Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Hello everyone.

I finally found a way to calculate the Minion life cap. And even created an excel table (open office) for that purpose. You can go ahead and download it right now from my attachment or you can let me explain first what the table actually shows.

First of all: I tested out the minion life of every necromancer minion by unequipping all charms and all of my gear and thus using the base values of the minion HP at skilllevel 1. Luckily I found a T5
Fauztin's Visage
Fauztin's Visage
Field Plate (4)

Defense: 268 to 540
Required Level: 11
Required Strength: 32
Item Level: 19
+(11 to 20)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(6 to 10)% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+50% Enhanced Defense
+250 Defense vs. Melee
+50 to Life
Poison Length Reduced by (21 to 25)%
Physical Resist 1%
Socketed (2)
Defense: 890 to 1668
Required Level: 37
Required Strength: 63
Item Level: 36
+(21 to 30)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(11 to 15)% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+100% Enhanced Defense
+500 Defense vs. Melee
+100 to Life
Poison Length Reduced by (31 to 35)%
Physical Resist 2%
Socketed (4)
Defense: 2232 to 4107
Required Level: 61
Required Strength: 219
Item Level: 59
+(31 to 40)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(16 to 20)% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+150% Enhanced Defense
+750 Defense vs. Melee
+175 to Life
Poison Length Reduced by (41 to 45)%
Physical Resist 3%
Socketed (5)
Defense: 3642 to 6678
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 438
Item Level: 85
+(41 to 50)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(21 to 25)% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+200% Enhanced Defense
+1000 Defense vs. Melee
+250 to Life
Poison Length Reduced by (46 to 50)%
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (6)
and got 25% minion life on it, so it was perfect for testing purposes.

I wrote in the table the Base life without any +minion hp bonus, then I added the 25% minion life and wrote down the value that is shown in the game. Afterwards I calculated the Life that the skill should show. Afterwards I took both the the shown life and the calculated life, substracted the the base life from both and then devided the shown life and the calculated life.

So: Multiplier = (Shown life - base life) /(calculated life - base life)

Since this is very inaccurate at low values I tried it out with 3 different + minion hp percentages to get the best and most accurate result.

What's very interesting is the fact that different summons have different Multipliers. For example Lamias and Rampagors have the same multiplier, but Skeletal Flayers have a different multiplier.

Afterwards I used this multiplier to find out the base HP (for each minion it's seperate) which I needed in order to find out how much life your summons actually have.
Base HP= shown HP/(minion life bonus in % x Multiplier)

Now in order to find out the real HP value of your minions if your skeletal flayer Aura is active we add 50% of the base HP of the minions to your minion HP to find out the actual HP your minions have while skeletal Flayer aura is active.

Minion HP with SF aura= Your minion HP /(Your minion HP % bonus*0,5)

Those are the formulas I used. Please be aware that I used the multiplier values from the 3rd round with 316% minion life and +0 to any skills in order to have the most accurate results.

So what do you need in order to calculate it on your own special case?

Just download the file, and enter in the correct column (the names of the minions are at the top) the life that is shown, and the bonus to minion life of ALL your items. Make sure to add the bonus of "Embalming" to it as well. So if your equipment has + 500% minion life and Embalming has + 100%, you actually have + 600% minion life.

Then you can find out how much life your rampagors for example truely have if you used Skeletal Flayers

So why should you use this calculation?

easy. You can simply add the %minion life of jewels to the calculations before equiping it. The only requirement is to have the same +skills all the time though since +skills change the base HP.

But how did I find out the cap is 90k?

I tested it out. I used a different staff and more +minion life jewels. That way I got to 997% minion life and my rampagors had 88672 life. They died in act 2 rocky waste 1 hit to any attack. The amount of life shown in my table is 90463 if you add those 2 values. Enemies in destruction do at least 500 damage as explained here. That means the cap is 90 k or at least very close to it.

Well, that's as far as my calculations can go.

