Actual Monster/Boss Health

Discuss Median XL!
ScPlayer92
Thunder Beetle
53 | 5
Hi, i just have this one question:

Would it be possible to somehow display the actual nummerical Hit Points of Monsters?(from a development standpoint of course)
Kind of like the way Diablo III or Grimm Dawn does it?
I always play Median XL Solo offline, and i mostly stop/get stuck once i reach the 120 Uber Bracket. I just do not seem to be doing
the Damage that is requiered to kill these bosses effectively. And that is why I am curios about their actual Hit Points. That would give
me at least an idea of how much damage i am actually doing.

Thanks in advance ;)
DeaTh
Cog
206 | 16
HP numbers won't show anything. Like the character, the boss has many different defensive mechanics. Resists, defence, avoid, DR and various hidden mechanics that came to Sigma like damage divizor.

Therefore, the hp figures are not indicative. Relatively speaking, one boss can have 1 million hp, and the other has 100,000 hp, but a lot of defenses and it will be more difficult to kill him.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
I personally like very much when a game has a solid and wide parametric aspect integrated into it but, even if possible, in the context of MXL I feel like it would be of little utility if not outright misleading. Many things would have to change/being integrated to accomodate for such feature... for example you'd need to provide accurate %s of every absorb and/or dmg divider (and more) each enemy posses as to not get misleaded by health numbers, it should also need to be a dinamic display to account for possible ingame buffs to said enemy. This could probably lead to an excess of info being shown that would be useful in reality only to a niche of the playerbase, thus also leading to the need of making all of this toggleable. Unironically, in a sistem with that many variables, the current number-less bar is more fit and flexible at giving a somewhat accurate estimation when the context is taken into account. In all honesty I dunno how feasible any of this could really be but on first glance it possibly sounds like a cool idea for the wrong game.

Edit:
ninja'd
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
ScPlayer92
Thunder Beetle
53 | 5
Oh that sounds reasonable, i didn't really think about all that stuff like buffs and avoid etc. I agree with you that direct HP
could be missleading in that way. Thanks though for pointing this stuff out to me.

But another maybe "nitpicky" thing that i would like to add is the for my taste missing information on
debuffs that an enemy/boss can put on you. You basicly just see a red icon on the right of above your UI but
most of the time you have got no idead what it stands for. Like with Kabraxis for Example, i got no clue what
the effect is that he puts on me so i do not know how to properly prepare for him.

On the topic of Kabraxis, he is a real pain for me, no matter which character i try. I tried killing him
for like 4-5 patches i think and i never even came close. He just jumps me and stunlocks me to death
or his green flamestrike just nukes me(I guess my reactions are just too bad).
Which stats should i care about when it comes to him(FHR?), any advice?

Thanks again for explaining the reasons of why you do things the way you do :)
Berkabus1
Grubber
331 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ScPlayer92 wrote:Oh that sounds reasonable, i didn't really think about all that stuff like buffs and avoid etc. I agree with you that direct HP
could be missleading in that way. Thanks though for pointing this stuff out to me.

But another maybe "nitpicky" thing that i would like to add is the for my taste missing information on
debuffs that an enemy/boss can put on you. You basicly just see a red icon on the right of above your UI but
most of the time you have got no idead what it stands for. Like with Kabraxis for Example, i got no clue what
the effect is that he puts on me so i do not know how to properly prepare for him.

On the topic of Kabraxis, he is a real pain for me, no matter which character i try. I tried killing him
for like 4-5 patches i think and i never even came close. He just jumps me and stunlocks me to death

The trick is to circle him and avoid the green attack. Take an Apple before fight and smax psn resist with gems. (For punishers) then you can try various amounts of characters. For me paladin does it well ! Has alot of free regen and damage from that new uberskill. Try it ! Or necro xbow. Make sure at any case that kabraxks turns his high dealing damage at your minions! Good luck :)
ScPlayer92
Thunder Beetle
53 | 5
Thx, i actually thought about rolling a xbow necro since i have never tried one before. i will see i gues
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
ScPlayer92 wrote:Oh that sounds reasonable, i didn't really think about all that stuff like buffs and avoid etc. I agree with you that direct HP

For the moment I play totem necro. The new frostclaw totem is very strong againts bosses. You just need to practice for teleport, summon, and have some good stuff with cold spell damage, and -enemy cold resists. This is the first character with which I killed him really fast. Good luck !!
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times

Having the highest, realistically obtainable hit recovery breakpoint is generally important for all 115-120+ bosses but yea, you don't want to be at 8+ frames if you get hit by flamestrike, it will essentially stunlock you more than a second, assuming you survive that long. Increasing max fire and poison resistances could be beneficial if you think you get hit a lot by his abilities but frequently getting hit by the flamestrike will often kill and you really need to dodge the majority of those. Kab seems fairly similar to a Dark Souls boss, in the sense that execution really is a large part of the boss fight. He generally only jumps on you if you move too far away, the most safe area is often to be far enough away from the whirlpool he casts but not much further than that. It's essentially a safe-zone of a few yards where he won't jump on you and you won't get hit by whirlpool. Other than that, constantly moving and only landing 2-3 attacks at a time, will usually keep you alive long enough for you too deal more than the he heals when he kills you. I don't know what you play but maybe looking through various different Kab kill videos could help give you some general pointers for the fight. Some builds might have a fairly easy time with him due to the way they deal damage, but most builds have to respect his abilities and most builds will execute the same overall tactic to prevent deaths.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1443 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
ScPlayer92 wrote:Like with Kabraxis for Example, i got no clue what

It is chronofield, sorceress uberskill. It slows you, thats all.
ScPlayer92
Thunder Beetle
53 | 5
Thx, how much health do your chars have, so his blink strikes don't kill you instantly and he
doesn't get to heal with his soulstealer? I guess i really just suck at dealing with blink-bosses.
The one in Teganze gives me a lot of trouble as well, but i did manage to kill him.