MXL Knowledge Quiz

Discuss Median XL!
physics
Sasquatch
66 | 2
"Mercenary stats are not affected by the level they were hired"

should this be clarified to mean "stat growth"? i find the wording a little confusing

i would also like to suggest adding a question about items having different fcr breakpoints since that wasn't present in vanilla D2

thanks for the quiz though, i learned some stuff :D
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
You should highlight the fact that it is based on the latest patch.

I actually wondered if you made these questions prior or after 1.7.
kakaraposa
King of Ice Cream
113 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
wasn't really well but certainly had fun XD
adiabloplayer
Bone Archer
75 | 3
37/50. Well, that could have been worse.
Acry
Pit Knight
109 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
NotCube wrote:May I suggest adding an "I don't know" option to these questions? I think it more informative to know if your players actually have no idea vs guessing or being wrong.

Agreed! I think I got like 30-35 right out of the total.
Kaido
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
Well, wasn't that a disaster.

It was fun though. If I may give you a suggestion: I didn't really like that in some questions you mixed technical answers with GUI-related ones. Take, for instance, the questions about ilvl and alvl: the first three answers are about how those mechanics actually work, while the last one is about whether you can turn them on/off in the settings, which has nothing to do with the rest. It felt kind of disrupting to me. I have nothing against GUI-related questions, but you might want to keep them separate from the game mechanics :mrgreen:
Khran
Vampiress
38 | 4
That's a nice idea.

Not sure about the diminishing returns on combat speeds though. You need more of a given stat for each breakpoint, but the value also increases (i.e. going from 12 to 11 frames isn't as valuable as going from 4 to 3).
PaMxl
Stone Warrior
33 | 3
Khran wrote:That's a nice idea.

Not sure about the diminishing returns on combat speeds though. You need more of a given stat for each breakpoint, but the value also increases (i.e. going from 12 to 11 frames isn't as valuable as going from 4 to 3).

This is because you need to invest more % in FCR, FHR, etc each time you decrease the frames per second than for the previous breakpoint.

Quiz suggestion:
- add questions about required resistance caps or boss pierces required to tank certain ubers such as Quov Tsin, Asshur, or Lanterns in High Heavens.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Only 5 wrongs... most times due to some confusing answers but still.. at least 1 fact i really didn't know :\
chibichobi
Prowler
19 | 0
ty for this , a lot of info .