New sorc farming question

Discuss Median XL!
richhman
Vampiress
39 | 0
Hello all,

Recently got Mxl2017 going and just lvl'd a sorc up to 120. Stuck at destruction baal as I am not strong enough to get by him yet.

What build would you suggest I run (just changed from lit/ice to fire/ice as I found Warmage's battle staff)
What areas are farmable for a subpar geared sorc?
Which merc should I use? - currently use a shapeshifter with Fangspear (Spetum) for the miasma, Toorc's Gift (Heavy Gloves) for GN, and deadfall heavy belt.

I've completed a few of the basic uber areas already (creature of flame, binding of baal, butcher and death projector) to pump my stats a bit. Basically I just need an area I can efficiently find some SU's to get some better gear before I can do anything else.

Any thoughts are appreciative :D
masochista
Core Lord
395 | 28
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
One of the best farmers is poison sorc, but she's only for farming. If you want to get some charms first, play ice/light with maxed thunderstone.
As caster, your merc should be a5 barbarian, since he casts Mark of The Wild, has screenwide stun, ocasionally casts spell that summons large amount of meatshields. Just craft/find sword with good damage and nice proc like spiral dance or balefire. Give him Robe of Leaves TU, Toorc Gift, Mal rw belt, rest is up to you.
richhman
Vampiress
39 | 0
masochista wrote:One of the best farmers is poison sorc, but she's only for farming. If you want to get some charms first, play ice/light with maxed thunderstone.
As caster, your merc should be a5 barbarian, since he casts Mark of The Wild, has screenwide stun, ocasionally casts spell that summons large amount of meatshields. Just craft/find sword with good damage and nice proc like spiral dance or balefire. Give him Robe of Leaves TU, Toorc Gift, Mal rw belt, rest is up to you.

Awesome, this is extremely helpful :D

Do you suggest any maps I should run?

edit:
Probably really stupid but... I am in a5 and I can't seem to find where I hire the merc lol. I spoken with everyone??

I'm an idiot... forgot to save the barbs :D
kij
Jungle Hunter
28 | 1
richhman wrote:Hello all,

Recently got Mxl2017 going and just lvl'd a sorc up to 120. Stuck at destruction baal as I am not strong enough to get by him yet.

What build would you suggest I run (just changed from lit/ice to fire/ice as I found Warmage's battle staff)
What areas are farmable for a subpar geared sorc?
Which merc should I use? - currently use a shapeshifter with Fangspear (Spetum) for the miasma, Toorc's Gift (Heavy Gloves) for GN, and deadfall heavy belt.

I've completed a few of the basic uber areas already (creature of flame, binding of baal, butcher and death projector) to pump my stats a bit. Basically I just need an area I can efficiently find some SU's to get some better gear before I can do anything else.

Any thoughts are appreciative :D

If youre still fire I can hook you up with spire of sarnakyle (+10 sorc skill, +46% fire damage, -30% enemy fire resist) for free