Σ 1.7 Bugs&Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Captcha wrote:The Arcane Sanctuary map doesn't always mark the location of the Summoner. Maybe... one in ten times none of the 4 locations are marked with the white thing.

Apologies if it's been reported before, search didn't find anything.

Sometimes you need to hit R again when entering a game for certain markers to appear (like summoner, or nihlatak's pentagram, waypoints, etc)
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
feedback for the feedback thread

it's been more than 8 months since i haven't played any Sigma, and more than a year since i've played a serious build from start to end because i did not like (and still don\t like) where this is all heading .

- i love eyecandy builds , but patch by patch i see the proc chances nerfed for the sake of "better performance" . just look at
Deadfall
Deadfall
Heavy Belt (4)

Defense: (135 - 159) to (178 - 210)
Required Level: 7
Required Strength: 36
Item Level: 19
2% Chance to cast level 2 Shower of Rocks on Kill
1% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(24 to 46)% Enhanced Defense
+(16 to 25) to Strength
Lightning Resist +(11 to 15)%
Socketed (1)
Defense: (485 - 551) to (616 - 700)
Required Level: 24
Required Strength: 62
Item Level: 36
2% Chance to cast level 4 Shower of Rocks on Kill
2% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(69 to 92)% Enhanced Defense
+(36 to 45) to Strength
Lightning Resist +(21 to 25)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (1270 - 1400) to (1595 - 1758)
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 218
Item Level: 51
2% Chance to cast level 8 Shower of Rocks on Kill
3% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(115 to 137)% Enhanced Defense
+(56 to 65) to Strength
Lightning Resist +(31 to 35)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (1918 - 2095) to (2403 - 2626)
Required Level: 50
Required Strength: 436
Item Level: 85
2% Chance to cast level 12 Shower of Rocks on Kill
4% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(138 to 160)% Enhanced Defense
+(66 to 75) to Strength
Lightning Resist +(36 to 40)%
Socketed (2)
:lol: really ? 2% ? :lol:
- the leveling part from clvl 130 onwards is (still) taking too much imo and gives me no real reason to play after hitting 135 and killing Deimoss and Samael . it's like there's no other challenge to do after that , so then i stop . it has a sower taste . you killed all that was there to kill and somewhat , it's not over . your character is still not maxed .

go in the labs and grind to reach max level ? no thanks , i no longer have that much time to spare on gaming . i like diversity and playing as many builds in the shortest amount of time . i can't get stuck to 1 build for 1 month and no , i won't respec from (example) caster to bow at level 130+ and pretend that so far nothing happened and my build is something else than the one i started and got so far . it's like preparing all your life to be a doctor , study for years , get your degree , get to practice for 30 years and when it's about time to retire you put on some electrician suit and change your job and say you're an electrician , then die in a few weeks . what will they write on your cross? "here lays our beloved electrician" ?
- the drop rates are a bit low , the really good stuff has a very small chance to drop and force more time to waste on grinding . but i guess this goes well for the economy where people invest real money (in mp) to buy some gear they could not find.

maybe it's me . maybe it's the lack of spare time ... dunno .

i'll be around here for about 1 week (then i think ill go back to the other games i play) , to get some taste of those updates that i haven't tested so far

amazons ...still waiting for that spear tree to appear in the changelog with something good

assassin ,necro and sorceress ...nothing important changed lately , so i guess i'll skip them

barbarians ... i already got one for a spin yesterday , i like the attacks on right click , but nothing else to mention

druids ... i have tried the (x) bow tree yesterday (and put on a crossbow for more flavour), but got annoyed by the bear small aura radius and ditched it before it got to the end of act 5 normal . it's similar to the Aegipan rw where your main skills depend on another skill . adjusting the bear could make it more appealing . maybe next patch
- the caster based on Hurricane looks interesting , but i haven't read too much positive feedback about it (here : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=57305&p=449392&hilit=hurricane#p449392 )

paladin - the unholy caster boost looks good . i'll give it a shot
Edited by ChuckNoRis 3 years.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ChuckNoRis wrote:- the caster based on Hurricane looks interesting , but i haven't read too much positive feedback about it (here : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=57305&p=449392&hilit=hurricane#p449392 )

Don't get my feedback wrong. This build is still doing okay. I'm currently at duncraig after trying other gear in early game. The damage is currently slightly lacking with about 3-4k, but I'm still in early game gear without any SU's or above, so that's not an issue. Even if you go with a full vita build, it still does its job. And with 13 k Life, 200 k defense and 41% PR, it's quite tanky, if you can get a good FHR rate.

