Discuss Median XL!
redicomerade
Abomination
140 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
CircaG wrote:
irraticate wrote:
CircaG wrote:Survival Instinct gives some nice cold dmg, chance to freeze, and 10% PR. However, it would remove all flat elemental damage, which would make things like
Wasp Sting
Wasp Sting
Maple Bow (4)

(Druid Only)
Required Level: 7
Required Dexterity: 84
Item Level: 19
Innate Fire Damage: (16.0% of Dexterity)
5% Chance to cast level 10 Seal of Fire on Death Blow
20% Attack Speed
Adds 7-9 Fire Damage
Adds 50-100 Poison Damage over 2 seconds
-5% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-5% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+25 Life Regenerated per Second
Poison Length Reduced by (7 to 10)%
Socketed (2)
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 26
Required Dexterity: 126
Item Level: 40
Innate Fire Damage: (24.0% of Dexterity)
6% Chance to cast level 20 Seal of Fire on Death Blow
30% Attack Speed
Adds 20-25 Fire Damage
Adds 100-200 Poison Damage over 2 seconds
-10% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-10% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+50 Life Regenerated per Second
Poison Length Reduced by (15 to 18)%
Socketed (4)
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 44
Required Dexterity: 249
Item Level: 59
Innate Fire Damage: (32.0% of Dexterity)
8% Chance to cast level 30 Seal of Fire on Death Blow
45% Attack Speed
Adds 60-80 Fire Damage
Adds 200-400 Poison Damage over 2 seconds
-15% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-15% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+75 Life Regenerated per Second
Poison Length Reduced by (23 to 26)%
Socketed (5)
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 53
Required Dexterity: 492
Item Level: 85
Innate Fire Damage: (40.0% of Dexterity)
10% Chance to cast level 40 Seal of Fire on Death Blow
60% Attack Speed
Adds 150-210 Fire Damage
Adds 400-600 Poison Damage over 2 seconds
-20% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-20% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+100 Life Regenerated per Second
Poison Length Reduced by (27 to 30)%
Socketed (6)
pointless since it would remove the 360-500 fire damage. Am I thinking this correctly, or wrong?

It doesn't remove any damage. It just adds 20% of str/dex as additional cold damage.

I picked up Survival Instincts, mostly just for the phys res. The added cold damage is fine I suppose. The freezing is okay (before 105 anyway) but not necessary while leveling.

For anyone who isn't sure, leveling up Survival Instincts only increases the +spell focus you get. Doesn't increase Phys Res, or the % of str/dex to cold damage.

I don't think any of the ultimate choices are bad. In my opinion, you take Survival Instinct until you get 50% Phys Res without it. Then Faerie Fire as your default choice and Vine if you want help with bossing.

The patch notes state that Survival Instinct "Removed flat elemental damage (if you have a source)"

Other than that, I agree with everything you said!

Removed flat Ele damage in previous version of this skill (1.6), and added 20% strength/dex as cold in this version (1.7).
So no, it wont take your damage from other sources at all, it will give you cold, to my taste the number is Little too low on my respeces druid- 500.
So no, it
redicomerade
Abomination
140 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
redicomerade wrote:
CircaG wrote:
irraticate wrote:
CircaG wrote:Survival Instinct gives some nice cold dmg, chance to freeze, and 10% PR. However, it would remove all flat elemental damage, which would make things like
Wasp Sting
Wasp Sting
Maple Bow (4)

(Druid Only)
Required Level: 7
Required Dexterity: 84
Item Level: 19
Innate Fire Damage: (16.0% of Dexterity)
5% Chance to cast level 10 Seal of Fire on Death Blow
20% Attack Speed
Adds 7-9 Fire Damage
Adds 50-100 Poison Damage over 2 seconds
-5% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-5% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+25 Life Regenerated per Second
Poison Length Reduced by (7 to 10)%
Socketed (2)
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 26
Required Dexterity: 126
Item Level: 40
Innate Fire Damage: (24.0% of Dexterity)
6% Chance to cast level 20 Seal of Fire on Death Blow
30% Attack Speed
Adds 20-25 Fire Damage
Adds 100-200 Poison Damage over 2 seconds
-10% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-10% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+50 Life Regenerated per Second
Poison Length Reduced by (15 to 18)%
Socketed (4)
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 44
Required Dexterity: 249
Item Level: 59
Innate Fire Damage: (32.0% of Dexterity)
8% Chance to cast level 30 Seal of Fire on Death Blow
45% Attack Speed
Adds 60-80 Fire Damage
Adds 200-400 Poison Damage over 2 seconds
-15% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-15% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+75 Life Regenerated per Second
Poison Length Reduced by (23 to 26)%
Socketed (5)
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 53
Required Dexterity: 492
Item Level: 85
Innate Fire Damage: (40.0% of Dexterity)
10% Chance to cast level 40 Seal of Fire on Death Blow
60% Attack Speed
Adds 150-210 Fire Damage
Adds 400-600 Poison Damage over 2 seconds
-20% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-20% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+100 Life Regenerated per Second
Poison Length Reduced by (27 to 30)%
Socketed (6)
pointless since it would remove the 360-500 fire damage. Am I thinking this correctly, or wrong?

