Wht is the best bosskiller at the moment?

Discuss Median XL!
Rusev
Balrog
125 | 6
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
He said boss killer and that brings me to poison throw barb- there is no guide but fact is t4v is selling samael laz charms like cookies with that buid. So barb and second will be throw assassin on stormcrows or wychwind.After is coming mele necro mele sorc...even fire sorc but no familiars anymore. So yea barb is bis boss killer for me
Edited by Rusev 3 years.
BagboyBrown
Acid Prince
45 | 0
I think the fact that this question even needs to be asked just shows how unbalanced the mod is. Like, do the "devs" (we''ll call them that) even play this game?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Rusev wrote:He said boss killer and that brings me to poison throw barb- there is no guide but fact is t4v is selling samael laz charms like cookies with that buid. So barb and second will be throw assassin on stormcrows or wychwind.After is coming mele necro mele sorc...even fire sorc but no familiars anymore. So yea barb is bis boss killer for me

snakebite wasnt even good vs samael when the damage was like 3x higher on initial release. it was still 10 minute kill with overtuned scaling.

also calling a poison throw barb a top laz farmer is rather odd because laz isn't a damage check anyways. :?
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
BagboyBrown wrote:I think the fact that this question even needs to be asked just shows how unbalanced the mod is. Like, do the "devs" (we''ll call them that) even play this game?

Are you implying that "balanced" means all builds doing all content and roles with the same success? Because if so your concept of "balanced" sounds awfully boring. And also no game ever is balanced if that was the case (luckily)
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
BagboyBrown wrote:I think the fact that this question even needs to be asked just shows how unbalanced the mod is. Like, do the "devs" (we''ll call them that) even play this game?

It's a question that is frequently asked in every single arpg ever existed, simply because people want fast results for little time investment, regardless of balancing.
MagnuS
Pit Knight
112 | 30
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Bliyadolubov wrote:Dont mentioned casters because they dont stand a chance in labs, exept of magic-m.-zon

I went all the way to T14 with Holy Caster.

Cube even killed Phoboss.

You couldn't be more wrong
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
NotCube wrote:

It's a question that is frequently asked in every single arpg ever existed, simply because people want fast results for little time investment, regardless of balancing.

:thumb:
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
GregMXL wrote:
NotCube wrote:

:thumb:

I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.

What does even mean that quote? Is it from death/heavy metal band - DEATH?
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
shnurr214 wrote:I think this question should be asked in the following way, which class/ build does the actual hard content without requiring a lot of expensive su umo or special set ups? People citing 120 ubers as a testament to a builds strength is kind of weird because basically every character can do this pretty easily. You should be looking at stuff like the extreme ubers, high labs and trophy farming fast.

Yes, well said. I think that's what people mean when they ask that question (even if they've not seen enough of the game to realise that's what they mean!). It's a question that you see in the forums of every rpg/mmo I've played and it gets different reactions from people - some shout it down, some help.

My personal view is that there will always be casual players who have limited time and would like to see as much of the content as possible, so they seek out the help of more experienced players so that they don't waste time on builds that just don't work for what they want to achieve.

In that sense, I think shnurr214's wording is the right question. I'm interested in the answer myself.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Captcha wrote:
shnurr214 wrote:I think this question should be asked in the following way, which class/ build does the actual hard content without requiring a lot of expensive su umo or special set ups? People citing 120 ubers as a testament to a builds strength is kind of weird because basically every character can do this pretty easily. You should be looking at stuff like the extreme ubers, high labs and trophy farming fast.

Yes, well said. I think that's what people mean when they ask that question (even if they've not seen enough of the game to realise that's what they mean!). It's a question that you see in the forums of every rpg/mmo I've played and it gets different reactions from people - some shout it down, some help.

My personal view is that there will always be casual players who have limited time and would like to see as much of the content as possible, so they seek out the help of more experienced players so that they don't waste time on builds that just don't work for what they want to achieve.

In that sense, I think shnurr214's wording is the right question. I'm interested in the answer myself.

to be fair, the 120 ubers are a significant jump in difficulty (dps checking) compared to 115's, so people using that as a threshold isn't such a bad thing because that's generally the point people have to gear up more.