It took me 2 days to create this easy thing (due to calculation errors :D) so you can at least give me an upvote if this was helpful to you ;)

Thank you for your attention and I hope devs can confirm this.
xzmnick
Abomination
153 | 0
Didn't whist provide all caps elsewhere?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
xzmnick wrote:Didn't whist provide all caps elsewhere?

Well, the last time I checked and searched for "minion cap" "minion cap life" "minion rollover life" "minion rollover" and "minion life" I didn't get a result for a cap for minion life for this current patch.
I even made a topicconcerning minion life and resist to find out what the cap is, but I didn't get an answer concerning that. I only found out that the math behind the minion life is tricky, which is why it depends on your gear when the rollover will take place. That's why I created this table so everyone can go ahead and calculate when the rollover will happen for their current gear.

If my math is correct ofc.
Spinaker
Thunder Beetle
55 | 2
Hi HechHeftig,

Thank you for the commitment in calculating all of these, great work. However could you save the file in .xlsx as well (maybe .xls even in addition)? For those with older Excel version, your file may / may not include your formulas inside the currently attached file.

Also wanted to ask: I asume this minion cap does not work if you have maxed Embalming & all minions skill lvl 1? How the things go when you have ~500-700% minions life and the skillplan i just mentioned?

Also: How the thing is with Jinn minion? I don't see it included in the data. I find it worst minion from all when it comes down to surviving anything but fire dmg.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Spinaker wrote:Hi HechHeftig,

Thank you for the commitment in calculating all of these, great work. However could you save the file in .xlsx as well (maybe .xls even in addition)? For those with older Excel version, your file may / may not include your formulas inside the currently attached file.

Also wanted to ask: I asume this minion cap does not work if you have maxed Embalming & all minions skill lvl 1? How the things go when you have ~500-700% minions life and the skillplan i just mentioned?

Also: How the thing is with Jinn minion? I don't see it included in the data. I find it worst minion from all when it comes down to surviving anything but fire dmg.

Hello, I'm sorry I didn't see that you responded in this topic.

I put an .xls file in the attachement. However, I can't make it a .xlsx file. Open office doesn't support it.

For your skillplan: it really depends how many +skills you have. Remember that a smaxed Embalming also increases your +%minion life. So having 700% minion life means you actually have 845% if you get 145% from Embalming.
Taem
Necrobot
2474 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
That is indeed very good information to have. Would be nice to see this added to D2 stats in the future. I was asked about minion life several times when I made a summoner guide, but I never did any legwork for it. Good detective work!
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Is it really worth the trouble? In Sigma this will be fixed anyway.
Mason_Jar
Thunder Beetle
59 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
HechtHeftig, I downloaded Office 365, and your file. I'm not exactly the most perceptive or fast learning person out there. I'm a little confused at what I'm looking at. I see where to enter the numbers, but I'm a little overwhelmed with all of the data on this page.

So I have 749% to minion HP, I enter that value in on the 2nd green line, and when I hover over the minion life in game I see that my minion has 48,733HP. So that goes in the first green line?

Which then tells me 50,043 total HP with aura? Is that correct?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Mason_Jar wrote:HechtHeftig, I downloaded Office 365, and your file. I'm not exactly the most perceptive or fast learning person out there. I'm a little confused at what I'm looking at. I see where to enter the numbers, but I'm a little overwhelmed with all of the data on this page.

So I have 749% to minion HP, I enter that value in on the 2nd green line, and when I hover over the minion life in game I see that my minion has 48,733HP. So that goes in the first green line?

Which then tells me 50,043 total HP with aura? Is that correct?

Yes, exactly. You still have a little bit less than 40 k more life until the life rollover takes place as the life cap is 90 k.

As long as you don't change anything in the first 7 lines the calculation will work.
Mason_Jar
Thunder Beetle
59 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Thanks so much HechtHeftig! Great tool you over achiever! :-P