Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
According to the wiki there should be these cycles for Energy:
► Show Spoiler

But I've only ever seen the small ones drop in all the patches I've played. This time I levelled an asasssin doing nothing but Triune runs from 120 to 126 - and still nothing. I get all the other types and sizes, just not the medium or large Energy ones.

Is this bugged, or am I just really, really unlucky?
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Captcha wrote:According to the wiki there should be these cycles for Energy:
► Show Spoiler

But I've only ever seen the small ones drop in all the patches I've played. This time I levelled an asasssin doing nothing but Triune runs from 120 to 126 - and still nothing. I get all the other types and sizes, just not the medium or large Energy ones.

Farming cycles can be really cancerous.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
"Farming cycles can be really cancerous."

Well yes, it's possible that I'm just incredibly unlucky - but over a number of patches, not getting one of either of these two types... seems too unlikely to be random chance. I'm wondering if the drop rates are as random as they should be?

Tbh, as feedback, in my view the Triune is more painful than it needs to be. Drop rates of cycles are low across the board and having to go through Rathma every time... and you can't even pick up the Rathma charm without opening the inventory screen, even if you leave your own charm in your stash (so in reality, you have to mule your charm away to another character since opening the inv screen to drop it in the cube is too slow in that dungeon, you get overrun by resurrected beasties).

It would be nice to have a way to go direct to Triune, at least after you've done it once - maybe put a WP in that Profane place that's empty now?
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Captcha wrote:"Farming cycles can be really cancerous."

Well yes, it's possible that I'm just incredibly unlucky - but over a number of patches, not getting one of either of these two types... seems too unlikely to be random chance. I'm wondering if the drop rates are as random as they should be?

Tbh, as feedback, in my view the Triune is more painful than it needs to be. Drop rates of cycles are low across the board and having to go through Rathma every time... and you can't even pick up the Rathma charm without opening the inventory screen, even if you leave your own charm in your stash (so in reality, you have to mule your charm away to another character since opening the inv screen to drop it in the cube is too slow in that dungeon, you get overrun by resurrected beasties).

It would be nice to have a way to go direct to Triune, at least after you've done it once - maybe put a WP in that Profane place that's empty now?

I personally believe that cycles are intended to be tied together with the trading aspect of ladder. In other words, solo self-found and single-player are shit out of luck when it comes to realistic cycle farming. It similar in that sense as with high volume shrine crafting, relics and UMOs. If you were meant to farm all cycles yourself, then there would be very little reason to ever trade them. Why pay 60tg for 3-4 large life cycles and 6 medium life cycles if you know that you can farm them within a few hours or even a day or 2?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ParticuLarry wrote:In the end it's just little quality of life change and it can be easily fixed with the "repair 1 durability per 33 seconds" modifier, that existed in the original Diablo 2.

1.) i think you missed the point. there's no reason your armor should be breaking that fast unless you rolled it with 1 durability upn receiving it.

2.) the stat does exist in mxl, its not like they removed it.
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Captcha wrote:According to the wiki there should be these cycles for Energy:
► Show Spoiler

Just rng.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Crash wrote:
ParticuLarry wrote:In the end it's just little quality of life change and it can be easily fixed with the "repair 1 durability per 33 seconds" modifier, that existed in the original Diablo 2.

1.) i think you missed the point. there's no reason your armor should be breaking that fast unless you rolled it with 1 durability upn receiving it.

2.) the stat does exist in mxl, its not like they removed it.

Yes I also saw that stat on an armor already, but only after I wrote that response. So this can be easily fixed if those pieces of armor rolled this stat all the time.

Unfortunately, until level 24 caster druid is lacking a good AoE imho. Fire elemental deals damage over time, so sometimes monsters can still get close to you and hit you. And due to the low AoE, that number of potential hits increases only further. As for hunting Banshee, I felt like the damage/mana cost ratio isn't that great. After all you can hit many more enemies with 1 well-placed infected roots, one shotting them easily that way, while you have to cast Hunting banshee multiple times to kill something that early in the game. Which is why I decided to go for Infected roots until I get my main skill, since the only spell that had a decent AoE at this stage of the game was infected roots, which also has damage over time only and most enemies come close to the player still. I hope that explains how my durability was reduced so quickly.

As for the armor: It had 20 Durability if I remember correctly. If the formulas for durability loss weren't changed, the body armor has a 23,1 % chance to be selected for durability loss upon being hit, and a 10% chance for this piece of armor to actually lose one point of durability. At least those are the numbers according to these 2 links: https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Ethereal ... ility_Loss
https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads ... ss.421894/

So you need to be hit around 800 times on average to lose all the 20 durability (1 in 4 chance to be selected = about 80 hits, 1 in 10 chance to lose durability = about 800 hits)

But that's only on average. Maybe I was just extremely unlucky with how fast the durability loss rolled. Maybe it was only 400 hits or something along those lines. I know that RNG hates me :D But I do think it's quite possible. On one hand because I saw it happening, and on the other because of how the spells for caster druid work, and because I didn't care about being hit since I had Pagan Rites to save me passively.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ied builds still don't scale well enough. the damage can compete fairly effectively, but the entire mechanic still resides on having 400 sigs and good charms/gear. there has to be a way for this to be effective at lower levels, or else this will forever remain a mid-endgame respec build that underperforms compared to normal builds.

lifespark is shit, there's no defense for it. it needs to either have the proc chance doubled or tripled across the board and/or increase the regen on it.

atanna khan should have some kind of upgrade for the charm. it can't be a trophy for obvious reasons, but maybe a completion swirl effect like bremmtown. kill in x minutes or less from the time she spawns, cube for an upgraded charm that has either -1 second to purify cooldown or increased purify damage (from current 625 over 5 seconds to 750 over 5 seconds, for example)
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
The Arcane Sanctuary map doesn't always mark the location of the Summoner. Maybe... one in ten times none of the 4 locations are marked with the white thing.

Apologies if it's been reported before, search didn't find anything.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1291 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Captcha wrote:The Arcane Sanctuary map doesn't always mark the location of the Summoner. Maybe... one in ten times none of the 4 locations are marked with the white thing.

Apologies if it's been reported before, search didn't find anything.

Uhmmm.... there's always same ending layout (only on of four ending platforms have staircase to it) at end of summoner direction so whatever..