The delay isn't that much of an issue to be honest, since you can just cast a Harvester in front of you to block enemies from coming to you. Or just stay safe behind your Harvesters and you'll easily manage. There are also some interesting mechanics I found along the way:

For some weird reason, channeled skills have a mechanic that disallows the use of any skill for about half a second to a second after the channeling stops. What happens at that point is: You cast a skill after the channeling ended, the animation will be played, and you will be stuck in that animation, without your mana being used or the skill doing anything at all. This means that your only way to effectively dodge attacks is by walking/sprinting. Sprinting does also fall flat though due to the fact that Hurricane drains your stamina in favor of increased damage. However during that time where you can't cast any other spell, you can recast the spell to instantly reduce the starting animation time of the channeling. That means, if you channel the skill, then walk a small distance and then channel the skill again, you can dodge projectiles and continue dealing damage. This is especially useful in ubers like Library of Fate, where you can easily dodge incoming punishers while still retaining your damage output. You need to be really quick however, and the distance you can walk before the channel time is back to the usual 1 second is really small. I only discovered that by accident, and I didn't use it very much since I discovered it so late, but it does have its purposes.

What I mean to say is: This skill requires LOTS of knowledge of the mechanics and you can min max your playstyle very effectively. This skill is probably the most mechanic-heavy skill out there and as such I find it quite fun to use.

Just give it a try and you'll be surprised how easy you get to hell. This skill is also the best skill for that job btw, easily outshining Both Ember Spirit and Hunting Banshee in killspeed due to its great AoE. It's only lacking a bit because there isn't much gear for it and thus relies heavily on those few gear pieces that do profit this build. But it's still possible if you just continue to play safely.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
well its just freezing gale with more benefits , i have played a few freezing gale builds in older patches so i guess it can't be worse than that . i'll give it a try .
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Downlevelling cube recipe says:

► Show Spoiler

This doesn't seem to work as stated. I used the recipe and rare Greaves that had a level 60 requirement became level 48 required instead (which could just be due to the fact that the mods changed in rerolling it).

The ilvl seems to go from 99 to not being mentioned on the tooltip at all, but that doesn't seem very useful - I thought the point of this recipe was to allow MO space on items that cannot roll useful mods.
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Big summons, like Bear Companion and Spirit of Vengeance, randomly disappear every now and then. This does not seem to happen with smaller summons, like fire elementals or harvesters
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Captcha wrote:Downlevelling cube recipe says:

► Show Spoiler

This doesn't seem to work as stated. I used the recipe and rare Greaves that had a level 60 requirement became level 48 required instead (which could just be due to the fact that the mods changed in rerolling it).

The ilvl seems to go from 99 to not being mentioned on the tooltip at all, but that doesn't seem very useful - I thought the point of this recipe was to allow MO space on items that cannot roll useful mods.

That sounds like it worked. Items with ilvl = 1 won't display the ilvl. Regarding the req lvl, ilvl1 crafted boots can roll anywhere btw req lvl 30-60 (don't remember the exact range but something wild like that). This depends on how many affixes show up on the boots, and the level of the highest affix.

Regarding its usefulness, rolling req lvl 48 boots is still about 40 levels lower than average crafted boots, so that's 10 normal MOs you can stack, or 4 UMOs, which is still nice.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
NotCube wrote:
Captcha wrote:Downlevelling cube recipe says:

► Show Spoiler

That sounds like it worked. Items with ilvl = 1 won't display the ilvl. Regarding the req lvl, ilvl1 crafted boots can roll anywhere btw req lvl 30-60 (don't remember the exact range but something wild like that). This depends on how many affixes show up on the boots, and the level of the highest affix.

Regarding its usefulness, rolling req lvl 48 boots is still about 40 levels lower than average crafted boots, so that's 10 normal MOs you can stack, or 4 UMOs, which is still nice.

Thanks, you may well be right, but the recipe description could do with saying "item level" instead of "level". It makes room for 3 MOs on that basis, but... I haven't crafted them yet, they're just rare at the moment so they could go back up higher than 48 after I get a craft i want to keep.

I've actually been following your (excellent) UH paladin guide which is where I got the info about downlevelling.
patrick_pkl
Gravedigger
191 | 4
Does anybody else have a problem with their computer not seeming to display the purple hue on the real belial? I've looked at youtube videos to see what the purple hue looks like, and I know it's the real belial by the grunting noise he makes when I attack him.

Is it a video setting on my computer? Or am I just blind to his rat form. I'm pretty sure he's not in his rat form (which I believe is triggered when he takes damage), because I compare them before I even start attacking.
ABeLina
Rust Claw
89 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Lilith from Toraja ignores walls (walks trough) and runs when low on life.
Maybe OK if you have build which can kill her instantly, but if not - chasing 25 minutes her over entire map is not fun.
All that visible - broadside tower - he starts runnin away earlier than player can see her. 25 minutes of chasing and trying to teleport straight on head - not big fun.
Either should not run away or should respect walls (this way could be pushed into corner).