and reply chain.

I think that the 10,000 foot view here is that the Documentation Needs Work.

Marco's replies to this thread give me the impression that he sees them different than you do.
So your item thoughts are likely a "cool story bro" type deal. It's whatever. Move on from that.

Push for the wiki to be updated.

You are correct about the veteran players having a massive, massive knowledge advantage.
I don't feel like grinding this game anymore but if I did -- I wouldn't for long.
It sometimes seems futile to keep up whatsoever, as I cannot figure things out on my own.
Elendilli
Djinn
549 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
thread is pretty old but since some of u revived it so i will say a few long things.

First is about people being angry about "veterans having knowledge but won't share!". This isn't always the case unlike those showcase videos where they hide all stats/gear. They are entitled to do that because they are simply using that strategy to their advantage to reap the benefits (tg is one example but not always). If they didn't post a video about it, nobody except a few people would know about it anyways. They have no obligation to share it until they are done with it or feel like sharing it or never sharing it at all. The fact of the matter is, there are several people who have vast amounts of knowledge about the game and don't share not because they want to keep it secret, but rather because there is no incentive for them to share it at all. What exactly would you gain from sharing your wealth of knowledge to others? Nothing. You get dogshit. There is absolutely no incentive to share knowledge other than the self satisfaction of knowing you are helping others at the cost of your own time. It takes so much of your own time to make a guide, to personally help others 1 on 1 explaining X Y and Z mechanics or recieve dms day-in and day-out all for the sake of "helping the community". I know some veterans who spend all their precious time helping people anyway when they could be doing something else with that time (Looking at you Ben-). I personally say fuck that I don't know how Ben- does it but he's a 24/7 helperbot which seems giga troublesome to me (I mean I say "fuck that" that but I keep answering every DM in precise detail too because the people that DM me seem to be passionate about succeeding the game so if you go that far to find me, i'll go just as far but I feel like I'm going to get sick of it eventually/already am a little now). Let these people do whatever the fuck they want on their own time. At the end of the end of the day, it's not their fault for doing what is natural. If you want these "veterans" to cough up knowledge, make guides or whateverthefuck then I suggest you make a petition to ask developers to make it worth their while for them to impart their time and knowledge.

The second thing I wanted to talk about or rather warn people about is to not waste your time climbing Red Rifts 13+ not because it's hard but because it's currently the biggest heaping pile of shit in the game because of awful low rifstone droprates from 13 and onward to unfortunate engine bugs that make Observers deal 17k magic damage (only Whist can fix it) on their ice attack not to mention the increased projectile speed for the same ice attack making it even harder for melee characters to conquer through it. Despite the disadvantages I did make a melee character (Necro) that can reasonably go through 13 and 14 (15 is untested because dropates are kappa) albeit slowly even with all the bullshit but it shouldn't count because in the grand scheme of things the only other melee char can naturally live through that type of garbage is UHM. I think the saddest part is after doing several T13s (11+ completed solos, some on player 2 and 3 but mostly p1) is the 0 tier14 returns. Of course we can say its a combination of bad luck but I went comparing my results to others for a better sample size and although it's not the best method everyone (i aint name dropping unless theyre ok with it) says it's absolute dogshit and i don't know whats going on or why it's not being buffed because im pretty sure people have been saying the same thing since rifts released - buff the goddamn riftstone droprate of 13 and over.

my current character has been sitting in limbo for 2 months because it can do the remaining rifts on paper but what the hell am i supposed to do when i can't get my hands on a 14 or 15 stone to prove it on video? i sat through hundreds of yellows (another reason to not do rifts this is stupid btw) and many reds. i tried really hard not to give up but its actual fucking dogshit. i aint doing rifts SERIOUSLY ever again. rant is over take my somewhat biased feedback or ignore it i don't care anymore
Deathbringer
Sasquatch
66 | 2
Elendilli wrote:The second thing I wanted to talk about or rather warn people about is to not waste your time climbing Red Rifts 13+ not because it's hard but because it's currently the biggest heaping pile of shit in the game because of awful low rifstone droprates from 13 and onward to unfortunate engine bugs that make Observers deal 17k magic damage (only Whist can fix it) on their ice attack not to mention the increased projectile speed for the same ice attack making it even harder for melee characters to conquer through it. Despite the disadvantages I did make a melee character (Necro) that can reasonably go through 13 and 14 (15 is untested because dropates are kappa) albeit slowly even with all the bullshit but it shouldn't count because in the grand scheme of things the only other melee char can naturally live through that type of garbage is UHM. I think the saddest part is after doing several T13s (11+ completed solos, some on player 2 and 3 but mostly p1) is the 0 tier14 returns. Of course we can say its a combination of bad luck but I went comparing my results to others for a better sample size and although it's not the best method everyone (i aint name dropping unless theyre ok with it) says it's absolute dogshit and i don't know whats going on or why it's not being buffed because im pretty sure people have been saying the same thing since rifts released - buff the goddamn riftstone droprate of 13 and over.

my current character has been sitting in limbo for 2 months because it can do the remaining rifts on paper but what the hell am i supposed to do when i can't get my hands on a 14 or 15 stone to prove it on video? i sat through hundreds of yellows (another reason to not do rifts this is stupid btw) and many reds. i tried really hard not to give up but its actual fucking dogshit. i aint doing rifts SERIOUSLY ever again. rant is over take my somewhat biased feedback or ignore it i don't care anymore

This so much, honestly the rift system made me actually quit this game I loved for so long. I really wanted to enjoy Median but the fact I can only get tier 1 riftstones from farming any other zone than rifts makes me really hate them, I tried farming rifts only for once with my UHM, managed to get to t13 iirc and then it went only for worse, of course many will say that you weren't farming long enough blah blah but it is really true, t12+ riftstones really drop at a very low rate.

Secondly, the pressure is passively enforced on my mind (just my feelings, people are different and I realise that) that labyrinth IS the actual endgame with deimoss being the hardest boss to get to and to kill and effigies enabling your build to push even further drop only from there so not doing it makes me feel like I lose some possibilities and have to trade in order to get those endgame effigies or dimensional key but holy shit it's so bad regarding late tiers that I don't want to even try facing that challenge because I realise I might be farming for tens of hours and not get anything and be left with shitty yellow riftstones or even green ones.

That's only my 5 cents and people might have different views on it but I think it should be taken into consideration on how that rift system works for now and whether should it be reworked or not because in its current iteration it really hurts to farm there.