Do you enjoy the Triune boss?

Discuss Median XL!

Do you enjoy the Triune boss?

Absolutely. One of my favorite bosses in the game :)
9%
It's pretty fun
13%
I don't mind it
42%
I hate it
20%
By far the worst experience I have had in gaming, ever
10%
Show me on the doll where it touched you
6%

Total votes: 110

strmrdr
Dark Huntress
13 | 1
Curious where the community sits on this topic. I am not talking about difficulty or anything else, simply "enjoyment". I assume you are capable of killing the boss efficiently and with ease. Sorry if i'm beating a dead horse :-]
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Once per playthrough, I dont mind. The concept itself is cool, but it gets tedious when you are trophy/cycle farming because damage is irrelevant on your killspeed.
cletyan
Bone Archer
72 | 0
The triune Concept is good. my problem is wtf there's no mobs in area cell in triune I thought my game is broke hahaha
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
In theory I don't mind it but what I feel makes it tedious is the slow Lucion movement speed pre-rage, and the iffy duration on the charm.

It's also annoying to regrind a lot for the trophy, so a process that makes its lategame grinding faster would make people happy I think. I would love a Lucion that is perma-super fast. Or Malic casting things at a lower frame to make the dmg'ing faster.
Hrishi
Bone Archer
77 | 21
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I like it, it's incredibly fun and unique as long as you don't do it too many times per ladder. Always find it a nice change of pace.
adamo68
Abomination
147 | 57
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I like it for a one off encounter in a season or to have the choice of doing it. That being said like Yshari Sanctum, I put down that I hate it because it really dampers my enjoyment of farming the bosses. Clearing Triune is quick and fun, but then spending time to finish the boss "doubles" the length of the run, cutting into what little time I have to play.
snowbird
Core Lord
359 | 79
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Worst ??? Laz xD
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Farming him for the trophy is *awful* because it still boils down to a LOT of waiting even if you have a pretty optimized route to pull Lucion out to Malic, still gotta wait for him to die. Best you can do is just rush to the end, so the trophy farm is a real time vampire. At least he guarantees one or two cycle drops a kill.

Otherwise he's a nice change of pace from the usual "tank and spank" bosses to this point. It's an uber that demands you strategize just a hair. That's all.
strmrdr
Dark Huntress
13 | 1
Very common themes from those replying. I have to agree that it's okay for a boss you do once or twice a season. It's not a boss that I enjoy grinding for a trophy... and I doubt that many people do. It's a test of patience and how much time you have on your hands, that's it.

Wulf wrote:In theory I don't mind it but what I feel makes it tedious is the slow Lucion movement speed pre-rage, and the iffy duration on the charm.

It's also annoying to regrind a lot for the trophy, so a process that makes its lategame grinding faster would make people happy I think. I would love a Lucion that is perma-super fast. Or Malic casting things at a lower frame to make the dmg'ing faster.

So much this.
Acry
Pit Knight
109 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Wulf wrote:In theory I don't mind it but what I feel makes it tedious is the slow Lucion movement speed pre-rage, and the iffy duration on the charm.

Wulf sums up my thoughts perfectly. Wouldn't mind a bigger map either for more cycle farming rather than a pseudo-maze of buildings and open space.