Did you know that ...

Discuss Median XL!
Longstaff
Vampiress
36 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
- R = Reveal Map
- It's possible to pick up and stash multiple copies of same charm from same boss

As a newbie player these are a couple of things I wished I knew sooner.

I did 392 extremely agonising Nihl sig runs, needing to clear around the edge of the map to find the stairs - average clear time to Nihl a laborious 4 mins. Meanwhile I thought I sucked hard reading posts by other players with 50 sec clears. Then I decided to remap my 'lock sprint' to R and discovered the game had a reveal map option! Facepalm!!
Edited by Longstaff 3 years.
Acry
Pit Knight
109 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Druid morphs can't use abilities like blast wave, along with projectile abilities and some others that aren't noted at all in the skill description for the morphs.

Witch blood buried hawk only grants the skill for sorc because the tooltip specifically says its a sorc skill.

The three saber of the storm sails su combined roll is random and not based off the ones combined.

Twisted claw on druid and whirlpool oskills have issues with not doing damage if they're close to walls or the target is, making a good skill very unreliable if the conditions aren't favorable.

You can shard whist's other leg.

You can make crafts eth with the effigy.

Sp drop rate is basically double by some statistical testing.
partial
Jungle Hunter
28 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Marco wrote:- You can cube Malus Domestica on it's own and something happens.

it melts into 3 apples and you totally suck ass for not mentioning that lmao
reeses_007
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
partial wrote:
Marco wrote:- You can cube Malus Domestica on it's own and something happens.

it melts into 3 apples and you totally suck ass for not mentioning that lmao

Apples are more useful than Malus anyways.
Wasp
Balrog
130 | 43
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
mods are awesome

Edit: I love you guys
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Longstaff wrote:- R = Reveal Map
- It's possible to pick up and stash multiple copies of same charm from same boss

I did 392 extremely agonising Nihl sig runs, needing to clear around the edge of the map to find the stairs - average clear time to Nihl a laborious 4 mins. Meanwhile I thought I sucked hard reading posts by other players with 50 sec clears. Then I decided to remap my 'lock sprint' to R and discovered the game had a reveal map option! Facepalm!!

Actually, Halls of Pain can only roll 3 different maps. Just by looking at the layout where the wp is, you can figure out every time where the exit is located without revealing the map.

The third level is completely random as far as I know.
Berkabus1
Grubber
331 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Johnny Impak wrote:

Actually, Halls of Pain can only roll 3 different maps. Just by looking at the layout where the wp is, you can figure out every time where the exit is located without revealing the map.

Also! If you are an veteran of vanilla d2 you know this also - that if you go to wp at durance of hate and såsen bottom left , the level 3 is always at top right. I know the maps without autoreveal .there are alot of tricks hidden Within the old vanilla maps !
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1071 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Sigil of Absolution
Sigil of Absolution
Occult Effigy

Cube Reagent
Cube with Any Weapon/Armor to Add Bonus
-5 Required Level
Requirements +25%
(Max 2 Uses per Item)
Cannot be Used with Runewords
has no use for white, grey and RW items anymore since 1.4 patch.
Relic (Rathma's Chosen)
Relic
(Random class Only)
Required Level: 90
+(8 to 16) to Rathma's Chosen
seems to give no aura from my SP test. Not sure about this, needs to be proven.
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Johnny Impak wrote:

The easiest way to check Halls of Vaught sight-unseen for the branch Nihlatak is hiding is to check for cloth/tapestry things at the entrance to each branch.

Only one will be there; that path has Nihlathak.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
OrphineM wrote:
Johnny Impak wrote:

The easiest way to check Halls of Vaught sight-unseen for the branch Nihlatak is hiding is to check for cloth/tapestry things at the entrance to each branch.

Only one will be there; that path has Nihlathak.

Useless to know today, but why didn't I know that 10 years ago