TU drop change suggestion

Discuss Median XL!
isthisminecraft
Stygian Watcher
40 | 2
Remove tiered uniques from 115+ zones and make arcane crystals drop at 1/5th the rate they would drop. It's a small change, but at some point it just gets annoying cubing TU's for crystals.
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
No need to change the drop rate really, but I agree AC farming at end game is very weird currently.
It also might be something like a catalyst of disenchantement upgrade that transform every TU drops directly after doing a certain quest, it's kinda cool but no idea how hard it is to implement.
Another idea would be to give shard drop biais in certain zones, my favorite idea would be viz jun, gold drops at this point of the game is ridiculous, and to have both jewels and shard drop would make it very interesting.

To me the second point would be better, the biggest problem about AC right now is that they're still useful in endgame for labs and such, but the most efficient way to get them is fricking normal nihlatack, and doing thoses kind of runs on a lvl 140 char is TERRIBLE mentally. But just having a quality of life thing like you propose is cool already for sure.
Edited by Lynderika 3 years.
partial
Jungle Hunter
28 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I am very into this change.
Mr_Ali
Rust Claw
87 | 2
Lynderika wrote:No need to change the drop rate really, but I agree AC farming at end game is very weird currently.
It also might be something like a catalyst of disenchantement upgrade that transform every TU drops directly after doing a certain quest, it's kinda cool but no idea how hard it is to implement.
Another idea would be to give shard drop biais in certain zones, my favorite idea would be viz jun, gold drops at this point of the game is ridiculous, and to have both jewels and shard drop would make it very interesting.

To me the second point would be better, the biggest problem about AC right now is that they're still useful in endgame for labs and such, but the most efficient way to get them is fricking normal nihlatack, and doing thoses kind of runs on a lvl 140 char is TERRIBLE mentally. But just having a quality of life thing like you propose is cool already for sure.

Are nilhlathack rinds really the best? I find I an get a bunch of acs fro. A few fautz runs on a hood farming character with the added bonus of possibly finding something good as well.

On topic I would support this change
physics
Sasquatch
66 | 2
Mr_Ali wrote:
Lynderika wrote:No need to change the drop rate really, but I agree AC farming at end game is very weird currently.

Are nilhlathack rinds really the best? I find I an get a bunch of acs fro. A few fautz runs on a hood farming character with the added bonus of possibly finding something good as well.

On topic I would support this change

if you were solely concerned with AC gain i imagine nihla runs would still be the fastest. giving up the entire end-game loot table is definitely not worth it though

@OP i also think this would be a nice change
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
At level 115+ just running normal Mephisto or Nihlathak gets a pile of TUs/ACs very quickly and with no danger. The only problem monsters cause is when they get in the way of you trying to run past them - and Blnk is good here, also for jumping over walls to take shortcuts.

It's also quite good to get TUs since I might get a good roll and/or I want to keep it for starting another character - and if I want an arcane shard instead... chuck 'em in the cube with the catalyst and - bang, all converted into ACs. Seems very easy to me - after playing d2 for years this was a breath of fresh air.
Acry
Pit Knight
109 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I like this idea
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Cool idea :D
dant121
Acid Prince
45 | 1
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
but I'm against it, it will worsen the economy, as now you can buy charms and gear for acs, because the powers that be, are too lazy to collect tu.
patrick_pkl
Gravedigger
191 | 4
Why are ACs even valuable late game? Jewel crafting?