Discuss Median XL!
ixvid_
Cog
230 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
adiabloplayer wrote:
ixvid_ wrote:
adiabloplayer wrote:Bow Druid's bear's Heart of the Pack is SO annoying. Either have the ability be the bear's aura or remove the ability. It's basically useless, even if I have the bear, I almost always have to use Steady shot. Honestly, I really like the bow druid better without the Bear's ability. Switching constantly between steady shot and other skills is fun for me.

Same,I found the new bow skills good (especially we now have homing nova shota aka Heartseeker as base ability) but I agree with Bear situation, either aura of efect or not at all.

Something I forgot to add. If the ability is changed to an aura, the skills need to be rebalanced cause the rare occasions where it does trigger and you aren't out of range, you get a HUGE burst of damage. Aura with current dmg would be completely broken.

Agree, lower the %wd of all bow skills from 80%, 90%, 110% to lets say 40%, 50%, 60% but grant the Bear with constant aura effect all the time.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ixvid_ wrote:
adiabloplayer wrote:
ixvid_ wrote:
adiabloplayer wrote:Bow Druid's bear's Heart of the Pack is SO annoying. Either have the ability be the bear's aura or remove the ability. It's basically useless, even if I have the bear, I almost always have to use Steady shot. Honestly, I really like the bow druid better without the Bear's ability. Switching constantly between steady shot and other skills is fun for me.

Same,I found the new bow skills good (especially we now have homing nova shota aka Heartseeker as base ability) but I agree with Bear situation, either aura of efect or not at all.

Something I forgot to add. If the ability is changed to an aura, the skills need to be rebalanced cause the rare occasions where it does trigger and you aren't out of range, you get a HUGE burst of damage. Aura with current dmg would be completely broken.

Agree, lower the %wd of all bow skills from 80%, 90%, 110% to lets say 40%, 50%, 60% but grant the Bear with constant aura effect all the time.

This will kill the whole idea and mechanic of build.. But maybe let the bear cast his buff more frequently. It's for real too low chance, i even let bear kill while me standing nearby and for half of some random open a1 area he didn't cast it even once.

PS: And yes, on last attack speed breakpoint quills and all other skills become invisible. Additionally - thorn wall seems to become pure garbage. Killed Duriel with 1pt quill storm faster, then with 1pt thorn wall.
Edited by Scalewinged 3 years.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Razin wrote:I have noticed some weird drop bias in Normal Act 2. An excessive amount of Great Mauls dropped. Basically every 10th enemy dropped one. I didn't notice any other item dropping this much.

Yep, every patch has a similar issue, I've reported it before. The item seems to vary, one season it was T1/T2 Ancient Armour, then it was Viper Bows.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
EgorFlame87 wrote:Druid's level 6 skill, Hunting Banshee, received damage boost in 1.7. As listed in patchnote, the damage was doubled for the first level of skill. However, the damage (as well as the description for skill) are the same as in 1.6 version. Field damage tests showed no changes as well.

Leveling up the skill don't fixes the problem. When you level it up from lvl 1 to lvl 2, the damage of it don't increases, but mana cost increases.

Yes I noticed that too having just switched from bow to caster druid.

Also, the patch notes could make it more clear what that means (even if it did happen) for other levels - presumably it means all skill levels later than level 1 are also increased, but it could actually mean that only level 1 is increased.

If it really means that all base levels are doubled then let's say that. If it means something else, then clearer language would be useful.
Splargh
Grubber
324 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
act 1 rogue priestess merc:
documentation says she is using homing nova shot, but her skill screen says she is using heartseeker. I know those skills look the same, but homing nova shot has 100% conversion to fire and heartseaker doesn't.
I'd like to know which she is using in order to know how to gear her.

Also in the docs it says that ranger uses broadside while priestess uses arrowside. Those seem to be the same skill ingame.
Splargh
Grubber
324 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
big maggot in maggot lair level 3 takes no damage from infected roots
syllab
Jungle Hunter
27 | 5
Mercs seem to be unable to use class specific weapons. My rogue can't use amazon bows or helms at least.
suchbalance
Team Member
1757 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
syllab wrote:Mercs seem to be unable to use class specific weapons. My rogue can't use amazon bows or helms at least.

Is your game updated to the latest patch? Does she have the necessary level & dexterity to equip the item?

Captcha wrote:
EgorFlame87 wrote:Druid's level 6 skill, Hunting Banshee, received damage boost in 1.7. As listed in patchnote, the damage was doubled for the first level of skill. However, the damage (as well as the description for skill) are the same as in 1.6 version. Field damage tests showed no changes as well.

Leveling up the skill don't fixes the problem. When you level it up from lvl 1 to lvl 2, the damage of it don't increases, but mana cost increases.

Yes I noticed that too having just switched from bow to caster druid.

Also, the patch notes could make it more clear what that means (even if it did happen) for other levels - presumably it means all skill levels later than level 1 are also increased, but it could actually mean that only level 1 is increased.

If it really means that all base levels are doubled then let's say that. If it means something else, then clearer language would be useful.

It's just a rounding error on the tooltip, nothing to worry about.
EgorFlame87
Imp
5 | 0
Mercs really like to "freeze" without any movement in really far from char places.
MaciozoPl
Imp
5 | 1
EgorFlame87 wrote:Mercs really like to "freeze" without any movement in really far from char places.

It is more diablo2 problem, than median xl, every mod has this trouble.
To prevent merc being bugged (monsters cant target him with melee attacks), do not recall or move too far away to make him teleport to you.
Use
Jitan's Gate
or
Blink from Pax Mystica ( Nef runeword )