sacred rare or sacred uniques?

Discuss Median XL!
dfgvber
Skeleton
3 | 0
hello guys.

i am still new to the game as a whole, and while i was still farming stuff for my barbarian a thought just crossed my mind:

which is better? sacred rares or sacred uniques?

for sacred rares you can mod them with shrines here and there to give them certain bonuses that can't be found on sacred uniques. however compared to sacred uniques their overall stats and bonuses are either weaker or random.

so which one should i focus farming on beside set pieces?

also FYI, i am on hell difficulty and going to finish act 5 but i pulled off from that to get inventory charms from bosses.
Coephyte
Imp
5 | 0
TU/Honorifics < Set < decent crafted rare < SU/SSU < amazeballs craft/(S)SSU
is the way to go for most char i think.
but never overlook an item, even tho it might be a set or TU, it could still benefit you more then anything else depending on build.
I have a lvl140 barb this season and he's still using t4 boots =)
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
That is not how it works. Usually, most builds utilize a combination of sacred uniques, crafts and runewords, using a full set of crafts generally wont give you an optimal result.
Coephyte
Imp
5 | 0
I even specified in two ways that being versatile is important, my progressiontip even states 2(3) different items qualities.
And not far into my huge wall of text you can even find another pointer "but never overlook an item, even tho it might be a set or TU, it could still benefit you more then anything else depending on build."

"That is not how it works" - What do you mean works? Doesnt my opinion work?

But hey! Atleast you made me realize i've forgotten RW's. Good on you.
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Istaryu wrote:That is not how it works. Usually, most builds utilize a combination of sacred uniques, crafts and runewords, using a full set of crafts generally wont give you an optimal result.

#notallbuilds
dfgvber
Skeleton
3 | 0
Can shrines be applied to uniques(tiered or unique) and set items? Also is there any limit on how many shrine blessings you can apply on your equipment?
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
dfgvber wrote:Can shrines be applied to uniques(tiered or unique) and set items? Also is there any limit on how many shrine blessings you can apply on your equipment?

No you can't. You can bless once, unless you use
Breath of Thaumaturgy
Breath of Thaumaturgy
Occult Effigy

Cube Reagent
Cube with a Blessed Crafted Weapon/Armor to Add Bonus
Item can be blessed Again
+25 Required Level
dfgvber
Skeleton
3 | 0
Yeahsper wrote:
dfgvber wrote:Can shrines be applied to uniques(tiered or unique) and set items? Also is there any limit on how many shrine blessings you can apply on your equipment?

Breath of Thaumaturgy
Breath of Thaumaturgy
Occult Effigy

Cube Reagent
+25 Required Level

can you apply more than one shrine effect to an item? eg apply both an abandoned shrine and a creepy shrine to a sacred rare item
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
dfgvber wrote:
Yeahsper wrote:

Breath of Thaumaturgy
Breath of Thaumaturgy
Occult Effigy

Cube Reagent
+25 Required Level

can you apply more than one shrine effect to an item? eg apply both an abandoned shrine and a creepy shrine to a sacred rare item

Should be possible with Breath, not tried it tho.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
dfgvber wrote:
Yeahsper wrote:

Breath of Thaumaturgy
Breath of Thaumaturgy
Occult Effigy

Cube Reagent
+25 Required Level

Yes, you can.