Extra Colorblind Settings

Discuss Median XL!
Reefy
Imp
4 | 2
So I am extremely colorblind and find it very difficult to tell the difference in the color of some items. Is it possible to add options in the colorblind settings for item drops as well?
Lynderika
Grubber
315 | 160
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Hello
There's a "colorblind accomodation" thing you can activate in the in game interface setting, it will add an (U) on uniques items for exemple, I don't know all the differences but it probably will be enough hopefully
Reefy
Imp
4 | 2
Lynderika wrote:Hello
There's a "colorblind accomodation" thing you can activate in the in game interface setting, it will add an (U) on uniques items for exemple, I don't know all the differences but it probably will be enough hopefully

I currently have it enabled but the colors are all the same as before, was just wondering if it can be added to customize colors or just change them.
Lynderika
Grubber
315 | 160
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Reefy wrote:
Lynderika wrote:Hello

I currently have it enabled but the colors are all the same as before, was just wondering if it can be added to customize colors or just change them.

Oh sorry I did not read well enough your first message
I know no way of doing that sadly, my best idea would be to use d2stat to hide all the useless items, that way you're sure of what you're picking
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Hi Reefy,

We're very limited in the choice of colors for text, so the only viable solution I found was to add text indicators to the items. When you have the colorblind option enabled, you should see visual indicators appended to the item names, such as (U) for unique items.

If you have a better solution (other than changing the color obviously), let me know. You can also use d2stats (see tools section of our website) to setup notifications on particular item types and quality, which may help you further differentiating the items that matter to you.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
There's also drop filtering, so you can hide unwanted item drops, which can further help.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
SteelWings
Sasquatch
67 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
I love colorblind mode as a non-colorblind person as well, because that means I can easily see when an item is TU/SU or just a rare.
Would love some more settings though, like extra sounds when an TU/Set item drops. :mjump:
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
SteelWings wrote:Would love some more settings though, like extra sounds when an TU/Set item drops. :mjump:

But that already exists in d2stats.
SteelWings
Sasquatch
67 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
Istaryu wrote:But that already exists in d2stats.

Unfortunately, not everyone is blessed enough to run d2stats. I have trouble running vanilla MedianXL too :oops: