Nerfed sorc

Discuss Median XL!
SteelWings
Sasquatch
67 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Does the spell focus work on Arcane tree spells? E.g. immersion, Mana Sweep? Energy factor didn't work on them previously, I can't imagine it working now with spell focus.
acekard
Acid Prince
49 | 4
SteelWings wrote:Does the spell focus work on Arcane tree spells? E.g. immersion, Mana Sweep? Energy factor didn't work on them previously, I can't imagine it working now with spell focus.

SF is useless for mana sorcs, so it was a nerf to them too
SteelWings
Sasquatch
67 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
acekard wrote:SF is useless for mana sorcs, so it was a nerf to them too

Lovely, nerfed twice this patch - now we don't have +5/6 to all skills with summon familiar and also still need to level energy to get mana, while other sorcs can invest into vitality and be tankier. Arcane sorcs depent on Mana to deal any damage.
cma78
Banned
20 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I greatly dislike meta rotation especially when that applies to non ladder as well, old characters you put a ton of work into is no longer working.

Patches for ladder should never apply to perm non ladders, that is a mistake.

I guarantee you people that play on perm greatly dislike meta rotations too, that's why they play there after all and not ladder.

The whole temp season/league/ladder thing was invented for people that lacks attention span, why does it have to hurt the rest of us ?

Nerfing basically takes away from the game going down a rabbit hole, it's never a good thing to nerf anything, let it stay as it was.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
SteelWings wrote:
acekard wrote:SF is useless for mana sorcs, so it was a nerf to them too

Lovely, nerfed twice this patch - now we don't have +5/6 to all skills with summon familiar and also still need to level energy to get mana, while other sorcs can invest into vitality and be tankier. Arcane sorcs depent on Mana to deal any damage.

The change to Familiar passive had to be done on the fly because the passive granting +skills was crashing the servers (recursion) on the first hour of launch. So there was no nerf intended as we had to act quick. We could have changed it again mid season but you can probably see how that could be an issue for some people too. Point being; the skill will see further changes down the road.
SteelWings
Sasquatch
67 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
Marco wrote:
So there was no nerf intended as we had to act quick.
Point being; the skill will see further changes down the road.

I love the idea of Mana Sorceress, but feels like she hadn't received some good loving in a while.. :oops: