Discuss Median XL!
ckelch
Skeleton
2 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ParticuLarry wrote:
ckelch wrote:
Mr_Bill wrote:FYI, even for a 1.7 Druid who has both a Druid staff and / or the Caoi Dulra Fruit (quest item), Pagan Rites is not reclaiming corpses and auto-healing, the way it is apparently meant to do. This bug MAY (not sure) be due to the fact that the character(s) in question (it was tested with three different ones) pre-dated Patch 1.7 and the location of Pagan Rites changed within the skill tree... but one would still expect it to work.

Planning a respec to see if that resolves the issue.

I have the same problem with my Druid. with version 1.7.4, and I also have both a Druid Staff and the Caoi Dulra Fruit, but nothing seems to make Pagan Rites work at all. I tried a respec with no change. I tried taking the fruit out of the equation with just my Druid's Lone Wolf Flamen Staff and vice versa and still nothing. No Pagan Rites animation on any corpses or any health bump. :( Please fix, my Druid is sad enough as he stands without this apparent bug.

Can anyone else with a Druid (w/either a druid staff or fruit) verify this issue? You used to get an animation over corpses with Pagan Rites, now nothing happens at all (even though the Pagan Rites icon proudly shows in the bottom left corner of my screen - mocking me and laughing at me).

This issue can also appear through the use of the "R.I.P. recipe", since it disables corpses from being used in any way or form. So I'd check first if this is maybe the cause of your issue.

In case that issue is coming from your character being old: just make a new one. If you're quick it takes maybe 6 hours to get to hell difficulty, especially if you can twink your character, which is possible in your case as it seems.

Even though I hated your advice ParticuLarry about throwing away my level 109 Druid and starting over I did just try that tonight. Luckily, it did not take too long to get to level 18 where I could try Pagan Rites (I also luckily found a lvl 1 Druid Flamen Staff as I leveled up to 18) and it worked! It must have been something with the older pre-1.7.2 character that bugged this for us. Respec-ing did not work, only starting over from scratch would fix it. This makes sense since everyone would have been complaining about this skill otherwise. Thanks for taking the time to suggest starting over. I am now on the road to Druid domination and happiness!!
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
I think I've encountered a bug. I lost all my characters due to a computer move and had to start over, so I've been leveling an Iron Spiral barbarian through Normal. I'm in Act 3, and trying to do the "Blade of the Old Religion" quest, a.k.a. Quest for The Gidbinn. I found the Gidbinn, clicked on the thingy, and what's supposed to happen is that a special champion pack spawns in and attacks you, and their leader drops the blade on death. But the champion pack isn't spawning for me. I even tried restarting the game, but no dice. I know that the reward is fairly minor, but I'm a completionist.

Also, I keep getting "unhandled exception" c0000005 errors upon quitting the game, which doesn't seem like intended behaviour.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
GreyRook wrote:I think I've encountered a bug...

Known.

GreyRook wrote:Also, I keep getting "unhandled exception" c0000005 errors upon quitting the game, which doesn't seem like intended behaviour.

Try the following: find Game.exe in your "Diablo II" folder and set it to run as an Administrator and in compatibility mode with Windows XP (Service Pack 3) or alternatively Windows 7. (Revert back these changes if they don't solve the issue).
If what suggested above didn't work, try downloading this: 3D positional audio. Then extract from the archive the files dsound.dll and dsound.INI and drop thm in your D2 directory, where Game.exe can be found. (Remove these files if they didn't solve the problem).
If the error persist, try changing the video mode in the Launcher's settings page, from 3DFX Glide to one of the other two that suits you better (mind that the other video mode lack customization options).
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
RequiemLux wrote:
Known.

Okay, so, keep trying until it works?

Try the following: find Game.exe in your "Diablo II" folder and set it to run as an Administrator and in compatibility mode with Windows XP (Service Pack 3) or alternatively Windows 7. (Revert back these changes if they don't solve the issue).
If what suggested above didn't work, try downloading this: 3D positional audio. Then extract from the archive the files dsound.dll and dsound.INI and drop thm in your D2 directory, where Game.exe can be found. (Remove these files if they didn't solve the problem).
If the error persist, try changing the video mode in the Launcher's settings page, from 3DFX Glide to one of the other two that suits you better (mind that the other video mode lack customization options).

Okay, I'll try that. Thanks.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
GreyRook wrote:Okay, so, keep trying until it works?

There's some layout where rat man not spawning - you need reroll hole map. If you playing on server- it reroling every new game so just keep trying. But if SP - you need to reroll via creating TCP|IP game.
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
Scalewinged wrote:There's some layout where rat man not spawning - you need reroll hole map. If you playing on server- it reroling every new game so just keep trying. But if SP - you need to reroll via creating TCP|IP game.

Oh, how annoying. I'll try that.
Voidwalker
Fallen
1 | 0
I'll get straight to the point. I do not like Trinity Beam's mechanic where it seeks out an enemy. My suggestion would be to change Trinity Beam's aiming from automatic to manual. For those accustomed to it being automatically aimed I suggest a new, albeit similar skill: one that would be named Trinity Storm where it would have the automatic aiming and +1 or +2 other targets. This is just my humble opinion.
huangyunshy
Onyx Knight
615 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Is the update information for 1.8 completed a few days before the season?
Because there are hundreds of people on my side who need a WORD.dox electronic file to view the information, they open the webpage slowly. I have to copy the information of 1.8 in advance to make it easier for them to check.
So I very much hope that the information will be updated before the start of the 1.8 season.
Again, thank you very much for the medianxl team.
Love medianxl very much. :-D
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Angelhost’s proc locks your attack each time it procs and its a pretty big chance i suggest removing the lock issue or change the proc, it’s not useable and annoying to play with
Elendilli
Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
morphed wrote:Angelhost’s proc locks your attack each time it procs and its a pretty big chance i suggest removing the lock issue or change the proc, it’s not useable and annoying to play with

yep