Assassin singularity spell

Discuss Median XL!
Razin
Dark Huntress
12 | 13
Hey,

several times in the past I started playing assassin with the intent to use the singularity spell but every time I reached lvl 18 and got the singularity I felt disappointed. To put it simply: The singularity spell just doesn't feel right.

What I mean by this?
It is supposed to be singularity - the center of a black hole - something so powerful that it bends time and space. Yet enemies are just happily walking right next to it like it was nothing. But don't get me wrong I am not talking about dmg here (tbh I don't know how is the singularity performing in terms of dmg on higher lvls). What I would expect from a spell like this is at least some form of slowing effect with similar properties like the dmg component (more effective when the enemy is closer to the center). Or even better than slowing effect would be some gravity effect that would slowly pull enemies toward the center.

What do you think?
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Preach brother!
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Yea it should definitely pull enemies together.
redicomerade
Abomination
140 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
On Old median versions this "black magic" spells from ubers was Just pure dead to player- deathstrike, singularity.
When player got this spells its Just "mehh", but dont have any high end assa so maybe im wrong. I saw many good on beginning-bad on end game spells, so if singularity is medicore on start... I dont know
Definitly will try out some time, got this idea on the "to do list".
The slow idea is great, The problem would be survival, you have only avoid, The One ssu claw (dont remember which one) with life leech would be great i think.
Exequiel90
Skeleton
2 | 0
Yeah, that mechanism should work focusing on astronomical features
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
You are 100% right. Singularity used to be much stronger than it is now, and I love your idea of having it suck in enemies! This spell deserves more love!
Splargh
Grubber
324 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I often played around with singularity because i like the concept and look but always gave up. It isn't really good at anything except for killing non-moving, non-teleporting, non-uberlevel-bosses.
akbugger
Pit Knight
101 | 3
Splargh wrote:It isn't really good at anything except for killing non-moving, non-teleporting, non-uberlevel-bosses.

:D

Yea, Singularity is really bad as it is. It would be cool if it would pull creatures towards center, gain some combo potential with other classes.
It excells at killing that Coldworm bug in Act 2 thou :yay: .
Potentialy good for Kabraxis, but why bother with it when u can use Broadside?
Pain
Azure Drake
162 | 12
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
There is no skill function in diablo2 that can pull enemies so unless Whist will create one from scratch dont expect it pulling ever. This skill probably just needs more damage and great slow for its duration only.
suntorytime
Monkey King
269 | 6
Singularity + Doom combo have kind of insane damage potential. But, in reality, the skill is quite underwhelming if not straight up garbage given almost all bosses are not stationary so you just end up spamming Shuriken + Doom instead