Spirit of Giyua - How to manage the fight?

Discuss Median XL!
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
So this fight's been something of a white whale for the past three seasons where I just haven't figured this fight out. I've literally done every other 125 uber and the 130 ubers and know how to do those, but this one specifically is causing me issues.

So I'm a poison caster NotArmory link and this is the one fight I haven't solved. What do I do to beat this guy? I am at 150 pierce, and Mythal/vine cover the difference, if that is important. Also aware need more signets and probably should respec to reallocate skill points into Elvensong?

My usual plan is to get aggressive asap before lockdown. I summon/prebuff then do the following:

- Go to point 3, dropping a Mythal on it first, then walk into the center and insult BCA's (Big Chalupa Asshat) mother.
- Immediate pounce is met with spamming harvest to get damage moving immediately
'- Bolt out of the wind circle, kiting the phantasms and keeping up infected roots if I can get a namelock on. It's nearly impossible as I can't even see the guy otherwise due to contrast issues/colorblindness. Sometimes I can *barely* make out which one he is among the guardians.
- Speaking of guardians, should I go through and clear a bunch before even engaging this guy?

Anyways, so I chill on that island and fight as usual, watching for any sort of statue throw to immediately purify as soon as it lands. If I purify it, the fight continues on as normal. If it was constantly like this I wouldn't need to make this post. This plan falls apart immediately if I miss a purify or a errant guardian bodyblocks the purify; at this point there's already a second nest and I can't continue the engagement, so I need to flee. During which more phantasms spawn and eventually a disjointed hitbox of a stack kills me instantly.

So, questions:

- If I'm stuck in a cycle where I can't get him to stop spawning nests, how do I break it? How do I bait out pounces without him putting a nest up nearby? Feels like he's putting them out faster than purify can come off cooldown sometimes.
- Should I just respec to banshees? It'd probably solve my aim issues on hitting him; don't have to aim when they do it for me *taps forehead*
- Should I be clearing out most of the guardians near the two center islands before engaging?

I know I could just buy the charm and call it a day, but I want to actually get this kill. What do?
Rusev
Balrog
125 | 6
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
For that boss auto atacks are best. So paladin have HYdra so u just wait the teleport cast and run tele whatever. For druid i guess will be best homing nova shot.Dont use summons cause he cast this thinks on ground alot and no damage when that happen use purify. So if u really want on caster druid get teleport charm or
Pax Mystica (Xis)
so you go mid he teleport u drop harvest and tele back.clear with purify and again. No summons dont use them. Very high dps will help alot good luck
cletyan
Bone Archer
72 | 0
if you survive when he jumps on you your good , you dont need to fight him face to face you have to hit and run lure the unkillable spirit far away from giyua ,purify the barrack like mobs as fast as you can to avoid summoning of spirit and stay out of the tornado circle. when giyua is alone i put him on 1 on 1 in the entrance. its goes like this he jumps on me attack (if summon purify, if cast tornado blink out) then w8 him to blink on you again. i use bear druid its tough i try a hundred of time, i though i hes unkillable so i avoid him but i need the trance HAHA.
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Rusev wrote:For that boss auto atacks are best. So paladin have HYdra so u just wait the teleport cast and run tele whatever. For druid i guess will be best homing nova shot.Dont use summons cause he cast this thinks on ground alot and no damage when that happen use purify. So if u really want on caster druid get teleport charm or
Pax Mystica (Xis)
so you go mid he teleport u drop harvest and tele back.clear with purify and again. No summons dont use them. Very high dps will help alot good luck

Does blink as an oskill scale it's cooldown with soft levels, as all levels from oskills are considered soft?

I'm only keeping one harvester up for the spell damage aura; 75% more spell damage is a lot to pass up, I'll just ensure I'm running ahead of it to ensure he targets me specifically.