It doesn't remove any damage. It just adds 20% of str/dex as additional cold damage.

I picked up Survival Instincts, mostly just for the phys res. The added cold damage is fine I suppose. The freezing is okay (before 105 anyway) but not necessary while leveling.

For anyone who isn't sure, leveling up Survival Instincts only increases the +spell focus you get. Doesn't increase Phys Res, or the % of str/dex to cold damage.

I don't think any of the ultimate choices are bad. In my opinion, you take Survival Instinct until you get 50% Phys Res without it. Then Faerie Fire as your default choice and Vine if you want help with bossing.

The patch notes state that Survival Instinct "Removed flat elemental damage (if you have a source)"

Other than that, I agree with everything you said!

Removed flat Ele damage in previous version of this skill (1.6), and added 20% strength/dex as cold in this version (1.7).
So no, it wont take your damage from other sources at all, it will give you cold, to my taste the number is Little too low on my respeced druid- 500.
Edited by redicomerade 3 years.
serek
Jungle Hunter
29 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
anyone has some ideas about upgrades after TU gear? crafts? on which bases (bow)?
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Has anyone tested whether steady aim locks spells too? I'm thinking druid now has great oskill caster potential with the huge all skills bonus from steady aim
irraticate
Jungle Hunter
26 | 6
► Show Spoiler

The patch notes say that because it is stating how it changed the old Ultimate Skill, Force of Nature. Force of Nature use to add max Fire/Cold/Lightning damage if you had another source of that damage type, like a charm. The patch notes are just saying that aspect of the old Force of Nature was removed. After a respec my damage only went down by around the amount Survival Instincts gave in cold damage. Even D2Stats is saying my damage is still mostly fire and part cold.

Diaco wrote:Has anyone tested whether steady aim locks spells too? I'm thinking druid now has great oskill caster potential with the huge all skills bonus from steady aim

I am able to cast Steady Shot, swap over to Pax Mystica and Blink freely. The description also says "non-Hunter Ranged Skills", which spells aren't technically Ranged skills... so it seems intentional to me.

Edit: Tried a few spells, didn't work while I had Steady Shot buff. Blink does work though, so I suppose "Warp" skills work, just not "Spells".
Edited by irraticate 3 years.
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Stormclash druid just got a HUGE upgrade, then
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Not really since u are locked out of Seer tree that gives 5% spell dmg per point and Steady aim only lasts few sec. The amount of swaping/precasting - bow and precast like Shamaka etc would just not be worth it.
CircaG
Balrog
131 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
irraticate wrote:
► Show Spoiler

The patch notes say that because it is stating how it changed the old Ultimate Skill, Force of Nature. Force of Nature use to add max Fire/Cold/Lightning damage if you had another source of that damage type, like a charm. The patch notes are just saying that aspect of the old Force of Nature was removed. After a respec my damage only went down by around the amount Survival Instincts gave in cold damage. Even D2Stats is saying my damage is still mostly fire and part cold.

Diaco wrote:Has anyone tested whether steady aim locks spells too? I'm thinking druid now has great oskill caster potential with the huge all skills bonus from steady aim

I am able to cast Steady Shot, swap over to Pax Mystica and Blink freely. The description also says "non-Hunter Ranged Skills", which spells aren't technically Ranged skills... so it seems intentional to me.

ohhhhhh I see now. Thank you for that clarification. I appreciate that!
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1443 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
It would be really nice if the bear used the buff immediately when summoned, so at least there is some consistency.
CircaG
Balrog
131 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Istaryu wrote:It would be really nice if the bear used the buff immediately when summoned, so at least there is some consistency.

I don't think that would help anything. Seeing as the CD is 1 minute, that means it wouldn't do too much. However, I do agree with you. The consistency is awful. It's like if I'm in an uber and the bear procs it, it's smooth. But if not, it takes forever. I understand that it would be pretty OP if the bear had it up 100%, but I think a more consistent proc and bigger AOE would be helpful and not OP.