smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Relic (Body of the Savior)
- bonus revive(any) dies the moment it takes dmg.
Taem
Necrobot
2473 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Cheno wrote:Image

The tooltip of this ability is a bit weird. Usually the ability type is not included in the general text but for some reason the description reads like really broken English, even if "Summon" is including while reading.
It's either read as:
"Summon defenseless victims and tries to kill them to get corpses"

or
"Defenseless victims and tries to kill them to get corpses"

Either way, broken English is broken and breaks with the convention of [ability type] - [ability description].

Edit: I don't mind making a complete evaluation of all skill descriptions if it's something you would want me to do.

The skill summons "victims" and kills them, of which some may turn into reanimates. The corpses on the ground can be used for spells that require a corpse to cast. The description is grammatically correct as is, however I suppose if the hyphen were removed, it might make more sense.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Taem wrote:

The tooltip of this ability is a bit weird. Usually the ability type is not included in the general text but for some reason the description reads like really broken English, even if "Summon" is including while reading.
It's either read as:

or

Either way, broken English is broken and breaks with the convention of [ability type] - [ability description].

Edit: I don't mind making a complete evaluation of all skill descriptions if it's something you would want me to do.

The skill summons "victims" and kills them, of which some may turn into reanimates. The corpses on the ground can be used for spells that require a corpse to cast. The description is grammatically correct as is, however I suppose if the hyphen were removed, it might make more sense.

summon is before the hyphen to designate the type of skill it is, like others might say "Attack" or "Warp Strike", etc
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Crash wrote:
Taem wrote:

It's either read as:

or

summon is before the hyphen to designate the type of skill it is, like others might say "Attack" or "Warp Strike", etc

The description is not grammatically correct. It should read "Summon - Summons defenseless victims...". For sake of not being repetitive, it should then be changed to "Summon - Spawns defenseless victims..."
uberecht
Sasquatch
65 | 6
The "Lost Traveler Sprite" sometimes doesn't dissappear after summoning/activating the Witch/Athanna Khan fight. Cosmetic only.
Sometimes the flames from the startled witches are invisible.
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Semigloss wrote:
Crash wrote:
Taem wrote:

It's either read as:

or

The description is not grammatically correct. It should read "Summon - Summons defenseless victims...". For sake of not being repetitive, it should then be changed to "Summon - Spawns defenseless victims..."

The "tries to kill them" part is also a bit weird. It implies that the spell can fail (tries) which it can't. Honestly something like "Spawns corpses for the necromancer to use" would be more appropriate and a better indicator of what the ability does. It's not a big deal, it overall just gives off a poor impression to new players. Some potentially new players would look at this say it's something straight out of 2008, which is obviously not entirely wrong but it gives the impression of a bootleg mod made by 1 guy in his spare time after his job at a gas station or something. I think freshening up some of the really old ability descriptions wouldn't be a bad idea and it can even be outsourced to the community. I would be up for it, at least.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Could you disallow Akara's robe to become ethereal please? Mine just lost its value before I even reached Duriel :-D
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ParticuLarry wrote:Could you disallow Akara's robe to become ethereal please? Mine just lost its value before I even reached Duriel :-D

actual weirdchamp.

are you intentionally getting smacked by every attack?
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Elemental bases should have stat-conversion damage even in their tiered form, since otherwise all IED boosting skills are useless until you can get sacred bases, making any intention of building an IED-based character virtually impossible up until at least act 3 nightmare. Also, there are still a lot of weapon types that have no elemental bases available severely hindering the possibility of tinkering with this game mechanic. For example, the only melee dex based elemental weapon is the Crystal Sword. Considering how underused spears and javelins are outside of their specific amazon builds (which will use amazon-specific weapons anyway) it would make sense to at least make a non-amazon spear and javelin an elemental base. On a similar note, the only STR based elemental weapons are the battle axe (fire) and throwing axe (lightning), this means that first, there's no cold base available for STR, and also no STR based elemental weapon outside of axes. I think I've said this before, but I think elemental bases should either be able to drop with any given element, or at least there should be a cube recipe to allow element-switching. I'd love it if, for example, you could cube an elemental essence with an elemental base to convert it to said element. This would solve the issue of element limitations without the need of adding a ton of elemental bases.

I don't know if you can tell, but I absolutely love the idea of elemental bases, but the implementation is currently so limited that actually crafting a successful build around them is nigh impossible. I get that there have been many changes to skills to accomodate elemental bases, but without actual weapon variety to take advantage of those skills, this seems like a VERY truncated mechanic.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Crash wrote:
ParticuLarry wrote:Could you disallow Akara's robe to become ethereal please? Mine just lost its value before I even reached Duriel :-D

actual weirdchamp.

are you intentionally getting smacked by every attack?

:D

You don't need to watch out for attacks with a caster druid, since Pagan Rites heals more than incoming damage reduces your health. I can also imagine a few other builds that are usually in the middle of the action, tanking attacks like it's nothing, like literally any melee build.

In the end it's just little quality of life change and it can be easily fixed with the "repair 1 durability per 33 seconds" modifier, that existed in the original Diablo 2.